Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter (5636 Views)

Rice Mills In Nigeria Closedown After India’s Ban On Rice Exports / Nigeria’s Agric Exports Rise By 55% – Audu Ogbeh / Apapa Port Declared 160% Increase In Agric Exports In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by Nkemakonam62: 12:48am On Oct 30, 2017
Nigeria’s non-oil sector is growing with N261.92 billion earnings in the second quarter of the year from agric exports, Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Audu Ogbeh has said.

Ogbeh spoke at official unveiling of the Nigeria Agribusiness Resource Centre for Agricultural Investment at the weekend in Abuja.

He said agricultural export increased by 82 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2016 and earnings from the sector stood at about N30 billion in the first quarter of the year.

According to the minister, the country earned N3.7 billion from export of sesame seed to Turkey, N1.6 billion to China and N1.6 billion to Canada.

Ogbeh, who was represented by the ministry’s Permanent Secretary, Bukar Alhassan, said in the first quarter, N3.4 billion was made on Soya bean export to Russia, N1.2 billion to Greece, N2.2 billion was earned from the export of frozen Shrimps to Netherlands, N1.8 billion made from cashew nuts export to Vietnam and crude palm kernel oil export to The Netherlands netted N1.2 billion.

The minister listed destinations of agricultural exports in the second quarter as including to Asia, Europe, America, Africa and the Oceanic.

He said the country earned N13.5 billion from cashew nuts export to Vietnam with N12.6 billion, India (N1.4 billion) and Kazakhstan (N6.34 million).

African Lead Regional Director Carla Denizard said the resource centre was established in response to the request by the ministry’s Department of Agriculture and Marketing to bridge the knowledge gap in the sector and enable investors have access to information.

http://www.akelicious.com/2017/10/nigeria-earns-n2619b-from-agric-exports.html

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by khallyberry: 12:50am On Oct 30, 2017
ftc

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by winnerz: 12:51am On Oct 30, 2017
I have stopped believing any info from this government since 2016 AD grin

19 Likes

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by GavelSlam: 2:10am On Oct 30, 2017
winnerz:
I have stopped believing any info from this government since 2016 AD grin

But if it is bad news you would take it with glee.

The truth is, those who have rolled up their sleeves to work are reaping the rewards.

If things are hard for you, please look inwards.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by deji17: 2:31am On Oct 30, 2017
This is great!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by tstx(m): 7:43am On Oct 30, 2017
I believe you

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by vengertime: 7:44am On Oct 30, 2017
Lies and propaganda

From which farms did the produce come from? Or is it the one that the whole middle belt region can't go to their farms cos of Fulani herdsmen

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by Nbote(m): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2017
Including d rejected yams??
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by Marvis4real(f): 7:46am On Oct 30, 2017
Still we don't see the money.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by holycup(m): 7:48am On Oct 30, 2017
this government and propaganda be like 5 & 6.
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 30, 2017
Non oil export doesn't entirely mean Agricultural export. As a matter of fact, agricultural export in Nigeria is nearly non existence. Publication of unaudited data won't help in making it a reality.
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by SillyMods: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2017
Yet haters and enemies of progress keep ridiculing PMB's work.

God punish haters.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by vedaxcool(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2017
[s]
Nbote:
Including d rejected yams??
[/s]

E pain am diee

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by SillyMods: 7:59am On Oct 30, 2017
Marvis4real:
Still we don't see the money.
You're waiting to receive other people's reward?

Dey there dey wait.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by SillyMods: 8:00am On Oct 30, 2017
naijamafioso:
Common man on the street is not feeling the effect o!

Check my signature for free bitcoins, nothing to lose.
Make common man go work nah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by Pataricatering(f): 8:00am On Oct 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

The truth is, those who have rolled up their sleeves to work are reaping the rewards.

I’m upset there is only one like button !

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by GavelSlam: 8:02am On Oct 30, 2017
Pataricatering:

I’m upset there is only one like button !

It's OK my sister .

It's quite unfortunate how our own youth wish the nation bad.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by winnerz: 8:04am On Oct 30, 2017
GavelSlam:

Did I complain of hardship sir.?
I am only telling you this government is full of lies. Mind you I investment my vote to bring this government to power. Whether good or bad info, bubu has seems to have lost control of the vehicle �.
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by trueorfalse: 8:05am On Oct 30, 2017
Money that maina will collect abi. Or Jubrin will tell NNPC GMD to siphon it in fake juicy contracts
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by Emvicprints1: 8:06am On Oct 30, 2017
Money that would soon go missing
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by Roseey0(f): 8:06am On Oct 30, 2017
Let's sustain this plz
I wish corruption will allow us

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by trueorfalse: 8:06am On Oct 30, 2017
winnerz:

I am only telling you this government is full of lies. Mind you I investment my vote to bring this government to power. Whether good or bad info, bubu has seems to have lost control of the vehicle �.
yeepee one zombie has repented
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by GavelSlam: 8:10am On Oct 30, 2017
winnerz:

OK oga Zeby.
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by Exclusive32: 8:11am On Oct 30, 2017
not even up to crude oil export per day.
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by kudosamass(m): 8:12am On Oct 30, 2017
Invest in Abuja Farmlands today to be part of the Agricultural Revolution; and reap the millions coming in!

See Abuja Agricultural Farmlands for sale here: http://abujafarmland..com

Or check my signature here for any size or location in Abuja
Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by GavelSlam: 8:16am On Oct 30, 2017
trueorfalse:
Money that maina will collect abi. Or Jubrin will tell NNPC GMD to siphon it in fake juicy contracts

Are you learned at all?

Those monies go to private pockets because they are private investments.

The government is only giving you the records.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Earns N261.9b From Agric Exports In Second Quarter by asawanathegreat(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2017
I know say news come from Linus mohammed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugu Seeds For Sale / Coca Cola Does Not Kill Scorpions! / My Grape Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.