Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo (6263 Views)

UK Cuts Tariffs On Products From Nigeria, Others / Foreign Direct Investment Inflow Drops / Investment Inflow Into Nigeria Rises By 95% To $1.7bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Truth234(m): 6:56am On Nov 03, 2017
Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday described the continent of Africa as a land of immense opportunities, noting that Foreign Direct Investment inflow into the region was expected to hit $75.5bn by the end of this year.

Osinbajo stated this in Abuja at the opening session of a two-day high level policy and private sector forum on trade and investment facilitation for development.

The event was hosted by Nigeria in collaboration with the ECOWAS Commission and World Trade Organisation, among others.

He said the expected investment inflows of $75.5bn into the region would be far higher than the $56.5bn recorded in 2016.

Osinbajo stated, “We are in a time of critical challenges and in a time of huge opportunities, our population will equal the population of India and China together by 2050.

“Some say so earlier, by the same year we will have the youngest population in the world, climate change has great impact on Africa than elsewhere and security challenges stubbornly remain in many of our states.”

He added, “Yet consumers’ spending is projected to reach $1.4tn in the next few years and business to business spending to reach $3.5tn in the next eight years.

“African economies are doing better than ever before despite the difficult global economic environment; Gross Domestic Product growth rate, with average 2.2 per cent in 2015, is estimated to rise to 3.4 per cent this year and to 4.3 per cent in 2018, all above the global average.”

The vice-president stated that for Africa to maximise the benefits of its huge potential, there was a need to take the issue of trade and investment very importantly as it was vital for economic development.

He, however, noted that poor infrastructure and lack of capacity building needed to be addressed to ensure that trade and investments takes the centre stage in economic development of the continent.

The Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah, said developing countries, including Nigeria, needed about $2.5tn yearly investment to meet the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.

He stated that the country’s improvement in the World Bank ease of doing business ranking was a demonstration of the effectiveness of the government’s recent policies.

In his comments, the Director-General, WTO, Roberto Azevedo, said trade and investment had proven to be the best economic tool to stimulate development.

The President, ECOWAS Commission, Marcel Alain de Souza, called on members to facilitate the use of a common currency in the sub-region.

http://investorsking.com/investment-inflow-nigeria-others-hit-75bn-osinbajo/

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by GavelSlam: 7:00am On Nov 03, 2017
He said Africa before enemies start their remix.

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by lilfreezy: 7:27am On Nov 03, 2017
Even Chris okotie no lie reach osinbade grin

8 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Ayo4251(m): 7:27am On Nov 03, 2017
V
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 03, 2017
Investment inflow in Nigeria.. Naso. yet the country is still among the. Poorest in Africa with a very poor GDP per capita

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by eezeribe(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2017
Big lie.... Fake propaganda....
Have you guys fulfilled your unrealistic promise of one dollar equal to one naira....

7 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by nony43(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2017
F
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by kay29000(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2017
Okay. When will it start to benefit the common man?

5 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by deepwater(f): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2017
no benefit to the common man
they brought wicked policies to throw the common man out of the tbills
the common man that helped the outsiders get confidence in the system
now everything is over subscribed undecided
nothing reach man pickin again ooo
CoolAmbience:

Who is a common man?

My friend, I think it is time you woke up and tried to unleash the 'uncommoness' in you.

If you think the challenges in Africa are enormous, then it simply suggests same for opportunities.

There has never been a time that any government in Nigeria encouraged entrepreneurship than now.

Get positive and find out what other young entrepreneurs are doing to source funds, capacity and mentorship for their businesses/ideas.

Eledumare
Wetin person no go see for internet shocked

Son, I am not an entrepreneur and I am not looking for funds.

I am a core investor and looking out for my lined up investment already.

My post was directed to Nigerian treasury bills and the negative polices since the huge inflow of foreign investors. Primarily a common man cannot determine his rate at the primary markets again, few months later, accepted blind rates at 364days would not be successful due to over subscription from foreign investors... These are my concerns.

Why am I explaining this to you self?

You just quoted me outta ignorance and assumed everyone is looking for cheap facility to run buying and selling and put on the entrepreneur tag.

Problem I have with your likes is that you all think everybody must be an entrepreneur. (that's if you know the true definition of being one!)

Please learn to read before you write.

Who be this self abeg undecided

7 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by OGAMINISTER: 7:29am On Nov 03, 2017
Good news to well wishers

Bad news to enemies of the state
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by seguno2: 7:30am On Nov 03, 2017
Future tense impossible.
Since when did this RCCG Pastor start telling lies like this
It must be the influence of Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

5 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by ottohan: 7:30am On Nov 03, 2017
A rapist entered a bedroom, tied up the husband and wife, kissed the wife's ear and went to the bathroom... The husband said to the wife "satisfy him or he will kill us, be strong. I love u" Wife said "he didn't kiss me, he whispered in my ear dat he is gay, he needs vaseline and I told him it's in the bathroom. So be strong, I love u too....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by wickyyolo: 7:31am On Nov 03, 2017
Mumu I wish you knew how much the North America earn from Africa last year,
Not even mentioning China yet
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by idonijesamod(m): 7:31am On Nov 03, 2017
Sell your paypal funds 350/$ contact via watsapp on signature
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by stano2(m): 7:32am On Nov 03, 2017
All na talk
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by teewai3(m): 7:32am On Nov 03, 2017
Guys!!! Please pray for me. I am going to the hospital tomorrow because I have a problem with my eyes. Everytime I look into comments, I have seen nothing related to the post��

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by seguno2: 7:33am On Nov 03, 2017
OGAMINISTER:
Good news to well wishers

Bad news to enemies of the state

How much is the exchange rate today compared to 15 May 2015?
The real enemies of the state are people like Buhari and Osinbajo who told us that N200 exchange rate was bad then.
Good news ko. Gullible news ni. angry
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by 9jayes: 7:34am On Nov 03, 2017
All dis paper talk sef
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 03, 2017
A very good development
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by phr0nesis(m): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2017
I knew it would be someone from the FG announcing this.

APC is just good at paper talk
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by 9japrof(m): 7:38am On Nov 03, 2017
Osibanjo the pastor turned liar. You can never be a saint on a gang of thieves and liars, not possible in a million attempts
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by OGAMINISTER: 7:38am On Nov 03, 2017
seguno2:

How much is the exchange rate today compared to 15 May 2015?
The real enemies of the state are people like Buhari and Osinbajo who told us that N200 exchange rate was bad then.
Good news ko. Gullible news ni. angry

Since u know little/nothing about economics of foreign exchange, I am too busy to start educating you..........China intentionally keeps her exchange rate high and every serious developing country should emulate them to discourage over dependence on importation

2 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Donald50: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2017
The VP must be a student of UniLiaMuhammed ,,,,....lectured by one Prof Emeritus in lienology ::: Linus Maba Lia Mumumad....

2 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Nbote(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2017
He shld have gone further to break down how much of dat inflow will com into d country considering how dis govt is driving d economy into oblivion and chasing away investors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 03, 2017
You mean sachet water production undecided

1 Like

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by psucc(m): 7:44am On Nov 03, 2017
Any has no truth to tell Nigerians especially when figures are involved
The Pastor has dethroned the devil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Donald50: 7:44am On Nov 03, 2017
modelmike7:
A very good development
::: Good news but u haven't eaten for the past five days...,and u call it good news...hunger is bad

3 Likes

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by sanpipita(m): 7:46am On Nov 03, 2017
I remember when Jonathan govt was dishing out talks like this they said na paper achievements, now they are in power they are doing same, all talk no impact

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by seguno2: 7:46am On Nov 03, 2017
OGAMINISTER:
Since u know little/nothing about economics of foreign exchange, I am too busy to start educating you..........China intentionally keeps her exchange rate high and every serious developing country should emulate them to discourage over dependence on importation

Stop trying to be half smart by shifting the discussion.
Buhari and APC promised to make N1 equal to a dollar. They have made it worse. Jumping to N500 before going down slightly to N365.
Yet, you are calling this new lie and falsehood from Osinbajo good news?
Are you okay at all?
I ask you again whether you are okay at all?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by Donald50: 7:46am On Nov 03, 2017
I don't blame them...,,,Nigeria is a falsehood from the beginning
Re: Investment Inflow Into Nigeria, Others To Hit $75bn – Osinbajo by FarahAideed: 7:46am On Nov 03, 2017
Buhari govt is a gathering of looters and liars

(1) (2) (Reply)

In New Revenue Drive, FIRS Targets Billionaire Tax Defaulters / Nigerian Banks That Advertise On CNN / Insurers In The House And MTN's Insurance Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.