Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,529 members, 7,837,022 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

25-year-old Female Celeb Almost Blinded By Allergic Reaction To Halloween Makeup - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 25-year-old Female Celeb Almost Blinded By Allergic Reaction To Halloween Makeup (786 Views)

Which Female Celeb Won The Merrymen Agbada Challenge? / Is This The Most Stunning Female Celeb At Banky's Wedding? See Inside(photos) / Funke Akindele Becomes Nigeria's Most Followed Female Celeb On Instagram With 4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

25-year-old Female Celeb Almost Blinded By Allergic Reaction To Halloween Makeup by theLegion(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
An allergic reaction to Halloween make-up left a 25-year-old woman with permanently damaged eyesight.

Emmajane Duffy, 25, dressed up as a clown for just one night but within hours, the customer relations adviser from Blantyre, Glasgow, began to experience irritation, which worsened to become an excruciating pain.

She recalls: “It felt like a piece of glass was in my eye - I was in terrible pain. I did an eye bath to clean them out, but it didn’t help.

“Minutes later, the sensation worsened. It felt like I had razor blades cutting across my eye-ball. It was the most horrendous scratching pain.”

Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/25-year-old-woman-almost-blinded-by-allergic-reaction-to-halloween-make-up/

Despite having carefully cleaned off the make-up, she was unable to open her eyes the next morning and was forced to use Siri on her phone to call her boyfriend, Steven Stewart, 27.

"I couldn’t see a thing so Steven had to dress me and give me sunglasses to wear to protect my eyes from the light.

"As we drove to the hospital, I was terrified I would never see again.’

Doctors at the hospital told her she had superficial scratches all over her corneas and was lucky not to have gone blind.

Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/25-year-old-woman-almost-blinded-by-allergic-reaction-to-halloween-make-up/

It took four days before Emmajane was able to open her eyes.

After visiting her opticians, she said: “The optician told me that my eyes were badly damaged and really sensitive to light.

“He could still see gold glitter at the back of my eyes."

A week later she started wearing her new glasses, but still suffered from hazy vision and sensitivity to light.

She said: “It was the worst experience of my life. Halloween became my own personal horror story that nearly left me blind.

“I definitely won’t be dressing up again in a hurry.”

The 25-year-old is warning others to take care when wearing cheap products and also issuing a warning to fellow Halloween revellers after her nightmare experience on October 29 last year.

She now rely on glasses because of the damage done to her eye,

‘I’m just glad I didn’t lose my sight,’ she said.

Re: 25-year-old Female Celeb Almost Blinded By Allergic Reaction To Halloween Makeup by theLegion(m): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2017
Someone even fainted because of same thing

(1) (Reply)

Sony Music Congratulates Wizkid On His MOBO Award Win / Girlfriend Caught Trying To Kill Ex-lovers Children, Stripped Naked (photos/vide / Ex-mbgn Miss Tourism, Powede Awujo Welcomes New Born Baby 4 Months Into Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.