Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,010 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

10 Minutes Inside Nike Art Gallery Osogbo (pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Minutes Inside Nike Art Gallery Osogbo (pictures) (1084 Views)

Road Trip: Makurdi To Osogbo (pictures And Video) / Hit-and-run Driver Crushes Woman To Death In Osogbo - Pictures / Nike Art Gallery, Freedom Park & National Museum In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Minutes Inside Nike Art Gallery Osogbo (pictures) by OBALORLA(m): 5:53am On Nov 02, 2017

We had a quick stop while returning from Erin Ijesha at the famous Nike Art gallery Osogbo. The major intent was to confirm if It actually matched the hype around it.

Needful to say is the fact that We didn’t stay long there as the place wasn’t really conducive for visitors as it was obvious the gallery lacked care.

For you to have a clearer picture, here are 4 quick things you need to know about the Nike Art gallery Osogbo branch.

The Location Is easily Accessible

This branch of Nike Art gallery is located by the road side at Dada Estate area Osogbo, Osun state in a one storey building where all the art pieces which adorned the gate and the building itself are enough to tell you what the quiet house is about.

It Costs Little Or Nothing To See The Gallery

We paid #100 each to the attendant on duty to gain access into the gallery. If we were to go by the uncoordinated setting of the gallery, we shouldn’t have paid anything.

The Interior Can Be Improved

The first spot every visitor will get to see like we did is a large reception area where a lot of beautifully carved art pieces defaced a large rectangular table, making it even more appealing. There are about 3 rooms on the left where different collection of artworks are displayed. We admired every of the works (but briskly) before proceeding to the staircase which leads upstairs where another set of rooms accommodating several other collections are kept.

The Gallery Is Begging To See More Visitors

There are really good works of art in this branch of Nike Art Gallery but the gallery is thriving way below its capability probably due to the very poor attitude of Nigerians towards tourism and Arts.

I might be wrong with my descriptions though. If you’ve been here before, kindly share your experience or add to what I have submitted up here.

Source: www.nomadicnegro.com
Re: 10 Minutes Inside Nike Art Gallery Osogbo (pictures) by Lastking147(m): 6:02am On Nov 02, 2017
Damn so much love Art stuvz smiley
Op please give more infoI'd love to visit this place
Re: 10 Minutes Inside Nike Art Gallery Osogbo (pictures) by OBALORLA(m): 6:15am On Nov 02, 2017
Lastking147:
Damn so much love Art stuvz smiley
Op please give more infoI'd love to visit this place

Ask about whatever you'd like to know and I'd be glad to provide answer(s).

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigerian In Samoa??? / Lottery Winner Shows Up In Scream Mask To Claim His Price (Photos) / Please I Need Directions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.