Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,605 members, 7,812,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures (9130 Views)

Power-Drunk Customs Officials Loot Traders' Shops Overnigh At Agip Market, Lagos / Ariaria Market Gets Power Generation, Distribution Licences / NNPC, Agip To Boost Power Generation By 480MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by 36govs: 11:30am On Nov 03, 2017
@VIVIANGIST

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Joint Venture is set to boost the Federal Government power generation aspiration by 480 megawatts (MW) through the completion of its Okpai Phase II Independent Power Project (IPP) by 2019.

This was disclosed in Abuja on Thursday during the inauguration of the Okpai Phase II power project by the Group Managing Director of NNPC Dr. Maikanti Kacalla Baru.

Speaking at the event, Dr. Baru said all partners were working round the clock to deliver on the project in terms of specifications, time and budget.

He said the decision by the partners to embark on the second phase of the Okpai power project was hinged on the enormous success of Okpai Phase I, which he described as the most consistent power plant in the country.

“Although it (Okpai Phase I) was meant to generate 450MW into national grid, it is now generating an average of 300MW due to evacuation challenge. This is a significant addition to the national grid,” he said.

He said the Okpai Phase II project, on completion, would generate additional 480MW into the national grid.

He charged the 12-man committee to work hard and explore the possibility of delivering the project ahead of the 2019 target date, stressing that the project was very critical to the nation’s power aspirations.

The GMD also urged the JV partners to sustain the march towards transforming into an Independent JV in keeping with Presidential approval.

Earlier, the Managing Director of NAOC, Mr. Massimo Insula, who was represented by Mr. Luca Bai, said everything had been put in place to ensure that the Okpai Phase II Project was delivered on schedule.

In his remarks, Deputy CEO of Oando, Mr. Omamofe Boyo, said his company was committed to sustaining the successes recorded in Phase I of the project, assuring that they would work with other partners to ensure prompt and timely delivery of the project.

Ndu Ughamadu
Group General Manager,
Group Public Affairs Division,
NNPC, Abuja.
3rd November, 2017

VIA : http://www.viviangist.ng/nnpc-agip-jv-to-increase-power-generation-by-480mw-pictures/

cC; Lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by uzor2(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2017
Nice move.

1 Like

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by mantosa(m): 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
I commend the move but I'll prefer when government agencies start giving press releases after success have been achieved. "To" gives too much vague hope, instead let it be - NNPC after working so many months were able to achieve 4800 MW.

My belief in Nigeria has been rekindled with many interests towards the 2019 election.

Nigeria will be great and I shall partake of its greatness

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by ibkgab001: 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ahhhh hope they will not kill the dream

At least Nnwaimakpe will get means to survive
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by semaj23: 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Good one
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by ibkgab001: 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
mantosa:
E

Elegede

1 Like

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by cescky(m): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
Instagram and Digital government

Talk is cheap

3 Likes

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by castrol180(m): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
So many unfulfilled promises since October 1st 1960...

3 Likes

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by itsandi(m): 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
Saying nothing till its done sad
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by maxtop(m): 2:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
We have been hearing this kind of news over 10 years now but we end up sleeping in darkness. What a pity Nigerians don't benefits from this people despite making a huge money from us. Anyways, God dey sha.
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by mantosa(m): 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
I commend the move but I'll prefer when government agencies start giving press releases after success have been achieved. "To" gives too much vague hope, instead let it be - NNPC after working so many months were able to achieve 4800 MW.

My belief in Nigeria has been rekindled with many interests towards the 2019 election.

1 Like

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by Vantage1000: 2:30pm On Nov 03, 2017
Good
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by vengertime: 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
Government of TO
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by abbaapple: 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
Campaign don de show face be that! So many fake promise to decieve the gullible masses! Shame! embarassed
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by free2ryhme: 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
story! story!! story!!!

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by AroOkigbo(m): 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Whenever I hear "TO", I don't celebrate it.
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by asawanathegreat(m): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nigeria go beta
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by paradigmshift(m): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
very sweet to increase using mouth . gerarahere y'all
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by Aadeyinka(m): 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
36govs:
@VIVIANGIST

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) Joint Venture is set to boost the Federal Government power generation aspiration by 480 megawatts (MW) through the completion of its Okpai Phase II Independent Power Project (IPP) by 2019.

This was disclosed in Abuja on Thursday during the inauguration of the Okpai Phase II power project by the Group Managing Director of NNPC Dr. Maikanti Kacalla Baru.

Speaking at the event, Dr. Baru said all partners were working round the clock to deliver on the project in terms of specifications, time and budget.

He said the decision by the partners to embark on the second phase of the Okpai power project was hinged on the enormous success of Okpai Phase I, which he described as the most consistent power plant in the country.

“Although it (Okpai Phase I) was meant to generate 450MW into national grid, it is now generating an average of 300MW due to evacuation challenge. This is a significant addition to the national grid,” he said.

He said the Okpai Phase II project, on completion, would generate additional 480MW into the national grid.

He charged the 12-man committee to work hard and explore the possibility of delivering the project ahead of the 2019 target date, stressing that the project was very critical to the nation’s power aspirations.

The GMD also urged the JV partners to sustain the march towards transforming into an Independent JV in keeping with Presidential approval.

Earlier, the Managing Director of NAOC, Mr. Massimo Insula, who was represented by Mr. Luca Bai, said everything had been put in place to ensure that the Okpai Phase II Project was delivered on schedule.

In his remarks, Deputy CEO of Oando, Mr. Omamofe Boyo, said his company was committed to sustaining the successes recorded in Phase I of the project, assuring that they would work with other partners to ensure prompt and timely delivery of the project.

Ndu Ughamadu
Group General Manager,
Group Public Affairs Division,
NNPC, Abuja.
3rd November, 2017

VIA : http://www.viviangist.ng/nnpc-agip-jv-to-increase-power-generation-by-480mw-pictures/

cC; Lalasticlala
keep fooling Nigeria till Jesus come, ever since increase power generation, no power supply in country than 20% ,ever failing country, shame
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by AishaBuhari: 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
Achievements on the media!

#ImpeachBuhari
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by salford1: 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
that is a lot of generation if true, but what of the backbone transmission and distribution. No point of increased generation if it cant to the consumers.

1 Like

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by jomoh: 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
This is very good
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 2:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
i wish I can line up everybody in government and give them dirty slaps, one by one angry

1 Like

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 2:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
In 2019, they will still be promising you electricity!

Are blacks cursed, or is it just Nigeria

Chai!!

chai, chai, chai sad

1 Like

Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
I wonder when we will rescue this country together? Why are we always letting ourselves down

Just look at the people we elect, sigh!

Yet house members have the audacity to buy cars worth 6billion. How can anything else they say make any kind of sense, if a so called broke country can dole out 6 bill for cars.

It's like a broke man, or rather, a somewhat comfortable man, trying to buy a brand new prado, when he is facing eviction notices.

Won't he first put his house in order, literally

We deserve freedom, we are the many, they are the few.
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by lonlytroy(m): 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
mantosa:

U concur bro
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
2019 indeed
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by Teobaba(m): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
We don tire for all this make believe story. Projects that we only see on the pages of news paper none sees the light of the day
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by Praktikals(m): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2017
Children of hate will not believe this.
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by Caseless: 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mtswww
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by Myde4naija(m): 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
To wailer every good news is propaganda and lies

But.............

Every bad new is real and celebrated.

#what_do_wailers_want
Re: NNPC & Agip To Increase Power Generation By 480MW - Pictures by bellyjean(m): 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
This is good news.
But of what use is 480 megawatt when transmission in Nigeria is comatose? I propose that the 480 MW should not be connected to the national grid. Let this generation company/plant focus on its community, local government and state. Let them woo companies, lobby at the senate for approval to feed residential and office loads.

When companies/industries are certain that they can get uninterrupted power, they would logically setup very close to this power source. This gives the power plant the flexibility to scale up as demand increases.

Inefficiencies is just too much on the current Nigerian transmission lines. It is a mammoth project for the government to overhaul the transmission sector. Investors are not even incentivised to try to come in. The private distribution companies are running at a loss and this is why they cheat their customers

Fashola should be proactive on this. Nigeria needs a drastic change and detour from the status quo.

(1) (Reply)

LeedPay Nairaland Customers Support / CBN Orders Banks To Publish All Forex Transactions On FMDQ / 60 Million Nigerians Don’t Have Bank Accounts-report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.