Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,118 members, 7,842,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? (17956 Views)

Remember This Recharge Card / Twitter Is Down Too! Unable To Load Tweets (Photos) / Mtn Changes Recharge Card Loading Pattern And Reduces Card Pin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Psoul(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2017
Very convenient recharging online, but wen it hits u bad, u will regret ever doing that. I had the experience 3 days ago.
I wanted to recharge my MTN line. I dialed the required code, typed in the intended amount (N1,000), pressed send, then it started loading after a while it showed "error time out".

I repeated the process again, still the same thing. I did it 3 more times and still got same response. I really needed to make this call and urgently too. I was about to try it the sixth time and Lo! Alert started flowing in from my Zenith Account for successful transactions. I got N5,000 alert. I checked my phone account balance, it showed that all the transactions were all successful.

Imagine if that 5k was all the money i had and i wanted to use part of it for something very urgent.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by olamefun1990(m): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2017
I stopped buying paper recharge card when greedy vendors started adding #10 to #100, 20# to #200 cards respectively. It upsets me that the poor we attempt to help are the ones who want to rip us off. My phone is my office and I make lots of calls. Can't waste time loading paper card when I can just use the majic code.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Sicilyjoe: 8:15am On Nov 03, 2017
Magnifico2000:

This is a big scam.. before u say javk robinson the whole 400naira has gone..

I use airtel now where i load 100naira and get 1500bonus. Yes! 1500 bonus. 200 to call any network 100gig(even though it is small) then 800naira to call airtel networks.
Although this doesnt work for all sim cards.

They for make the bonus to call all network, i have about 7k credit only to call airtel, how many people dey use airtel self as there main line
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by python1: 8:17am On Nov 03, 2017
MONITZ:

Nigerian Police re just too funny,demented and useless,how can someone that wants to rob people have the patience and presence of mind to load a recharge card at crime scene?All he is gonna be thinking at that point in time is how to carry out his mission and leave that vicinity ASAP...
You are very correct. But unfortunately, our dumb police use that as an evidence.
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by NairalandSARS: 8:18am On Nov 03, 2017
10 PM last night
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by armadeo(m): 8:20am On Nov 03, 2017
olamefun1990:
I stopped buying paper recharge card when greedy vendors started adding #10 to #100, 20# to #200 cards respectively. It upsets me that the poor we attempt to help are the ones who want to rip us off. My phone is my office and I make lots of calls. Can't waste time loading paper card when I can just use the majic code.

This is the exact reason I also stopped buying from them.

Imagine to maintain small scale business I would walk to the vendor and pay extra #20 on too when I could just sit down and buy it from wherever I am.

Can't remember the last time I bought card from vendors. Maybe last year.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Lionofdjungle: 8:28am On Nov 03, 2017
I've never recharged my phone via bank because the moment I start doing that, I may be tempted to be doing it regularly. Taking money directly from my pocket will restrain me from buying airtime unnecessarily unless there is a need for me to do so. BANKS ARE JUST HELPING PEOPLE TO SPEND THEIR HARD EARN MONEY EASILY.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2017
Yesterday
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by newslifeop: 8:42am On Nov 03, 2017
6years ago
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by E2power3: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2017
I still did that on Monday this week.

I'm convinced that the commercial banks and other big airtime vendors can do without my couple of thousand through airtime, but the woman at the street corner sure may just need that to put one meal on the table for her family that day - especially with this Buhari?APC change in today Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by tolu5656: 8:57am On Nov 03, 2017
Wtf is your business
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by coloh: 9:03am On Nov 03, 2017
technology

be an entreprneur; A skill won’t kill

Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by DrMuzungu(m): 9:24am On Nov 03, 2017
Last time? MTN (for the phone) in September 2015, and GLO (for mobile internet) in September 2014.
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by amb962(m): 9:25am On Nov 03, 2017
I don't recharge my line. Company pays my phone bills and it's being like that for the past nine years now.
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Offpoint: 9:28am On Nov 03, 2017
sinaj:
I dont like buying online.

Imagine having 1k in ur acct nd recharging from it, u'll just end up nt being able to withdraw it.

I rather buy frm Iya Basiru sad
Loooooool, I swear you be wife material
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by sinaj(f): 9:44am On Nov 03, 2017
Offpoint:

Loooooool, I swear you be wife material
lol
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Funkybabee(f): 10:14am On Nov 03, 2017
Even though recently,am even tired of buying card everyday..need 1k data to sub monthly
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Yesbody: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2017
May be 5 years ago I usually recharge thru my mobile banking app
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by MONITZ: 10:18am On Nov 03, 2017
python1:

You are very correct. But unfortunately, our dumb police use that as an evidence.

That is y I call them a very dumb set, honestly and is that as an evidence admissible in court if the case goes on trial? And if it is it would mean the judges re even worse..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by denzel3(m): 10:40am On Nov 03, 2017
2 years ago, since i joined the telcom industry, i have been using free credit by the company
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by ephraim18(m): 10:53am On Nov 03, 2017
its been a while now. life is becoming so easy and simple kudos to technology innovations
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Kennydoc(m): 11:23am On Nov 03, 2017
snowden9:
With the mtn *888*pin# recharge been the cheapest in nigeria at 14mins 48secs for 100 naira, i stopped online recharge.
To answer your question, yesterday and it even has a 14day validity.

But normal recharge gives you 15mins per 100 naira. That *888 is crap. You get 4x credit while it gets consumed 4x faster.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by EagleEyes001(m): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
When someone recharges his line, especially the yellow network charges you more during calls than when you load an airtym card from a vendor
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by QuinDimples(f): 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
Dis is where the 737 GT Bank code has been coming in handy. kiss kiss
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by defemz(m): 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
About 5 years ago if i remember correctly
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by XYZo: 12:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Some months ago I mistakenly recharged someone's line with the only 1k I had in my account.
It wasn't funny at all.
But I learned a big lesson. Never to type my phone number without corss checking it very well.

U blessed me. Tnxx dear cheesy
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by glossy6(f): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
Hisduchess:

they use to revert it if they didn't credit u.its the best way biko
My 500 bucks still dey with GTB
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by smasher1(m): 12:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
sunky97:
In this era of innovative technology! Buying airtime on your phone now come easier everyday. From loading on ATM to Online recharge and mobile recharging, I think life is becoming easier.

Don't you think so?

Over two years ago
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Chizzychinny: 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2017
One day una go post how una dey take dey bath.
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by mechanics(m): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
It's been long o, and this networks have started adding 10 to 20naira on their cards so I had to go for mobile recharge.
Re: When Last Did You Buy A Recharge Card To Load Airtime On Your Phone? by Reeberry: 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
Chizzychinny:
One day una go post how una dey take dey bath.
I swear. Very irrelevant thread. No be say him wan buy credit for us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does The New Nokia 3310 Have The Same Toughness As Its Old Version? / Help!!! My Contacts Are Deleting On My Phone / Nokia Edge 2020: Release Date, 8GB RAM And 42MP!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.