Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,899 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Learn Easy Rules Of Wining Investors Over For Small Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Learn Easy Rules Of Wining Investors Over For Small Business (310 Views)

Read This To Learn Easy Way To Get Urgent 100k / Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business / Learn Easy And Faster Way To Write A Good Business Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn Easy Rules Of Wining Investors Over For Small Business by Knight0777(m): 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
Are you looking ways of wining investors over for your small business? Do you feel you can increase the odd your startup business if you get more people to believe in your business dream? If YES, read on to learn easy rules of winning investors over for small business in Nigeria.

In this article, you will learn how to discover your business personality, make investors to believe in your business and easy rules of wining investors. So, let’s get started.

http://www.businessideasinnigeria.com/wining-investors-over-small-business/

When I was starting out my business consultancy firm in 2011, i had only one mission in mind; to help genuinely small business owners and startup entrepreneurs in Nigeria (my potential clients) grow without compromising my integrity and values. That sounds like a strong words coming from a business owner whose goal should be wining investors over for his small business, especially when I quite understand that in Nigeria, your business success might be tied to who you know. Ask me what I do? I believe there is a room for me even if the business niche has been saturated. All it will take is for me to get people believe in my dream. Guess what, I was able to do just that. How exactly? Well, I follow this model and you can too.
Match your entrepreneurial personality with your business

Your personality is a strong factor in determining whether your business succeed in the long run or not. That’s exactly why you must strive to match business opportunities with your business. It’s certain that if your personality matches your business, such business will run smoothly and naturally.

As a startup entrepreneur who plans of wining investors over, you must present yourself as someone who can succeed naturally. Remember, every entrepreneur is different and if you can determine what makes you unique, and then you have an edge. How could you do this? Invest in your personal development.

Personally, I will like you to see this assignment as a personal SWOT analysis. This will help you to realize who you are as a person and what is required of you by your business. Only this can guaranty your business success.

In my own case, I have attended a lot of personal development sessions delivered by foremost authorities in the industry and that has helped me in realizing that helping entrepreneurs with their business strategies matches perfectly with my personality type.
Make investors to believe in your business

You plan wining investors over for your startup business in Nigeria? Start believing in your business now! Nobody knows your business like you do and no one will believe in it unless they know you do too. It’s only logical right? So, how would you make investors believe in your small business? The best away to convince your investors is to have these three key ingredients in place as a single package. They are:

Your Personality: I have just explained this up above. Your personality is who you truly are and irrespective of how you try to adapt in the business environment, your personality will give you up. If you want investors to believe in your business, they must see that you have the charisma to succeed.
Your niche market: I have always said this to my clients; your identified business opportunities must uniquely serve the need of some people or business. Without this, no one needs your beautiful brand and truly, investors don’t care too. The pronounced attitude of Nigerian investors is “what’s in it for me?” but truly, that applies to other investors too. So, the best way to make investors believe in your dream is to validate your business opportunity by showing them that you have hit a ‘goldmine’ in term of unique opportunity recognition. All this could be neatly expressed for an investor in your UPS.
Their easy way out: No investors in Nigeria want to lose his hard earn money. They are aware of dynamism of business environment and its risks so they would be a little bit skeptical unless make them feel comfortable investing their money in your business otherwise they are better off keeping their money somewhere safer. The best way to do this is to anticipate the investors “what if questions”. What if the business fails? What if you sell the business? What if there is a harsh legislation?

If you can honestly answer these concerns, wining investors for small for your business will be easy for you.
Easy rules of wining investors over for your small business

In the beginning of this article, I promised you that I will you will learn easy rules of winning investors over for your small business. So, let’s quickly read through other easy ways through which you can win investors. Remember, these aren’t set in the stone rules, they are just simple initiatives that works

Be first to introduce yourself to your potential investors.
Be sure you get the potential investor get your name right and you can pronounce his name properly. Nothing pisses investors off like an entrepreneur without attention to details.
Make a cold call to your investors to show them you really need them. You can do this through phone call, letter or email.
Massage their ego. Yes, you heard me right! Make them feel important as they truly are to your business even if not to you. You can do this by saying pleasant things about them even though in a natural way.

http://www.businessideasinnigeria.com/wining-investors-over-small-business/

I have met several people who have missed wonderful business opportunities in Nigeria only because they felt they have no money or because they are in debt. If you are among those people and you have read this article, I believe you are now well position for winning investors over for your small business, just go ahead and take the bold step and everything will fall in line. If you find this article helpful, you might also want to read how to register your business in Nigeria and easy ways for small business to get funds in Nigeria. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter for wonderful business insights and ideas.

I also blog on almost everything relating to human knowledge here: http://www.listngist.com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

LIRS Closes Seven Eagles Spur, 10 More Hotels & Restaurants For Tax Evasion / Discover The Most Important Things Every Aspiring Entrepreneur Must Know / Top 6 Reasons Why Affiliate Marketing Is Very Good To Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.