Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Pope Paves Way For Married Men To Become Catholic Priest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Paves Way For Married Men To Become Catholic Priest (564 Views)

3 Sweet Things That Keep Sending Many Men To Their Early Graves / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Obinna Dike: Catholic Priest And Football Coach (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Paves Way For Married Men To Become Catholic Priest by Lilimax(f): 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
Pope paves the way for married men to become Catholic priests: Controversial move to tackle shortage is likely to outrage traditionalists

Pope Francis is considering allowing married men join the priesthood
The men of proven faith - viri probati - might become priests in remote regions
The married priests will not be expected to adhere to church rules on celibacy
Pope Francis is considering plans to allow married men to ordain as Catholic priests in remote areas where there are chronic shortages of clergy.

The pontiff is considering proposals raised by bishops in Brazil who complain some areas are only administered by a priest a couple of times a year.

Under the proposals, married men of proven faith, known as 'viri probati' by the church, will be able to join the priesthood.
www.dailymail.co.uk
Re: Pope Paves Way For Married Men To Become Catholic Priest by hatchy(f): 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2017
Gradually there will total reformation of the Catholic Church. After all these laws are man made and can also be altered to reflect contemporary realities of life.

Its only a matter of time though.
Re: Pope Paves Way For Married Men To Become Catholic Priest by Femoje(m): 4:23am On Nov 03, 2017
hello, my name is femi I'm a young Tech startup, and am working on a social network basically for Nigeria. my team and I have been coding and programming the network site for about four months now to bring out the best. we need your assistant in the area of funding, we want seed funding offering in this project because we plan to launch the site first week of next month. And I will be glad if you play a part by funding the project to your capacity and interest. I will be glad to get feedback from you. Best Regard. WhatsApp: 08173857040
Re: Pope Paves Way For Married Men To Become Catholic Priest by Theophinio(m): 8:57am On Nov 03, 2017
Well is a welcomed idea
Being married don't stop you from fulfilling your calling as an ambassador of Christ

(1) (Reply)

See These Hilarious Christmas Decorations, Your Comments (pics) / Being Born Again / RCCG Sunday School Student's Manual 25 March Topic – A Happy Marrige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.