Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Inheritance VS Hardwork - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inheritance VS Hardwork (1001 Views)

Adopted Son Or Biological Son: Who Gets One's Inheritance? / Can I Sue My Father For Selling Our Inheritance, His Properties Anyhow? / Should Wife Give Her Inheritance To Her Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inheritance VS Hardwork by Queenlovely(f): 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2017
Bill gates kids would not inherit his wealth, and so will other billionaires around the globe. I conducted an online survey recently and most people believe it would make their kids entitled. Some think that by depriving their kids of money it would toughen them.
Inheritance is good but the most important thing is the management. Some kids just get quality education from their parents to fend for themselves. I don't think your kids will love you if you give them all the money in the world
Re: Inheritance VS Hardwork by wordbank(m): 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
I prayer
MAY THE WIND BE AT MY BACK
MAY KIDS TAKE ALL MY GOOD
AND MY WIFE HAVE CLASS
Re: Inheritance VS Hardwork by edoman2016: 9:53pm On Nov 02, 2017
My kids shall inherit all my labour on earth. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Inheritance VS Hardwork by egopersonified(f): 11:39am On Nov 03, 2017
Inheritance would not ruin your kids. Teaching your kids that all they have to do is sit back and allow you take care of their every need even in their 30s while waiting for their inheritance, which might come in their 50s, would ruin your kids.

Your inheritance is a foundation to build on or an addition to what you have started.

5 Likes

Re: Inheritance VS Hardwork by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
I have always thought of this too OP.
I'm not yet sure of what is right to do.
But honestly there are strong doubts about letting my children inherit from me.
Biblically it's good, but I'm damned if I know what I want to do yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inheritance VS Hardwork by ifyalways(f): 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
My children and grandchildren shall inherit, enjoy and reap from all my toils. AMEN.

@OP, Bill and other billionaires are NOT living their children high and dry as you claimed. They're leaving them something, although a small percentage of their wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Inheritance VS Hardwork by Allwility: 8:05am On Nov 04, 2017
Queenlovely, it would be quite erroneous to think that the rich don't pass on their wealth to their kids. Infact they do but not in a way you would expect.

Reason: Simple. Tax evasion.

If the rich dies and pass on their wealth to their kids, the government would quickly jump in and come in for their own share of the cookie in the form of tax. Depending on the country you're from, state laws and the type of wealth being passed down, taxes could range from inheritance tax, to state estate tax, and then there's capital gain tax if you decide to sell but the property goes up in value. Oversea inheritance tax could also be applied if part of that wealth is coming from from overseas. In some countries, inheritance tax could be well over 30%. Now that's a lot of money to be lost!

So what do the rich do? They set up trust funds and charities that are obliged to take 'care' of their children.There's a lot attached to that word care. It simply means the trust fund would finance the children's whims and caprices. That aside, income from trust funds are taxable but exempted from double taxation. Having said that, they also give some amount of cash yearly to their kids. Over the years, this build up to a sizeable amount.

So don't let all the donations to charities deceive you. Bill Gates daughter is worth about $20 million. How old is she and where has she worked? He's already left some cool cash to her and sent the remaining to their trust fund to shelter it from tax.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inheritance VS Hardwork by williamramirez: 6:54am On Aug 26, 2021
Allwility:
Queenlovely, it would be quite erroneous to think that the rich don't pass on their wealth to their kids. Infact they do but not in a way you would expect.

Reason: Simple. Tax evasion.

If the rich dies and pass on their wealth to their kids, the government would quickly jump in and come in for their own share of the cookie in the form of tax. Depending on the country you're from, state laws and the type of wealth being passed down, taxes could range from inheritance tax, to state estate tax, and then there's capital gain tax if you decide to sell but the property goes up in value. Oversea inheritance tax could also be applied if part of that wealth is coming from from overseas. In some countries, inheritance tax could be well over 30%. Now that's a lot of money to be lost!

So what do the rich do? They set up trust funds and charities that are obliged to take 'care' of their children.There's a lot attached to that word care. It simply means the trust fund would finance the children's whims and caprices. That aside, income from trust funds are taxable but exempted from double taxation. Having said that, they also give some amount of cash yearly to their kids. Over the years, this build up to a sizeable amount.

So don't let all the donations to charities deceive you. It is important avoid becoming inheritance scam victim. Bill Gates daughter is worth about $20 million. How old is she and where has she worked? He's already left some cool cash to her and sent the remaining to their trust fund to shelter it from tax.

It is also very important to understand the laws of inheritance. After all, a charitable organization may not take good care of children or provide any funding for children at all.

(1) (Reply)

Law Against Obtaining Husband By False Pretenses: Photo / The Different Types Of Orgasm Women Experience / 'A Woman That Doesn't Complain About Her Cheating Hubby, Cheats Also'- Guy Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.