Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,433 members, 7,843,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Your Child Mustn't Necessarily Step In Your Shoes! Or Work In Your Footsteps! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Child Mustn't Necessarily Step In Your Shoes! Or Work In Your Footsteps! (343 Views)

Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Folake Adebola, Muslim Who Wore Hijab To Work In US Sent Home / Best Banks To Work In Nigeria: List Of Highest Paying Banks - FinancialWatchNgr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Child Mustn't Necessarily Step In Your Shoes! Or Work In Your Footsteps! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
Let me tell you about one major thing that kills talents and shatters dreams.
You see most of us fail to realize that no two persons are the same, the potentials, talents, skills, dreams and ambitions of every person differs. But we don't take that into cognizance when we compare people and most parents are guilty of this.

I have this friend who dropped out of the university. While growing up, his dad always told him that he must become a doctor, just like himself (the father) but my friend was never good in sciences nor maths, he had no desire whatsoever to be a doctor, he always wanted to be a footballer, he was so good on the pitch.
But his father always reprimanded him and showed him no support. He got admitted to study medicine in the university but when he could not deal with the excess carryovers any longer, he dropped out and took to armed robbery. He eventually got arrested and is currently serving time in jail.
Ask me who ruined this young and I'll blame his father. He shattered the dreams of his son who had such promising talent.
Your child mustn't necessarily step in your shoes! Or work in your footsteps!
Stop shaming John for not being good at maths like Peter, John's talent may lie in singing or writing or arts!
As a parent, find that child's talent, encourage him/her in developing that talent into fruition.
Albert Einstein would say, "Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
And to you, keep chasing your dreams! Don't be deterred! Find out that which sparks your creativity!
You're a flower that holds so much potential!
The world is waiting for you to Blossom!

Mitch Ihejirika

source-https://naijastoryz..com.ng/2017/10/your-child-mustnt-necessarily-step-in.html
Re: Your Child Mustn't Necessarily Step In Your Shoes! Or Work In Your Footsteps! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
1forall,, CrazyMan),lalasticlala,seun

(1) (Reply)

The Digital Marketing And Social Media Essentials Training Program / My Career, Regrets And Victories / Meet Other Nigerian Professionals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.