Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,093 members, 7,852,697 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:00 AM

Thread For Those Complaining About What Makes Front Page - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Thread For Those Complaining About What Makes Front Page (381 Views)

For Those Complaining Of Pos Charges... / If You Are Earning This Amount And Above, Pls Stop Complaining. / Stop Complaining About Government (mini Cocoa Powder Export) Start With N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Those Complaining About What Makes Front Page by Sakie: 10:09am On Nov 01, 2017
DISCLAIMER

This write up is totally the opinion of the writer and what the writer feels.It is not in any way a paid advert or targeted at gaining favours.Feel freee to read and drop your comments.... Thanks

Straight to the point....I have been on this forum since 2013 and so far I have learned a lot of things and still learning.I come across plenty comments partaining what makes front page on this forum which makes me wonder;are these people for real?comments like
And this made front page
Nairaland has gone to the dogs
Please give us nairaland of 2009 or the old nairaland
Nairaland is now boring..and many more I can't type

Now let's anylise things our selves....I know everyone is entitled to his or her opinion but come to think of it,naira land forum just as the name implies, is a forum with different sections such as politics, entertainment, crime,romance and many others we all know.Its not a news website that's solely aimed at spreading news nor a blog with little or concentrated content.
The world is changing so are the trends and happenings around us.If the owner of this forum and his appointed moderators should continue giving us the nairaland of 2009 according to some persons,will he still be able to drive traffic; which is essential to the existence of the forum.
I know this is a faceless forum and the internet has made it easy for people to bash and insult one another but,let's strive to reduce the level of negative comments and criticism especially on the front page.Those moderators some persons claim are dogs are people's husbands, wives,relations etc...Now let's put ourselves in their shoes and imagine how it feels to be called dogs..
Again,this is someone's business (if not his livelihood) and some persons are criticizing it.I'm not saying criticism is bad,but only constructive criticism can bring about positive change.Criticizing and condemning this forum can be said to be the same as spoiling one's busness physically. Let's try to reduce the criticisms and if at all,let them be constructive enough so as to bring about positive change.
Another thing to bear in mind is;if the owner of this forum ( Seun) feels his moderators are not doing their job well,he knows how best to deal with them.So let's try to refrain from bashing them.We know,not all posts and threads are front page worthy but any topic you see on front must have been screened by the moderator in charge and deemed front page worthy,so please let's stop telling them what to do.
If seun were to have the same nairaland of 2009,the same people will complain of the forum being old fashoined and backward.
If seun were to make us all moderator,believe me you,the front page will be nothing to write home about.Every member will feel his or her post is front page worthy.
I know some persons will not read it to the end but for those that will read,feel free to drop your comments and the kind of post you will like to see on front page.
Thanks

Hate the message not the messenger
Re: Thread For Those Complaining About What Makes Front Page by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 01, 2017
You make loads of sense with this write up....

But some topics aren't still worth being on front-page, they can still remain on the forum but not on the front page.

But anyways, it's a one man business, not a PLC, so members got no choice.

Long live Nairaland.
Re: Thread For Those Complaining About What Makes Front Page by EmperorHarry: 10:26am On Nov 01, 2017
Posts that would educate Nigerians, that'll make them think and question things going on around them,improve their lives significantly
Posts like that wouldn't make it to fp cos it will reduce the number of nairaland users thus reducing the income of the owner so it's never gonna happen grin
Just my opinion tho
Re: Thread For Those Complaining About What Makes Front Page by Sakie: 10:34am On Nov 01, 2017
modelmike7:
You make loads of sense with this write up....

But some topics aren't still worth being on front-page, they can still remain on the forum but not on the front page.

But anyways, it's a one man business, not a PLC, so members got no choice.

Long live Nairaland.
Thanks bro
Re: Thread For Those Complaining About What Makes Front Page by Sakie: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2017
EmperorHarry:
Posts that would educate Nigerians, that'll make them think and question things going on around them,improve their lives significantly
Posts like that wouldn't make it to fp cos it will reduce the number of nairaland users thus reducing the income of the owner so it's never gonna happen grin
Just my opinion tho
I don't really think so..maybe such posts are not deemed front page worthy due to grammer or how they are constructed.
Thanks anyway....I wish people will drop more opinions

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest 6 Officers Over Alleged Murder Of Kidnappers / I Need 10,000 Old Layers Birds To Buy Cash And Carry Now / Nothing But Joy...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.