Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? (3053 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Did Messi Deserve The World Cup Golden Ball? / Predict The Caf 2012 Nations Cup Matches. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by nestaAK(m): 7:04pm On Mar 21, 2010
as it was robbed of aboutrieka, okocha,drogba,eto
the problem is caf confused set of people the nff will never have given that award to drogba
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by Smi1(m): 9:15pm On Mar 21, 2010
it's a big shame towards CAF, they ain't doing anything better i simply believe et'o deserve the award more than whiner Drogba embarassed embarassed
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by denny4ril: 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2010
wink to me, drogba is a great player
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by snj: 4:34am On Mar 22, 2010
Drogba did nothing to deserve the award. ETo o  Worked harder in the season/year in question(2009) and deserved to be crowned, i think, its just a payback of what happened between Eto o and Okocha some years back.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by gidson12(m): 5:16am On Mar 22, 2010
No b 2day CAF has always been playin' politics with this thing
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by sayso: 7:16am On Mar 22, 2010
no
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by Meldrick(m): 8:08am On Mar 22, 2010
yes!!!! he is surely the best for now.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by kehindebad(m): 10:10am On Mar 22, 2010
Hmmmm, i used to be a chelsea fan, well till we lost to Inter Milan cheesy
I'd say No, Drogba didn't deserve it at all,
which calls into question the voting process,
i'd really want to ask the voters why they decided Drogba deserved the award and not Eto,
It's either bad belle or its another Drogba, lol grin
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by gentlegg(m): 12:23pm On Mar 22, 2010
People and their myopic sentiments. The award was not given by anybody, is a result of collective vote. CAF is bullshit, CAF is mad, Caf is that, and you CAFless nairalander is superb.

You guys are simply exhibiting your hatred for Drogba/Chelsea.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by Olaolufred(m): 1:45pm On Mar 22, 2010
Chelsea is a great Team.
One of the players i respect most in Africa is Drogba.
But, we must say the truth without sentiments.
I complained against robbing Drogba for Kanoute.
It won't be wrong if the truth is spoken.
Eto is the winner, but CAF had only do what they know how to do best.
Robbing one player to pay another.
No wonder all CAF decisions are lop-sided. more of spiritual than scientific.
Togo should know that CAF is a body with mentally derailed heads.
Nonsence Body.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by Rastamann: 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2010
Wetin be your problem with this. He plays well in his club and make his money playing good football and CAF said he was the best in Africa, so wetin be your own? Oh, is it because Essien did not win it and Ghana president was not happy with that. Leff mata, Drogba has won it and by implication he is the best in Africa.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by mrkoma2012: 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2010
no
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by Vuitton(m): 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2010
CAPITAL NO

CAF IS A BIG DISGRACE!
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by olaolaking: 12:58am On Mar 24, 2010
The funny thing is that all the people that agree with CAf have not said why they choose DD. They should be able to defend it than just to "say yes or no"'
Cant you see that that yisa Hayaotu is a mumu by mere looking at him?
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by KKO2: 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2010
Thanks for the answers i need more.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by KKO2: 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2010
Thanks for the answers i need more.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by ZINNIAS: 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2010
Drogba hmmm,
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by arogbowei: 11:45pm On Mar 28, 2010
How can Drogba emerge ahead of Samuel Etoo Fills? na wuruwuru arrangement, the type that has kept Africa down the ladder of development. Etoo Fills is my Africa footballer of the year.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by camerounG(f): 11:57pm On Mar 28, 2010
hi all,  
       thanks for the topic if u ask me wether Drogba deserved the award or not? i will say it depends on the criteria. cos from the look of things it seems some of the criteria for this year were about looks u know since D.D keeps long hair, and relaxes it with dark ang lovely relaxer, which eto'o doesent do. and DD's hair dresser probably  the wife to one of those funny coaches who do the voting.  so they decided that eto'o has faild in that aspect so why should he deserve that award.

Cos thats the only thing DD is more thant eto'o cry kiss kiss
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by Katsumoto: 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2010
HELL NO

Etoo should have won it but the award is giving by CAF who has shown several times in the past that, politics plays a role deciding the winner.
Okocha was the best African in 1998, yet CAF gave it to Hadji
Okocha was the best in 1994, yet CAF gave it to Etoo
Kanoute was not the best when he won it
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by KKO2: 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2010
Thanks for all the contributions i appreciate.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by chidichris(m): 11:46am On Apr 11, 2010
i dont think so. no chelsea player deserve any award!
@wicth411,
u will make more sense keeping quiet rather than exposing how timid and retarded u can be.

@topic,
caf is a very confused organisation led by the worst sets of being alive.
many unreasonable decissions but if we have to take all that, we have to take this one as well.
drogba even if he was not the best last season, he still shld be among the best.
if caf and its awards are about african talents, whatever happens to our home grown talents?
the disolution of the present caf exco will do african football good.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by JIjaya: 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2010
I see"most of dem who criticize drogba ar manutd fans,and notin u pple can do,afterall we ve bitten u down home and away so keep ur mouth shut and dont portray king didier drogba name recklessly,its his time.Bleep u all.
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by JIjaya: 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2010
I see"most of dem who criticize drogba ar manutd fans,and notin u pple can do,afterall we ve bitten u down home and away so keep ur mouth shut and dont portray king didier drogba name recklessly,its his time.Bleep u all.Chelsea will lift da premire as we flog man u and lifted da shield cup,so we will also lift da f.A cup
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by KKO2: 4:57pm On May 04, 2010
Thank you all for your answers
Re: Did Dider Drogba Deserve The CAF Award? by olaolaking: 12:52am On Sep 13, 2010
I never seen Drogba been rubed for Kanoute. Kanoute won a trophy (EUFA) which was bigger than any of DD at that season

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor T.b Joshua Predicts Dat Spain Wil Beat Nigeria 8-0 / Come In Let's Make Money. / Ronaldo In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.