Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? (970 Views)

Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � / Is Contract Marriage Really A Good Idea? / How Does It Really Get To This Stage In Marriage?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by kolatunez: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2017
I had a hot arguement with a guy who kept on saying marriage will get boring and i tried to explain to him that it can't. Frustration is what can break up a marriage not boredom.yout partner is not a toy u will use.in marriage there is joy,love children and happiness. But this guy is as stubborn as they come. He said its human nature to get bored of something after a while.so i said to him " But then again marriage Is a bond not material substance" . To cut the long story short the guy gave up the arguement. But i wasnt done with the topic which brings me here.

Can marriage actually get boring

What are your thoughts
Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by kunlesufyan(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2017
Marriage is very very different from dating, pressure comes from different angles and this can affect women.
Financial pressure can also affect men, would you go out to chill when you both arnt earning enough?
At the end, its God and not man. AlWays involve God.
Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by Oye0404(m): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2017
Married men would answer dis better though, but I think if one marries his best friend, confidant, gossip partner, true live and sum1 u're compatible with. We focus more on d sex nd romance in but I feel its far more Dan dat
Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by spyroet(m): 8:59am On Nov 03, 2017
A lot of factors makes a mariage boring, financialy sexually and the rest

1 Like

Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by kolatunez: 9:01am On Nov 03, 2017
This guy was saying that after a while you just get bored of it,no other factors involved
Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by teresafaith: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2017
Marriage is overrated jawe
Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by daryoor(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2017
It will obviously get boring. But it should be your kind of boring. If u cant have a soothing conversation with you partner in silence without electronics or any distraction, you married the wrong wife.
Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by UyaiUyai: 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
kolatunez:
I had a hot arguement with a guy who kept on saying marriage will get boring and i tried to explain to him that it can't. Frustration is what can break up a marriage not boredom.yout partner is not a toy u will use.in marriage there is joy,love children and happiness. But this guy is as stubborn as they come. He said its human nature to get bored of something after a while.so i said to him " But then again marriage Is a bond not material substance" . To cut the long story short the guy gave up the arguement. But i wasnt done with the topic which brings me here.

Can marriage actually get boring

What are your thoughts

Marriage can and does get boring for both parties either at different times or at the same time. Once you get into a routine, it is inevitable to get bored with it over time. Picture this - you wake up, talk to, sleep beside, eat with, bath with,fight with, take about the same issues, go in the same circles with the same person every single day of your life. There is a reason why sometimes you picked going out with your friends over sitting at home with your mum while growing up, it's not because you value or love her less but just the need to break out of the routine. It is the same for marriage, people always confuse dating with marriage but one key factor that you enjoy in a relationship that is missing in marriage is the absence of the person - the ability to miss the person, the excitement of sneaking around to see the person, or having to go home after spending time with the person. It creates a vacuum to constantly want to see the person and go through that cycle, because once he/she leaves, you're back to your life - just you. In marriage, its the exact opposite, you actually just want to break out of the routine sometimes. The key to dealing with boredom is ensuring you marry someone you love and for the right reasons and consciously staying innovative with how you relate with each other. Even at that, some external factors may cause a strain and put you out of synch with your partner, constant communication and quick resolution is the only thing that keeps a good marriage afloat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by kolatunez: 7:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
UyaiUyai:

Marriage can and does get boring for both parties either at different times or at the same time. Once you get into a routine, it is inevitable to get bored with it over time. Picture this - you wake up, talk to, sleep beside, eat with, bath with,fight with, take about the same issues, go in the same circles with the same person every single day of your life. There is a reason why sometimes you picked going out with your friends over sitting at home with your mum while growing up, it's not because you value or love her less but just the need to break out of the routine. It is the same for marriage, people always confuse dating with marriage but one key factor that you enjoy in a relationship that is missing in marriage is the absence of the person - the ability to miss the person, the excitement of sneaking around to see the person, or having to go home after spending time with the person. It creates a vacuum to constantly want to see the person and go through that cycle, because once he/she leaves, you're back to your life - just you. In marriage, its the exact opposite, you actually just want to break out of the routine sometimes. The key to dealing with boredom is ensuring you marry someone you love and for the right reasons and consciously staying innovative with how you relate with each other. Even at that, some external factors may cause a strain and put you out of synch with your partner, constant communication and quick resolution is the only thing that keeps a good marriage afloat.

Wise words. It is important to see things from a different point of view
Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by Acidosis(m): 7:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
Yes,

Like every human being, we are prone to boredom at some point.

Boredom is not a disease. If you haven't killed yourself because of boredom then you don't have to kill your marriage because of that.

If your marriage is boring, spice it up. It is not an excuse to avoid marriage or cheat. Days you were bored, did you avoid yourself? Did you cheat on yourself?
So my friend, marriage is not an anti-boredom pill.

If you're never bored, then you're probably living a fake life. If you don't enjoy 'alone' and 'boring' moments with your spouse and you try to cover up by incessant outings, then you aren't enjoying life... What you are doing is keeping up a fake life.

Boring moments are meant to be endured or enjoyed otherwise you just have to avoid marriage and avoid yourself too.
Re: Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? by elantraceey(f): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
If you've never been bored in life then I guess you ain't existing at all so marriage won't be any different. There will be times when you'll get tired, bored and even to the point of frustration with your partner but just like what you do when you really bored; find something interesting to do or whichever way you deal with it, you can fix your marriage that way.

Your marriage will only be a product of what you and your partner put into it, garbage in garbage out.

(1) (Reply)

After 17yrs Of Bareness, Nigerian Couple Blessed With Sextuplet Share Grownphoto / Get The Best Ankara Materials For Your Family Delivered To You At Market Price / Teenager Catches Mum Making Love With Boyfriend In The Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.