Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered (51490 Views)

Dog Killed In Port-Harcourt After Being Accused Of Transforming From A Man. PICS / Nwa-John Obinna Missing In Port Harcourt After Closing From Work (Photos) / Man Shot Dead In Port-Harcourt After Withdrawing Money From ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by amolak: 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
Yoruba will say Ole gbe, Ole gba
when I thought I have heard it all. many things have just gone in a wrong way in this country called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by olatade(m): 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nigerian police force. That sounds like a marijuana packaging company

3 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
XD3G:

Please keep your 2cents and this Bull crap you have written up here. The owner missed the adviertisement - Really?!
Come on!

I tire oh, wouldn't he/she had dropped a contact or house address?

2 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by Nymeria247(m): 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
Police again? So within one year a car has been stolen, recovered and auctioned? Nigerian Police is fast and furious in the wrong things!
Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by MONITZ: 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:
To be fair, the police have been auctioning recovered but unclaimed vehicles after advertising them in national dailies for as long as I can remember. The original owner must have missed the advertisements and the vehicle was auctioned to another person for a low price. I can only fault the police for not contacting the original owner once the car was found, since he had already made a report and presumably dropped his contact details.

The owners best option is probably to contact the successful buyer and persuade him to give back the car after paying him what it cost him at the auction; this is because the auction is a legally recognized and regulated process.

My two cents.

Given the police' dirty past records,coupled with the acts that they re engaged in presently and the ones they would be in future,can u wager that the guy was adequately notified/contacted? I won't even be surprised if it was a senior police officer that bought the ride.. They re the least disciplined amongst the military and paramilitary outfits we have in this country..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by Btruth: 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
No wonder the IGP was summoned up by the Senate for questioning. So many impunity going on within the police force.

Imagine those one arrested in Kwara state or so, selling youths for N5m per head. To be honest, craziness dey the head of all our police chiefs. How on earth can you sell someone car that's just been recovered from the thieves. I don't seem to understand them sometime.

1 Like

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by ashjay001(m): 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:
To be fair, the police have been auctioning recovered but unclaimed vehicles after advertising them in national dailies for as long as I can remember. The original owner must have missed the advertisements and the vehicle was auctioned to another person for a low price. I can only fault the police for not contacting the original owner once the car was found, since he had already made a report and presumably dropped his contact details.

The owners best option is probably to contact the successful buyer and persuade him to give back the car after paying him what it cost him at the auction; this is because the auction is a legally recognized and regulated process.

My two cents.

If, I were d owner, I would only sue the police force!? I reported d case officially n likely dropped my contact details, so how they came to auction off my vehicle, without my permission, make them come explain!? It wasnt even recovered outside rivers o!

It might take time, but I will get back a better version of this scrap!

My 2cents, too

3 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by Chinexd22nd(m): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.

Which one be "to be fair"?
You can't be fair to them if they didn't contact him after he made an official report before auctioning the car.
Our police are useless. No defend them jare

3 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by WrathOfHadez(m): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.

Yes police do auction goods , especially confiscated goods or goods gotten from criminal proceeds (proven)

However, auctioning a vehicle recovered from robbers is a different game. And auctioning it within 6 months isn't admissible.

I'm shocked you're turning the burden of recovering the car to the owner when he had reported same to the police in February this year.

Mr, the police in Nigeria is a central unit and command so once you make a report in a police unit, you have reported the matter to the police entirely.

So the police should get the man's car back to him.

And on the side note, I'm sure the car isn't yet auctioned, just another gimmick to extort and fleece the man for more money.
Anyone who has gone to police to recover stolen vehicles will tell you their story.

Shame to Nigeria police all the same.

3 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by meforyou1(m): 4:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.
no way. The vehicle was stolen and was reported in a police station in Rivers there. So why should another police station recover it auction it? Meanwhile elenwo and okporo police stations in port harcourt are just about 2 or 3 km from each other.

2 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by meforyou1(m): 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
WrathOfHadez:

Yes police do auction goods , especially confiscated goods or goods gotten from criminal proceeds (proven)

However, auctioning a vehicle recovered from robbers is a different game. And auctioning it within 6 months isn't admissible.

I'm shocked you're turning the burden of recovering the car to the owner when he had reported same to the police in February this year.

Mr, the police in Nigeria is a central unit and command so once you make a report in a police unit, you have reported the matter to the police entirely.

So the police should get the man's car back to him.

And on the side note, I'm sure the car isn't yet auctioned, just another gimmick to extort and fleece the man for more money.
Anyone who has gone to police to recover stolen vehicles will tell you their story.

Shame to Nigeria police all the same.

the 2 police stations are even trekkable from each other

1 Like

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by Princedapace(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
SmartyPants:

Clearly indicates that the police do not have an efficient or effective network. Once a car or other property is recovered by the police anywhere in Nigeria, it should be uploaded on a central system that would inform every single police station throughout Nigeria.

What is so hard about this?

hahahahahaha.. u people keep talking as if no be Naija we dey again.. how some of u get shocked over things here beats my imagination.. do u know why? This is Nigeria and u and I know for sure that naija na cast. The option u gave is not valid because even ur national ID card is hard to come by. U av BVN, TAX ID card, National ID card, voters card, but there is not central system to reconcile all of them. There is no data base to easily get info about anyone in Nigeria.

When we blame police with so much passion, we tend to forget that Naija police is a product of the Nigeria system.
Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by meforyou1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
ashjay001:

If, I were d owner, I would only sue the police force!? I reported d case officially n likely dropped my contact details, so how they came to auction off my vehicle, without my permission, make them come explain!? It wasnt even recovered outside rivers o!

It might take time, but I will get back a better version of this scrap!

My 2cents, too
it' even ludicrous. I know both police stations in port. In the same area. Just about 2 or 3 bus stops away

3 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by omolayomi06: 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
cc; lalasticlala
I know say na them be the armed rubber,,, awon oloribu
Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by asawanathegreat(m): 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
Funny funny news everyday
Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by Tonymario58: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.
Waste of space
I tire for your education

6 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by WrathOfHadez(m): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
meforyou1:
the 2 police stations are even trekkable from each other

That means the dumb fools in black uniforms are only cooking up tall tales to make the man dole out more money.

Reminiscent of criminals I recovered my Dell laptop from because I had it bio-locked and the head thief said to me " I bought this laptop for so-and-so amount just pay me the sum and go with your laptop."

Even if you recovered your stolen car yourself, the Nigeria police will make you pay so much you will end up even hating the car.

2 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by nnokwa042(m): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.
once u see a northerner u must know just like u

5 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by FunkyAlhaji2015: 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.

You know nothing. It is the job of the court to carry out auctions. Police are just thieves

3 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by nattyGENT: 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.
officer no come hide here defend police force, abi you send yourself?

5 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by naijaboiy: 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.
He has an option of going to court to issue an injunction against the auction of his car.
Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by origima: 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.

Am afraid,u deserve a square slap for ur write up.what?

6 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by Halivy(m): 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.
God blessing fall on u. some people don't understand the policing job they would just start criticizing out of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by SmartyPants(m): 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
Princedapace:

hahahahahaha.. u people keep talking as if no be Naija we dey again.. how some of u get shocked over things here beats my imagination.. do u know why? This is Nigeria and u and I know for sure that naija na cast. The option u gave is not valid because even ur national ID card is hard to come by. U av BVN, TAX ID card, National ID card, voters card, but there is not central system to reconcile all of them. There is no data base to easily get info about anyone in Nigeria.

When we blame police with so much passion, we tend to forget that Naija police is a product of the Nigeria system.

I am not blaming the police... its not their job to build the network.

Our duty is to point out things that are not working and make enough noise about it so that instead of it seeming normal to the next generation, they will grow up realizing that things are very wrong here.

If we allow ourselves and the young ones of today to settle into accepting rubbish then we can have very little hope of change. Change begins with refusing to accept the norms, and i refuse to accept that we cannot build simple systems in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by talk2emma: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2017
Buhari police
Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by BUHARIjubrin: 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.

Your two cents smells like poo......you may do better with your 3 cents undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by Ten06(m): 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
According to an online report, a Range Rover owner was shocked to discover that his vehicle which was stolen at gun point earlier this year, has been auctioned after it was recovered by police operatives in Rivers state. Read the full details below;

This Range Rover was stolen from Dennis Banigo at gunpoint in February, 2017 in Port Harcourt. He reported the case at the Elelenwo police station, Port Harcourt. This October, the same car was found parked at a Police station in Okporo. When the owner went to recover his vehicle. He was told by the Police that his stolen vehicle although still parked at the Police station has been auctioned early October, 2017. I wonder when it became police job description to auction stolen Vehicles. let us prevail on the police to return this vehicle to Mr Dennis Banigo.

Please share

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/police-auctions-mans-range-rover-recovered-robbers-rivers-photo.html
What do you mean by let us prevail on the police? What happen to the law court that he cannot sue the police? He should contact a sound lawyer and recover his car without delay.
Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by eaglechild: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.
The owner of the stolen made an official report to the police in the same city. In fact the stations in questions are just few kilometres apart. How can you possibly defend such obvious deliberate corruption on the part of the police.

The very essence of making the report, which for a stolen vehicle is expensive to do, is for the police to contact the owner if the vehicle is recovered.
The person actually pays a fee for the report for that purpose.

It is dumb and inexcusable to auction a vehicle on the premise that the owner did not see an advert. Vehicles are registered, they have chasis and engine numbers and can easily be traced from FRSC or customs.

Your comment is just provocative.

2 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by millomaniac: 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.

Are u ok? Vehicle that has been in the custody of the police for only 8months. Because its a range rover they speedily auctioned it off. If they are honest they should call the buyer refund his money and kindly give the owner his vehicle. What rubbish. That your 2 cents should be converted to 2 slaps angry

2 Likes

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by bendike: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
QuotaSystem:

My two cents.
If the police were sincere they could have contacted the owner through getting is info via his plate number. Commit a crime with your car and see if the law enforcement wont trace you easily.
I assumption is that some officer had interest in the vehicle from day one.

1 Like

Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by awuf2008: 7:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
If it is true, then all those involved in auction must face the full weight of the law. Very strange.
Re: Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered by Nnamdiojukwu: 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2017
eaglechild:

The owner of the stolen made an official report to the police in the same city. In fact the stations in questions are just few kilometres apart. How can you possibly defend such obvious deliberate corruption on the part of the police.

The very essence of making the report, which for a stolen vehicle is expensive to do, is for the police to contact the owner if the vehicle is recovered.
The person actually pays a fee for the report for that purpose.

It is dumb and inexcusable to auction a vehicle on the premise that the owner did not see an advert. Vehicles are registered, they have chasis and engine numbers and can easily be traced from FRSC or customs.

Your comment is just provocative.
The man should petition inspector general,period.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Disgraces A Man Who Refused To Pay For Sex / Reverend Obinna Nwafor Shot In The Stomach, Cheats Death (Graphic Photos) / Cultists Rape Job Seekers In Imo And Took Their Nude Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.