Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) (19252 Views)

NIGERIANS SHOULD BE CAREFUL GOING TO TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTH CYPRUS. (THREAD) / Man Wears 15 Shirts At Airport To Avoid Paying Flight Baggage Charge / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by WaffenSS(m): 12:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
This governor always looks like a rascal.

Bits by bits our leaders are confirming their incompetence by mortaging everything.
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by ifko: 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2017
stinggy:
Useless project, even our Ibadan airport no dey see patronage
Abi oo. let s wait and see how d mumu investors will realize their money back but may be in d next 60yrs shaa. people that can't eat three square meal don't need air port
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by nnokwa042(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnnyvid:
it will take 3 decades for osun state government will pay their debt. so so pathetic situation we find ourselves. baba Awolowo of blessed memory doesn't stockpiled debt to this extent.
osun international airport?so who and who will board plane at osun international airport or yairpot ? Even Finland the land of Nokia don't ve flights going to Africa direct just likes of Norway Denmark Sweden ,why is that our governors are so selfish ?upon all traders in the south east going to Japan Korea China Taiwan Europe naija government only allows Ethiopian air to land in Enugu which trader will take off from osun airport? Waste of money
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by bakynes(m): 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnnyvid:
ogbeni Aregbe keep piling up series of debt to the incoming generation that will resume the duties of leadership. government should be tranquility and transparency. not piling up debt in government.
You need to go back to school oh! To know the meaning of Concession. It is not borrowing, the investor runs or build the airport and collect all the money for the amount of time on the contract. To me I don't see anything wrong in it but Osun doesn't need an Int'l airport rather a domestic one.
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Ttipsy(f): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
for those of you criticizing the project, you are a failure and an enemy of development, infact all states in Nigeria deserves an airport...

its their state, so its their business to build whatever they like as long as it wll generate employment and development..

1 Like

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by TheShopKeeper(m): 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
...this project will continue to be an avenue to inflate budget forever, because the airport will never be completed...what has been done to federal airports in lagos, portharcourt and kano during the transformation agenda of GEJ administration...nothing...
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by bayulll011(m): 1:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnnyvid:
The State Government of Osun on Thursday signed a concession agreement with All Works of Life (AWOL) International Limited for the completion of the MKO Abiola International Airport, Ido-Osun.

among others.

source:http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/10/osun-concessions-mko-international.html

NOW I BELIEVE AFRICA IS TRUELY CURSED WITH BAD LEADERSHIP.

WHAT USE IS THIS GONNO DO TO OSUN PEOPLE.

JUST CREATE ENVIROMENT FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE.

HOW IS THIS NGOING TO HELP THE OSUN POPULACE.

THIS MONEY CAN BE PUT INTO AGRICULTURE AND OSUN CAN BE A HUB FOR YAM,TOMATOES,AND POTATOES RICE ETC.

GOD PLEASE FORGIVE OUR SINS,TAKE ALL THESE LEADERS AWAY FROM US

1 Like

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by zoedew: 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
When a man arrogates to himself the monopoly of know-how he ends up like Aregbesola no matter how well-intentioned he appears. He had his hands in too many pies. He won’t listen to advise for him to consider the benefits in sound project planning. It is hard to see how Osun State dwellers especially the Airport immediate community will take meaningful benefit from the project even after thirty years when its left-over will revert to OSSG. #Pathetic
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Nukilia: 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2017
bayulll011:

NOW I BELIEVE AFRICA IS TRUELY CURSED WITH BAD LEADERSHIP.

WHAT USE IS THIS GONNO DO TO OSUN PEOPLE.

JUST CREATE ENVIROMENT FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE.

HOW IS THIS NGOING TO HELP THE OSUN POPULACE.

THIS MONEY CAN BE PUT INTO AGRICULTURE AND OSUN CAN BE A HUB FOR YAM,TOMATOES,AND POTATOES RICE ETC.

GOD PLEASE FORGIVE OUR SINS,TAKE ALL THESE LEADERS AWAY FROM US

I believe you decided to take sides with the other people who hardly see anything good in what the government is doing. Aregbe might have his shortcomings, but I believe he's taking the right step in the right direction. An international airport is not a big deal, Osun state deserve it and I can assure you that will open up the state to the international community.
I am not an APC apologist nor a PDP propagandist, but whenever I see a party investing in capital project, then they're doing something good for the future.

Osun has been doing their bes in terms of Agriculture, I am sure other neighbouring states like Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo e.t.c will prefer to fly via Osun than travel to Lagos. The project is cost intensive but it is worth it. grin grin grin

Shalom
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Nukilia: 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
zoedew:
When a man arrogates to himself the monopoly of know-how he ends up like Aregbesola no matter how well-intentioned he appears. He had his hands in too many pies. He won’t listen to advise for him to consider the benefits in sound project planning. It is hard to see how Osun State dwellers especially the Airport immediate community will take meaningful benefit from the project even after thirty years when its left-over will revert to OSSG. #Pathetic

I disagree with you completely. grin
Many times we believe criticism of our leaders is the right thing to do, but taking a second look at what the governor is doing he is defying the odds and focusing on something he feels would be beneficial to the people.

I respect men who take hard decisions when things are difficult. Everyone might criticize him today, someday his critics will appreciate what he has done.

An airport in Osun will boost tourism, businesses, agriculture, education e.t,c in the state. Let's see how it all pans out in the end. grin grin grin
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by bayulll011(m): 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nukilia:

I believe you decided to take sides with the other people who hardly see anything good in what the government is doing. Aregbe might have his shortcomings, but I believe he's taking the right step in the right direction. An international airport is not a big deal, Osun state deserve it and I can assure you that will open up the state to the international community.
I am not an APC apologist nor a PDP propagandist, but whenever I see a party investing in capital project, then they're doing something good for the future.

Osun has been doing their bes in terms of Agriculture, I am sure other neighbouring states like Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo e.t.c will prefer to fly via Osun than travel to Lagos. The project is cost intensive but it is worth it. grin grin grin

Shalom

pathetic and load of gibberish coming form archived old mentality.

a fast train that run to lagos and connect other state would av been better.
people will still come to lagos for any international flight.

those airplane will not even go to osun.

waste of money,wast of resourcess and waste of capitals.

if u actually support that project then u deserve what ever leadership NIgerian those unfortunate [people] subject u to
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
bakynes:

You need to go back to school oh! To know the meaning of Concession. It is not borrowing, the investor runs or build the airport and collect all the money for the amount of time on the contract. To me I don't see anything wrong in it but Osun doesn't need an Int'l airport rather a domestic one.

I think osun needs an intl airport. The state is focusing on tourism. Its a good thing.

Its ibadan dt doesnt need an airport. Its about an hour from lagos and once d train is in, it will be like another bus stop. Osun is farther from lagos and closer to kwara, ekiti & oyo hinterlands.

I think intl airports in d SW should be in osun and lagos. They are both closer to everywhere else and it would help d tourism industry in osun state. You have to strategically plan for tourism, it doesnt just happen.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Btruth: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
wasting of tax payers money. what did Osun needs an airport for? The one in Ibadan is not even fully functioning and here we are with another proposed airport about 50km from the one in Ibadan.

complete bull shit.
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
nnokwa042:
osun international airport?so who and who will board plane at osun international airport or yairpot ? Even Finland the land of Nokia don't ve flights going to Africa direct just likes of Norway Denmark Sweden ,why is that our governors are so selfish ?upon all traders in the south east going to Japan Korea China Taiwan Europe naija government only allows Ethiopian air to land in Enugu which trader will take off from osun airport? Waste of money

Lol! But no govt is restricting other airlines from enugu.

You see if u use this energy to question ur enugu governor, instead of pouring ur frustration on a governor dt doesnt concern u, ur life would be so much better.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by zoedew: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nukilia:

I disagree with you completely. grin
Many times we believe criticism of our leaders is the right thing to do, but taking a second look at what the governor is doing he is defying the odds and focusing on something he feels would be beneficial to the people.

I respect men who take hard decisions when things are difficult. Everyone might criticize him today, someday his critics will appreciate what he has done.

An airport in Osun will boost tourism, businesses, agriculture, education e.t,c in the state. Let's see how it all pans out in the end. grin grin grin

My point remains that Gov. Aregbesola would have made meaningful impact as Governor, Osun State but for the fact that he put too much on his plate and was not one to listen to advise to not do so. It just didn’t make sense to embark on so many projects like he did when funding was not in place! The scenario resulting in the “hard decision” was self-inflicted to paint the picture you just bought into! This is not an example of a hard decision taken by a leader in the long-term interest of the people which is presently hard for them to comprehend. Your response missed the point.
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Nukilia: 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
bayulll011:

pathetic and load of gibberish coming form archived old mentality.

a fast train that run to lagos and connect other state would av been better.
people will still come to lagos for any international flight.

those airplane will not even go to osun.

waste of money,wast of resourcess and waste of capitals.

if u actually support that project then u deserve what ever leadership NIgerian those unfortunate [people] subject u to

I support the project grin! The idea of a fast train is good, and I know its also capital intensive. You will agree with me that Amaechi tried working on something like that in PH but was brutally criticized by the people. Let's commend the governor for doing something
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Nukilia: 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
zoedew:

My point remains that Gov. Aregbesola would have made meaningful impact as Governor, Osun State but for the fact that he put too much on his plate and was not one to listen to advise to not do so. It just didn’t make sense to embark on so many projects like he did when funding was not in place! The scenario resulting in the “hard decision” was self-inflicted to paint the picture you just bought into! This is not an example of a hard decision taken by a leader in the long-term interest of the people which is presently hard for them to comprehend. Your response missed the point.

That SELF INFLICTED is what I love to hear. The point is this, the airport will not be used by only him, but by the people in the region.
When you talked about FUNDING, I want to tell you that the federal government also depend on loans to fund some projects.
When visionaries take decisions, low minds find it hard to comprehend. We are part of a society who align with cups of rice and sharing of chicken.
Let's support real infrastructure and not stomach infrastructure alone.

1 Like

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Nukilia: 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
bakynes:

Aregbe is smart! A domestic airport like that of Akure and Ibadan has proven that less activity will be done in Osun if they fall for the bait of a domestic airport.

1 Like

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by zoedew: 4:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nukilia:

That SELF INFLICTED is what I love to hear. The point is this, the airport will not be used by only him, but by the people in the region.
When you talked about FUNDING, I want to tell you that the federal government also depend on loans to fund some projects.
When visionaries take decisions, low minds find it hard to comprehend. We are part of a society who align with cups of rice and sharing of chicken.
Let's support real infrastructure and not stomach infrastructure alone.

I’m not into stomach infrastructure but stressing the importance of Teaming and proper planning in the execution of public projects. Not in doubt is the strategic location of the airport and the gains it would bring the region. An objective audit of the public projects execution profile of Gov. Aregbesola administration will reveal shoddy and haphazard patterns at much greater than envisaged cost to the public.
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by bakynes(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nukilia:

Aregbe is smart! A domestic airport like that of Akure and Ibadan has proven that less activity will be done in Osun if they fall for the bait of a domestic airport.
You right Osun is a tourist destination and if they can improve more on that, they can get lots of flights landing at that airport weekly.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by plankyjacky(m): 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
APC and LIE again.....Where is the airport that is being concession in Osun State.
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by nnokwa042(m): 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
janellemonae:

Lol! But no govt is restricting other airlines from enugu.

You see if u use this energy to question ur enugu governor, instead of pouring ur frustration on a governor dt doesnt concern u, ur life would be so much better.
ur funny, that Ethiopian airline is even landing at Enugu is cus of Jonathan and Stella odua,it takes babangida a month to move capital from Lagos to abuja ,if government decided that no international airline will land at Lagos they will do it ,and if government think Lagos is so congested for ships they can open calabar or PH port I think u know that?so don't pretend like u don't know without government approval no international airline will land at any airport in Nigeria,that's the power north re using over us southerners
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by bayulll011(m): 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nukilia:

I support the project grin! The idea of a fast train is good, and I know its also capital intensive. You will agree with me that Amaechi tried working on something like that in PH but was brutally criticized by the people. Let's commend the governor for doing something

i will never commend an elephant project all in the name to swindle citizen.,

that money is enough to construct fast train between lagos and osu,all he needs is just 1b from lagos.

lagos will give,bad leadership,bad people,uselesss citizen docile people.smh
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Nukilia: 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2017
zoedew:

I’m not into stomach infrastructure but stressing the importance of Teaming and proper planning in the execution of public projects. Not in doubt is the strategic location of the airport and the gains it would bring the region. An objective audit of the public projects execution profile of Gov. Aregbesola administration will reveal shoddy and haphazard patterns at much greater than envisaged cost to the public.

When you talk about objective audit you might be right to an extent, but you have to look at it from the point of changes in cost due to inflation.
The public will definitely be a beneficiary of such projects in the long run.

Aregbesola has proven that some of these capital intensive projects are all possible and it doesn't require a politician playing the role of a saviour to get the job done. Since government is a continuum, the next governor should assess the level of work done, and objectively chart a great course for the state.

Or what do you think?
Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Nukilia: 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2017
bayulll011:

i will never commend an elephant project all in the name to swindle citizen.,

that money is enough to construct fast train between lagos and osu,all he needs is just 1b from lagos. Lagos will give,bad leadership,bad people,uselesss citizen docile people.smh

grin grin grin
Guy na wa for you ooo. Don't cry more than the bereaved. I get your logic... You just don't think like the airport should go on. FAST TRAIN cheesy grin grin LMAO there is a train plying that route already, they can buy new coaches. This project is commendable. When you become the governor of Osun, fix the high speed train project. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by ofwest47(m): 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
haters and wailers take it or leave it Ogbeni Aregbeshola is building for the future, see the legacies he is leaving for the Oshuns here there and yonder.

1 Like

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
the south west now has more international airports than its south eastern part. . .apart from enugu international airport which I doubt if its international self, the imo airport is just cargo airport for mouth. . umuahia no airport. .abakiliki no way. .then Almighty anambra state no way. . well luxurious bus owners will not allow both rail and air transport to come to the south east. . ,well I pity them all. .up south west people jare!

www.valentine202.com

2 Likes

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by zoedew: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2017
Nukilia:

When you talk about objective audit you might be right to an extent, but you have to look at it from the point of changes in cost due to inflation.
The public will definitely be a beneficiary of such projects in the long run.

Aregbesola has proven that some of these capital intensive projects are all possible and it doesn't require a politician playing the role of a saviour to get the job done. Since government is a continuum, the next governor should assess the level of work done, and objectively chart a great course for the state.

Or what do you think?

I do agree.

1 Like

Re: Osun Concessions MKO International Airport To Turkish Firm (photos) by Alkanoicacid(m): 10:50am On Oct 31, 2017
GavelSlam:

But that Nnamdi Kanu's oyinbo is from Turkey or that one doesn't count?

No mind the Werey.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Destinations For Your First International Trip / Vehicular Movement Will Be Restrict In Agege Area By January 4 (details) / Flight Delays: Mary Njoku Cries Out To Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.