Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? (12756 Views)

Herbert Wigwe Surviving Children Show Strength At Funeral For Parents (photo) / I Cant Believe I Am Surviving With POS / Tesla Coming To Nigeria, The End Of Electricity Problem, Welcome Elon Musk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by ceragon123: 9:08am On Nov 01, 2017
This is my second week of opening a bet shop in Nasarawa state and am already regretting because of the amount I spend on fuel and data. How long will I continue to lose money in a business I thought will bring something to my table?
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 01, 2017
ceragon123:
This is my second week of opening a bet shop in Nasarawa state and am already regretting because of the amount I spend on fuel and data. How long will I continue to lose money in a business I thought will bring something to my table?
same with me and my betting shop. What company are you on?
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by netbizFerdinand: 9:54am On Nov 01, 2017
The best bet is to go solar visit us at www.livelifesolarenergy.com
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by ceragon123: 10:07am On Nov 01, 2017
CHESTER48:
same with me and my betting shop. What company are you on?

Bet9ja. It is hell trying to be in business without electricity. Simple
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Ogbeide85(m): 11:36am On Nov 01, 2017
Light issue in Nigeria is a nightmare. It has gone to point of me packing out of this country to neighborhood country. The situation is even worst during pmb Era compare to gej. May God help Nigerians
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by mechanics(m): 12:29pm On Nov 01, 2017
The your electricity distribution company are not doing well at all, light has improved well in my area, atleast better than before.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 01, 2017
ceragon123:

i was thinking it was only the company im on surebet
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by dataking: 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
Nigerian leaders have failed us.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2017
ceragon123:

please give me your number let's chat I want to know some things about bet9ja
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kayzat: 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2017
CHESTER48:
i was thinking it was only the company im on surebet

So you think bet9ja agents are not feeling the light issue ? we are all in it.

I am a bet9ja agent and truthfully which I have used my money on something less dependent on electricity or I can afford solar .
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2017
kayzat:

So you think bet9ja agents are not feeling the light issue ? we are all in it.

I am a bet9ja agent and truthfully which I have used my money on something less dependent o electricity or I can yafford solar .
I heard if there is winning in bet9ja it won't affect the agent?
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kayzat: 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2017
CHESTER48:
I heard if there is winning in bet9ja it won't affect the agent?

Yes because they get their commission based on stake but if you're not getting enough customers you commission will be nothing to write home about.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2017
kayzat:

Yes because they get their commission based on stake but if you're not getting enough customers you commission will be nothing to write home about.
so do you really make it. If you any for electricity buy data, and pay your workers?
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kayzat: 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2017
CHESTER48:
so do you really make it. If you any for electricity buy data, and pay your workers?

it's not bn easy at all. I have been managing and been very very frugal . When there is no customer you off the gen , I don't spend much on data unlike when I first started because I have bn able to reduce my systems data consumption rate.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 01, 2017
kayzat:

it's not bn easy at all. I have been managing and been very very frugal . When there is no customer you off the gen , I don't spend much on data unlike when I first started because I have bn able to reduce my systems data consumption rate.
but if you have a better option of making money will you abandon this business?
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kayzat: 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
CHESTER48:

You're still asking me I'm even still considering leaving the business already.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by All4good: 7:01am On Nov 02, 2017
CHESTER48:
, @kayzat, @ceragon123
I feel your pain because am also involved. I own and run a bet shop.
I appreciate the honest contribution most people have given here, I will add a few and also some correction.
Regrettably Solar may not be a viable solution because of the level of power consumption required in your shop. But if you are thinking of only powering a laptop and 1 thermal printer then maybe you can consider Solar power with minimum cost of N500k for Batteries, Inverter and Panels.
However the simple solution I always offer people in this situation is to do whatever it takes to increase customers entering your shop. Secondly a bet shop has equipment ready for many other types of businesses so why restrict yourself to betting only?
I render financial services which is not affected by power since I only use my phone and a power bank for backup power. The financial service draws more customers to my shop some of which are converted to my bet shop while the commissions from the financial services I render the public helps we pay salaries and take care of other shop bills.
You can get in touch for more details but here is a link to a thread where I already gave details of the business.

www.nairaland.com/4140107/start-very-lucrative-business-n15k

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Welcomme: 8:08am On Nov 02, 2017
ceragon123:

Mehn I am also planning on opening a bet9ja shop but I am afraid cuz of light issues coupled with the fact that we have bet9ja shops in my area... What advice would u give to me?
Wallahi I am tired. I finished serving, no work, nothing nothing. Just confused with this life.

Cc Chester48
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 02, 2017
Welcomme:
Mehn I am also planning on opening a bet9ja shop but I am afraid cuz of light issues coupled with the fact that we have bet9ja shops in my area... What advice would u give to me?
Wallahi I am tired. I finished serving, no work, nothing nothing. Just confused with this life.

Cc Chester48
Look for another business that wont require you using too much electricity.I know there is no work thats why im already struggling to make it before i graduate.i have 3 shops. im using all of them for business but none has ever drained more than this betting.my advice is,if you can get a bus or small truck,go into distribution of drinks on crates.im running that business on my second shop.i dont use light at all.i dont sell freezed drink.i pack the crates and sell them to retailers.run away from betting. bet9ja is on stake,you have to be able to sell upto 500k a month to get 100k.then minus your paper role.paper role a carton costs,14 0r 16k. fuel will cost about 25 or 30k.then you pay your workers let us assume 10k.you buy data and subscribe. data about 10k a month.at the end they pay you peanuts.Note all this is on the highb side.cause for you to sell upto 500k means more fuel.more fuel means more paper role is burning.more paper role means more data.and to sell 500k you must have massive customers,and more customers more sales workers..Also note that you are goping to buy printer to print fixtures too.and you buy papers.calculate all of them be careful

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 02, 2017
kayzat:

You're still asking me I'm even still considering leaving the business already.
cry cryThat business is nonsense.
I am making money for yhe comapny can you imagine.I will be the one to rent a shop,Fuel my Gen,BUY data,Pay electricity,Buy laptops,employ workers,buy paper roll.buy bigger printer to print matches..And after they will take 65% and give me 35%..thunder fire all of them..they said private will use u and pay you peanuts i thought it was a lie until i joined this people
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by McTobe(m): 11:34am On Nov 02, 2017
kay29000:

Study this thread. Everything you need to know about the business is there https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon
Thank U I am grateful
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
DROPSHIPPING AND ONLINE DELIVERY OF RENEWABLE ENERGY MATERIALS

MICROTECH INVERTER
1.1KVA,12V 50,000
1.6KVA/24V 75,000
3.6KVA/48V 170,000
5.5KVA/48V 340,000

MUST POWER STAR INVERTER

4kva 3000W 24V 220,000
4kva 3000W 48V 260,000
5kva 4000W 48V 350,000
6kva 5000W 48V 400,000
7.5kva 6000W 48V 450,000

HYBRID INVERTER
1KVA/12(30A 55,000
2KVA/24V50A 97,000
5KVA /48V 60A MPPT 300,000
7.5KVA /48V 60A MPPT 400,000
10KVA /48V 100A MPPT 750,000
15KVA /48V 120A MPPT 1,400,,000

BATTERY

ELSON BATTERY
ELSON BATTERY 12V/200AH 115,000

GLT BATTERY
GLT BATTERY 12V/100AH 45,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/150AH 65,000
GLT BATTERY 12V/200AH 90,000

ZEEDIX BATTERY
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/100AH 45,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/150AH 70,000
ZEEDIX BATTERY 12V/200AH 90,000

QUANTA BATTERY
QUANTA BATTERY 12V/100AH 70,000
QUANTA BATTERY 12V/150AH 98,000
QUANTA BATTERY 12V/200AH 135,000

BATTERY RACK
BATTERY RACK 2 BATTERY 15,000
BATTERY RACK 4 BATTERIES 30,000
BATTERY RACK 8 BATTERIES 50,000

CHARGE CONTROLLER ROY SOLAR SERIES
20A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER 20,000
30A 12/24V PWM CONTROLLER 25,000
40A 48v PWM controller (LED) 50,000
30A 96v PWM controller (LCD) 120,000
60A 48v PWM controller (LCD) 95,000

FANGUNPSUN MPPT SERIES
30A 24V 50,000
60A 48v 150,000
70A 48v 170,000
80A 48v 180,000

JOY SOLAR PANEL
150w M-30,000
200w M-34,000
260w M-45,000
320w M-55,000

CANADIAN SOLAR PANEL

MONO-
290w. 65,000
330w. 75,000

POLY
270w. 45,000
2750w. 59,000

Bright Solar Power

Call-07058562938

WHATSSAP 08187995847

FOR PURCHASE/ DELIVERY NATIONWIDE
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Youngzedd(m): 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
Abeyjide:
There is constant power supply in my area. Minimum of 23hrs light. Don't even know the source because i finding it hard to believe am still in nigeria.

You must be living in the north.
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by zeestone99(m): 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2017
drestoneokuta:
That is why I look at people shouting "entrepreneur is the way". OP after my masters I obtained a loan to start frozen food business, luckily for me I have a shop, freezers and diesel generator. Sales was so low, it was as if people no longer eat in Nigeria, plus the epileptic power supply affected the market, when the product gets soft people won't want to buy it, and they also don't buy in bulk because of light issues too. The cost of fueling generator just to ice and maintain the temperature of the product to required standard is outrageous (10k in 3 days). I ran at a loss every single day I opened the shop, till I eventually closed down the project, now I am in serious debt with the facilitators on my neck.

I tried poultry and catfish business, that was is even worse, everyday price of feeds was always going up, same story.
All this happened between January-July, just went back to my cupboard, dusted my certificate and joined the pool of "I beg to apply". God help us in this country.

I feel ur pain, mayb u shud start smal, to learn the tricks b4 goin large

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by sammorad(m): 6:02am On Dec 12, 2017
drestoneokuta:
That is why I look at people shouting "entrepreneur is the way". OP after my masters I obtained a loan to start frozen food business, luckily for me I have a shop, freezers and diesel generator. Sales was so low, it was as if people no longer eat in Nigeria, plus the epileptic power supply affected the market, when the product gets soft people won't want to buy it, and they also don't buy in bulk because of light issues too. The cost of fueling generator just to ice and maintain the temperature of the product to required standard is outrageous (10k in 3 days). I ran at a loss every single day I opened the shop, till I eventually closed down the project, now I am in serious debt with the facilitators on my neck.

I tried poultry and catfish business, that was is even worse, everyday price of feeds was always going up, same story.
All this happened between January-July, just went back to my cupboard, dusted my certificate and joined the pool of "I beg to apply". God help us in this country.

Hi Drestoneokuta,

Just reading your post, and I can say i feel for you, every business has its own challenge and its always better you learn the integrity of the business from scratch, if you are still interested in poultry-- broiler or layer farming , I can help work with you from beginning to end.

The fact that you have gone for a paying job does not mean you should quite your dreams

My consulting will be free and I tell you no string attached.

you can reach me on whatsapp --07035169094

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 23, 2017
Hmmm. Anyway. I've ventured into more money yielding business. Atleast. I make upto 100k now in a week.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Epique: 10:41am On Apr 15, 2018
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kellsnazzy(m): 8:59am On Jun 02, 2018
kenny1795:
do you know ikonne street
Yes
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by haon: 10:48am On Jun 02, 2018
CHESTER48:
Hmmm. Anyway. I've ventured into more money yielding business. Atleast. I make upto 100k now in a week.

can u pls throw more light on the business?
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by kellsnazzy(m): 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2018
Yes
Re: How Are You Surviving In Your Business With Electricity Problem? by Raymagnate(m): 9:39am On Jul 12, 2019
Nigeria with a population of over 200 million people sell electricity to other neighbouring African countries, but cannot gives its citizens steady electricity supply. In this video we check out the challenges, the problems and the probable solutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87wFFXKCys4&t=42s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Tops Losers' Chart In Nigerian Stock Exchange / KAI Destroys Computer Village Shops / General Electric To Invest $150 Million In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.