Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt (1874 Views)

Please I Need Help Concerning My Hyundai. / Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 / I Need Advice On Honda Crosstour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by Lajet: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
Please I need help . I brought Drive Belt for my Honda Crosstour today when the mechanic guy was fixing it the Drive Belt spoiled because the Drive Belt is not long to match it . can somebody tell me Drive Belt number i should buy because this number don't work on it 6PK2150 the Drive Belt spoiled on the road yesterday night . the car can't no longer reverse back again only front that i can go so i have to parked my car on the road and where they are selling the drive belt is very far from where the Car spoiled i told the seller of the drive belt to give me Honda Crosstour own he gave me another thing that is short. i want to know the correct number that will match it because i don't want to go back the place the are selling the drive belt 2 times tomorrow the place is very far

Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by mayor2013: 6:53pm On Oct 31, 2017
Can you snap pix of your engine bay. I would prefer a closer pix of your generator
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by Lajet: 6:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
mayor2013:
Can you snap pix of your engine bay. I would prefer a closer pix of your generator

Which generator is that i don't understand you
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by timifakay(m): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
Lajet:

Which generator is that i don't understand you

I'm suspecting the engine of your car is the V6 type which should be a J35. It requires a 6PK2135 belt, there the belt in the above picture is long enough.
Now it's either the tensioners are stiff of the belt was wrongly installed. Attached is an image to help out.
Confirm if your accessories are just as in the image.
Source:
https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-diy-faq-161/diy-%96-serpentine-drive-belt-pulleys-check-replace-894361/#PhotoSwipe1509483239933

Note the link is for Acura which uses same J35 engine.

Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by Lajet: 1:39am On Nov 01, 2017
timifakay:

I'm suspecting the engine of your car is the V6 type which should be a J35. It requires a 6PK2135 belt, there the belt in the above picture is long enough.
Now it's either the tensioners are stiff of the belt was wrongly installed. Attached is an image to help out.
Confirm if your accessories are just as in the image.
Source:
https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-rdx-diy-faq-161/diy-%96-serpentine-drive-belt-pulleys-check-replace-894361/#PhotoSwipe1509483239933

Note the link is for Acura which uses same J35 engine.

6PK2135 is not lower than the one I brought which is 6PK2150
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by timifakay(m): 6:18am On Nov 01, 2017
Lajet:

Okay sir.
To the best of my knowledge
6PK2135 = 6 ribs * 2135mm circumference
6PK2150 = 6 ribs * 2150mm circumference.
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by adanny01(m): 6:29am On Nov 01, 2017
Lajet:

If a belt cuts in one day, something else is wrong. Over heating and oil are the ones that cause most early failures but yours sounds like a mechanical failure. Most likely it is a bad crank pulley or power stearing pulley. It could be something else touching the belt. It also could be wrong routing.

If 6PK2135 is the spec number, i expect the mechanic to have a little difficulty in putting it.

What they usually do is buy a larger one such as the 6PK2150 they gave you that would not stress them but will not last long.

When you buy a new one, pls buy a spare. This thing can stop you anywhere though hardly ever if pulleys are ok.
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by Lajet: 9:01am On Nov 01, 2017
adanny01:

If a belt cuts in one day, something else is wrong. Over heating and oil are the ones that cause most early failures but yours sounds like a mechanical failure. Most likely it is a bad crank pulley or power stearing pulley. It could be something else touching the belt. It also could be wrong routing.

If 6PK2135 is the spec number, i expect the mechanic to have a little difficulty in putting it.

What they usually do is buy a larger one such as the 6PK2150 they gave you that would not stress them but will not last long.

When you buy a new one, pls buy a spare. This thing can stop you anywhere though hardly ever if pulleys are ok.

Thanks the belt have been making noise for the past 2 month almost half of it have spoiled so that day all the belt cult into pieces. The one I brought is 6PK2150 the belt is short I thought 150 suppose to be more higher than 135. Is not the way the check it.
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by Lajet: 9:08am On Nov 01, 2017
adanny01:

Thanks I am the one that caused it because I knew that the belt have been tearing and it been making noise for the past 2 months I have been planing to change it before the belt spoiled finally.
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by Lajet: 9:12am On Nov 01, 2017
timifakay:

Okay sir.
To the best of my knowledge
6PK2135 = 6 ribs * 2135mm circumference
6PK2150 = 6 ribs * 2150mm circumference.

Thanks so 6PK2135 is more long than 6PK2150 because the one I brought is short . I thought 150 suppose to be higher than 135 . Is it not the way the check it
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by timifakay(m): 10:28am On Nov 01, 2017
Lajet:

Thanks so 6PK2135 is more long than 6PK2150 because the one I brought is short . I thought 150 suppose to be higher than 135 . Is it not the way the check it

6PK2150 is longer.
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by Lajet: 11:36am On Nov 01, 2017
timifakay:

6PK2150 is longer.

6PK2150 is the one that I brought that is short it don't match it
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by woodrow(m): 11:55am On Nov 01, 2017
Lajet:

6PK2150 is the one that I brought that is short it don't match it
The 6pk 2150 pix you uploaded is not original,it was not labelled properly.seek out original contitech belt or any other oem drive belts.the one you bought at 1st is fake that's why it doesn't fit.
Re: I Need Help Concerning Honda Crosstour Drive Belt by Lajet: 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2017
woodrow:

The 6pk 2150 pix you uploaded is not original,it was not labelled properly.seek out original contitech belt or any other oem drive belts.the one you bought at 1st is fake that's why it doesn't fit.

Ok thanks i will go there by tomorrow and look for original one

(1) (Reply)

5 Causes Of Steering Wheel Hard To Turn / Fuel Pump Scam: How To Prevent Attendants From Cheating You / What Car Can 3million Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.