Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � (25555 Views)

4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid / Court Declares The Power Of Ikoyi Registry To Conduct Marriages In Lagos NULL / Can Marriage Really Get Boring ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 11:01am On Aug 22, 2023
Good day, fellas. Why do marriages get boring after sometime? 🤔 I.e The love or feelings begin to wax cold or boring unlike when you both started.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by TemplarLandry: 11:02am On Aug 22, 2023
Many factors could be responsible.
1. Overfamiliarity
2. Insufficient finance
3. Dirtiness
4. Etc.

217 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2023
[quote author=Truvelisback post=125279134]Good day, fellas. Why do marriages get boring after sometime? 🤔 I.e The love or feelings begin to wax cold or boring unlike when you both started. Or is it normal? 🤔

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 11:07am On Aug 22, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Many factors could be responsible.
1. Overfamiliarity
2. Insufficient finance
3. Dirtiness
4. Etc.
You have a point. After a while, the feelings will just consciously or unconsciously begin to fade away. Sadly, this is someone you were madly in love with. 😔

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by talented321: 11:08am On Aug 22, 2023
It just the nature'' eating only ONE food will be boring AND expenses especially when u are not capable'' but all the same a good wife is not that boring''

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2023
Marriage is an institution for you to choose a partner with whom you will live and plan the rest of your life.

The question now is what plan do you have for the rest of your life and who or what kind of person are you choosing to run that course of your life in future with?

There are several factors leading to that effect (highlighted by the OP) which include financial issues, lack of dedication from one or both parties, wrongdoing like cheating from one or both parties and so on ...

But the major factor, I think, is understanding what marriage is about and choosing someone who equally understands what marriage is about and is fit for you to run that course of life with.

When you as an individual has planned or visualised your character and future plans and you do enough diligence to choose someone with whom you are compatible based on those factors, then you will find fulfillment in marriage God willing. Because the actions both of you will be taking in that marriage will be such that are in harmony with each other and brings fulfilment.

A lot of people get involved in marriage because they are attracted to certain things such as money, feelings or beauty. They do not look at the bigger picture. As such, that union has no purpose upon which it is based and due to that, it tends to get uninteresting as time goes along.

I'm not sure if I captured my thoughts with the very right words but I think I tried.

72 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by TINUBUISMAD: 11:38am On Aug 22, 2023
grin
This deep bro, just calm down

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
Marriage is an institution for you to choose a partner with whom you will live and plan the rest of your life.

The question now is what plan do you have for the rest of your life and who or what kind of person are you choosing to run that course of your life in future with?

There are several factors leading to that effect (highlighted by the OP) which include financial issues, lack of dedication from one or both parties, wrongdoing like cheating from one or both parties and so on ...

But the major factor, I think, is understanding what marriage is about and choosing someone who equally understands what marriage is about and is fit for you to run that course of life with.

When you as an individual has planned or visualised your character and future plans and you do enough diligence to choose someone with whom you are compatible based on those factors, then you will find fulfillment in marriage God willing. Because the actions both of you will be taking in that marriage will be such that are in harmony with each other and brings fulfilment.

A lot of people get involved in marriage because they are attracted to certain things such as money, feelings or beauty. They do not look at the bigger picture. As such, that union has no purpose upon which it is based and due to that, it tends to get uninteresting as time goes along.

I'm not sure if I captured my thoughts with the very right words but I think I tried.
You tried.

30 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 11:58am On Aug 22, 2023
TINUBUISMAD:
grin
This deep bro, just calm down
You can relate, right? I hope it's not in the Bado way? grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by TINUBUISMAD: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2023
Truvelisback:
You can relate, right? I hope it's not in the Bado way? grin
I am in it and I really understand it firsthand

Marriage is patience oh if not, we go dey marry dey divorce every year grin

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Nebes: 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Godlessness!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Why do marriages get boring after sometime? 🤔 I.e The love or feelings begin to wax cold or boring unlike when you both started.
If by love, you mean the brain-chemical powered delusion, then ofcourse it dries out after a period since the brain cannot sustain that mode for longer than it is able to handle. undecided

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/14/health/brain-on-love-wellness/index.html

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
You're finally married now op,and you nor invite me to come chop rice.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Nazgul: 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
Hmmm...you must know that the sweet 16 love/infatuation, deep affection and excitement that comes with a new marriage can naturally diminish over time as couples become more familiar with each other.

Reason being that routine, age (which can lead to deterioration in beauty), dirtiness (like someone said) inability to burn Bridges of past relationships and life's challenges such as finances can also contribute to a perceived decrease in excitement.

If you must maintain the spark in your marriage, you must ensure that communication remains permanently open, try new activities together, be faithful to your partner, as unfaithfulness can lead to a break in trust and love and finally focus on each other's growth.

Also you can use your kids to bond with each other. Go on vacations, hangout...etc

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Nazgul:
Why you modified your post Naz?
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Nazgul: 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:

Why you modified your post Naz?
I didn't modify o, I was booking space. In case the mods carry it to front page, so that by the time I post I won't land on page 3 or 4. 😏

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2023
Nazgul:
I didn't modify o, I was booking space. In case the mods carry it to front page, so that by the time I post I won't land on page 3 or 4. 😏
You re intelligent ore mi.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:
You're finally married now op,and you nor invite me to come chop rice.
Na how you take know?😏

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2023
Truvelisback:
Na how you take know?😏
Because you don dey complain now.una Neva reach the see finish stage....pray make e nor reach that stage

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
Nazgul:
Hmmm...you must know that the sweet 16 love/infatuation, deep affection and excitement that comes with a new marriage can naturally diminish over time as couples become more familiar with each other.

Reason being that routine, age (which can lead to deterioration in beauty), dirtiness (like someone said) inability to burn Bridges of past relationships and life's challenges such as finances can also contribute to a perceived decrease in excitement.

If you must maintain the spark in your marriage, you must ensure that communication remains permanently open, try new activities together, be faithful to your partner, as unfaithfulness can lead to a break in trust and love and finally focus on each other's growth.

Also you can use your kids to bond with each other. Go on vacations, hangout...etc
You have a great point. Some things could just consciously or unconsciously turn off one's love or feeling🔥 in the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2023
Marriage get stages.

The lovey-dovey stage

The why re you coming home by this time stage

The see finish stage

The banter stage

The no sex stage(na only that one dey pain me)
The no money stage.

The stage where he go dey go hang out with friends and succulent side chicks cheesy :Dyou go turn for bed tire dey anticipate his return...lolz

Then the king of them all .....The shege stage

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
I think open marriage should be encouraged in Africa.

Make I nor even mention cuckold cheesy grin cheesy abii dominatrix.

E go spice marriage up especially if your partner is wide.
Variety go become the spice cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
Marriage gets boring because most times it is a means to an end for couples. Free and unlimited access to sex, laundry,food, recreation of genes, titles, financial help etc. When the reason for marriage is superficial then it's only a matter of time before one gets tired of the reasons upon actualization.

Marriage gets boring when spouse stop the deliberate effort to woo and impress one another every day. When couples do not not see the need to revitalize their bond and togetherness it's only a matter of time before the fire wears off.

When couples attention are diverted from each other by either kids, career, bills, family problems. They end up living as flat mates. Always put your partner in mind.

See finish is another reason, when your partner can predict the type of brief you wear to bed everyday, like she knows you are joining her in bed with your over worn red turn pink boxers Or you will be returning with the usual yeye osun shuku anytime you go to the salon then they look forward to little or nothing to you . Spontaneity is key, do something new and pleasing once in a while. Nothing kills zeal faster than routine grin

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:

Because you don dey complain now.una Neva reach the see finish stage....pray make e nor reach that stage
See finish state, grin hmmm, you have a point. Na that one be the worst stage. Infact ehn, the instances just plenty.😔

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2023
Most married people na flatmates dem be now.

30 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
Truvelisback:
See finish state, grin hmmm, you have a point. Na that one be the worst stage. Infact ehn, the instances just plenty.😔
Which stage you dey?pray tell.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by sageb: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:
Marriage get stages.
The lovey-dovey stage
The see finish stage
The banter stage
The no money stage.
The stage where he go dey go hand out with friends and succulent side chicks cheesy cheesy

Really?😂

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by ahnie: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
sageb:

Really?😂
E shock you.... marriages now be like ekpoba hill college for benin cheesy cheesy.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 3:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
If by love, you mean the brain-chemical powered delusion, then ofcourse it dries out after a period since the brain cannot sustain that mode for longer than it is able to handle. undecided

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/14/health/brain-on-love-wellness/index.html
Bro, you don start with this your Biology and Chemistry lecture. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2023
Persephone1:
Marriage gets boring because most times it is a means to an end for couples. Free and unlimited access to sex, laundry,food, recreation of genes, titles, financial help etc. When the reason for marriage is superficial then it's only a matter of time before one gets tired of the reasons upon actualization.

Marriage gets boring when spouse stop the deliberate effort to woo and impress one another every day. When couples do not not see the need to revitalize their bond and togetherness it's only a matter of time before the fire wears off.

When couples attention are diverted from each other by either kids, career, bills, family problems. They end up living as flat mates. Always put your partner in mind.

See finish is another reason, when your partner can predict the type of brief you wear to bed everyday, like she knows you are joining her in bed with your over worn red turn pink boxers Or you will be returning with the usual yeye osun shuku anytime you go to the salon then they look forward to little or nothing to you . Spontaneity is key, do something new and pleasing once in a while. Nothing kills zeal faster than routine grin
Nice one, some folks need to read this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Marriages Get Boring After Sometime? � by Truvelisback(m): 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
ahnie:
Marriage get stages.

The lovey-dovey stage

The see finish stage

The banter stage

The no money stage.

The stage where he go dey go hang out with friends and succulent side chicks cheesy :Dyou go turn for bed tire dey anticipate his return...lolz

That stage wey dey pain you nai dey pain me too aside others(speaking on behalf of someone).

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Would You First Go Through On Your Spouses' Phone If Given The Chance? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? / My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.