Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

7 Profitable Business Opportunities In Nigeria That You Probably Don’t Know! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 7 Profitable Business Opportunities In Nigeria That You Probably Don’t Know! (688 Views)

Godwin Emefiele: 13 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About CBN Governor / 3 Money-spinning Business Opportunities Overlooked By Many Nigerians / 5 Real Online Business Opportunities You Can Start With 5000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Profitable Business Opportunities In Nigeria That You Probably Don’t Know! by Knight0777(m): 12:05pm On Nov 01, 2017
That profitable business opportunities abound in Nigeria is no longer news. Nigeria is a multi-diverse country both in term of ethnicity, cultural settings, exposure and level of education. This diversity is strength as it presented vast unique business ideas to anyone who has entrepreneurial spirit. However, if my years as a business consultant cum entrepreneur have taught me anything; it is the fact that, people from this part of the world don’t easily share what is working for them especially when it comes to business. You might think ‘oops! That’s not cool’ but the fact is if you live in a country with the largest population in Africa, you might as well think twice before sharing your viable business opportunities and trade secret with anyone.
http://www.businessideasinnigeria.com/profitable-business-opportunities/
This article will expose you to 7 profitable business opportunities in Nigeria that you probably don’t know about and how they can fetch you tons of cash.
NGO Support Services Business
This is one of the cool profitable business opportunities that you probably don’t know about. With the Nigeria’s population of over 168.8 million, there are definitely a lot of things that government cannot provide and this is where non-government organizations and community based organization comes in as their aim is to bridge the gap or vacuum created by the government’s inability to provide some certain services. They provide wide range of services ranging from humanitarians to developmental among others. How is this a business opportunity? That’s a good question! Let’s do some brain storming.
How many NGO’s do we have in Nigeria? Did you say thousands? Probably but the figure is quite astonishing. Do they all get funding? That’s definitely a NO because some of them are not setup the proper way, most of them are not even aware of the grants announcement while some find it hard raising funds locally. This is where the business opportunity lies. If you know how to conduct SWOT analysis for NGOs, write grant proposals, get grants from foreign donors or you know how to locally mobilize fund then you are into business. A lot of these NGO’s are just floating around with fair cash in the hands of their coordinators to spare to anyone who can fix those issues I just mentioned. If you ask how I know all of this, I will simply tell you to go through our consulting service list at Dovespring Consulting.
Independent TV / Radio Presenters
Great and interesting radio and television’s shows seemed so rare these days. And I must tell you that is a sound profitable business opportunities that you have out there. With the number of private radio and television stations increasing, there is high increase in the business opportunities you can find in independent being an independent TV or radio presenter. These new private TV/Radio stations, aside from seeking to earn their rightful place in the media industry, need inflow of cash to cover their operating cost and they can only do that through adverts, publicity etc. This can only happen if the stations have interesting programs that are valuable to the audience. Approach the TV/Radio station of your choice with a sound and value adding program proposal and you will be surprise at a deal you will land.
Herbs Dealing Business
You definitely have head a lot about how viable herbs dealing business is especially in Africa. People deals in various spices, dried herbs etc. and make millions of Naira. But what I am about to share with you is different. It is something more unique because of the SPIRITUALITY involved and will be fetching you more that you ever dreamed of. In Nigeria, majority of people have need for one herbs or the other in order to make magical hex, good fortune rituals or spiritual fortifications. Most of these herbs are common herbs that you grow all around but it requires trained eyes to see them and at least a little knowledge of magical cum spiritual use for each of these herbs. Now, the real juice of this business is that, you can sell it at insanely high price and no one will question you because of the sentimental views and also because there’s no, at least not yet, any regulatory authority in this field. One very interesting facts about this is that Sherman, voodooist and priest all around the world use these herbs at one stage or the other in their practice so it has high export potentials. I know a lot of people who have built quite a fortune from this business.
Micro Credit Agency Business
There are lots of profitable business opportunities in the Nigeria financial sector which could make you a million within months but the major barrier here is the legal requirements for the entry into this ever buoyant industry. But there is a way around this barrier and you can begin your investment right away. How can you do this? You can register as a community based organization, indicating micro credit as your service area. Then, when you set it up, you can lend micro credits to the small business owners around at a moderately low interest. Don’t worry. Your fund will be secure once you demand for civil servants at guarantors from the loan applicant. I can tell you expressly here that this business is so lucrative. Aside from helping the local business owners grow their business, you are also growing the country’s economy by empowering people. You will amaze at the ROI on this investment.
Local Search Service Business
If you live currently in Nigeria especially in big cities like Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, you would have discovered that getting quality services of skilled and reliable workers e.g. plumbers, electricians, carpenters, painters etc. requires thorough search and to be candid, not everyone has the luxury of time to do that. That’s your nice market. All you need is firstly do a conduct a market survey and compile a register of qualify workmen in various fields as mentioned earlier, as well as their service charge and your commission inclusive of course. After this important task is being done correctly, then you can go ahead and advertise in the local media or through leaflets about supplying house-holds with reliable workmen in any areas they might be needed. If you think local media publicity will be expensive, you can resolve into e-marketing making use of social medias like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp etc. These advertisement channels are even cheaper and if you know what you are doing, I can bet it will pay you even more than the local media. We have helped coach a lot of people on e-marketing and you can also learn from our coming free seminar on E-Marketing for Business Growth.
Boxer Manufacturing / Selling Business
I have explained earlier that Nigeria has the largest population in Africa. Large fraction of Nigeria population makes use of boxer which most people referred to as men’s under wear. Now, the fact is that 70% of the boxers used in Nigeria are locally made and you can key in into this business too since it requires you little startup capital as little as N10,000 naira for startup entrepreneur and less than N200,000 for big time investors. I know this sounded too good to be tru but seriously, it is true as against the myths that most people in this business will want you to believe. All you need is to decide on your entry point into this business; either you are going in as a manufacturer or as a supplier. Either way, you stand to rake in lots of cool cash. If you eventually decide to invest in this business, Aba in Nigeria should be your first point of call.
Local Courier /Logistic Service Business
We are all too familiar with Fedex, DHL, American Express and lots of other international courier services as we have used their service at one time or another. But if you deal in supply business that requires you to buy goods from Lagos and have it transported any state in Nigeria, then you would know that there is no way of monitoring your goods from Lagos to anywhere in Nigeria except by calling the driver who may be feeding you wrong information. In this situation, you are left with one choice. Put your fate in God that your good will be delivered as promised or go for international courier service which are definitely expensive. Now, imagine the ready market waiting for you in this particular area. If you can enter into a contract with few car / bike owners to serve as your messengers within certain hours, then set up various charges based on mileage and other parameters. With that you are ready to start your courier business, but you must make a difference right? That is why you may need to invest a little into a database driven website that will help your customers track the movement of their consignment as well as knowing their expected delivery time. Don’t you ever wory yourself about the cost of web development you can get it up and running with as less as N50,000 If you are able to put this in place, I assure you that you will be smiling to the bank.
My Conclusion
Now, if you have thoroughly followed this article, you will discover that some of the business opportunities here are not something you read in everyday business articles yet they are the kinds of business through which you can make millions of Naira. The reason is that, people in this kind of business keep the trade secret to themselves. Why i share these profitable business opportunities is because the passion of my firm is to help in building productive nation of self reliant individuals.

(1) (Reply)

Convert Your Website/blog To An Android Application To Make Much Money! / 10 Nigeria Sectors That Needs Huge Investment. / 9 Reasons to Sell on CartNG.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.