Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? (1824 Views)

HELP: The Gallery I Used For My Photos Has Been Removed From Google Play Store. / What Is MTN Points And How Can I Use It? / How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by fatdon2(m): 1:30pm On Nov 01, 2017
I've got this setting called "HDR" on my phone's camera, but I'm still not sure what it does . It's supposed to make my pictures look better, but sometimes my pictures just come out blurry or washed out! Am I doing something wrong?

Re: What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by fatdon2(m): 2:32pm On Nov 01, 2017
lalasticlala i need answers
Re: What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by iDROID: 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2017
A simple Google search would give you the answers you need. You don't have to create a thread for every petty problem.

3 Likes

Re: What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by gulfer: 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
FYI
A quick explanation on HDR

High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography is achieved by taking multiple pictures (usually three or five) at a variety of different exposures in quick succession and combining them with software. Because the software has multiple exposures of the same image, it can produce a single image with a higher range of colors and brightnesses, pulling the highlights and lowlights in the right areas from each original image.

With HDR, you can take a picture of a horizon with a dim field in the foreground and a bright blue sky in the background, and have the grass nearest you perfectly lit while also not turning the blue sky into a white murky mess. The software does this by using the higher exposure image to brighten the foreground, and the lower exposure image to darken the sky.

[url]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/when-use-hdr-photos-your-android%3famp[/url]

1 Like

Re: What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by agohmamuda(m): 10:47pm On Nov 01, 2017
gulfer:
FYI
A quick explanation on HDR

High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography is achieved by taking multiple pictures (usually three or five) at a variety of different exposures in quick succession and combining them with software. Because the software has multiple exposures of the same image, it can produce a single image with a higher range of colors and brightnesses, pulling the highlights and lowlights in the right areas from each original image.

With HDR, you can take a picture of a horizon with a dim field in the foreground and a bright blue sky in the background, and have the grass nearest you perfectly lit while also not turning the blue sky into a white murky mess. The software does this by using the higher exposure image to brighten the foreground, and the lower exposure image to darken the sky.

[url]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/when-use-hdr-photos-your-android%3famp[/url]

I swear op still no understand. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by valgbo(m): 11:43pm On Nov 01, 2017
HDR will snap multiple pictures at different exposures combine them and make a picture that looks better that all the other individual pictures....... when snapping with HDR make sure you don't move your phone till it has finished processing so that it won't be blurry.... and don't snap a moving object with HDR

2 Likes

Re: What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by fatdon2(m): 7:17am On Nov 02, 2017
agohmamuda:

as in the grammar too much grin
Re: What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by vicadex07(m): 9:34am On Nov 02, 2017
agohmamuda:

na lie....are u op
u dey use style tell am say u sef no understand grin

1 Like

Re: What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by agohmamuda(m): 10:29pm On Nov 02, 2017
[quote author=vicadex07 post=61996311]

na lie....are u op

u dey use style tell am say u sef no understand grin[/quote

Na so. U don catch me.

1 Like

Re: What Is HDR And When Should I Use It In My Photos? by fatdon2(m): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2017
grin

(1) (Reply)

New 2018 Glo Data Subscription Plans, Packages, Price And Duration / How To Get Glo 7GB For 1500 Naira Valid For 7 Days / Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Price In Nigeria & Full Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.