Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,607 members, 7,816,507 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Help Me Out Of This Error Message On My Pc - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me Out Of This Error Message On My Pc (892 Views)

How To Fix Windows 7 Not Genuine Error-“copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine" / How To Make Computer Welcome You With A Voice Message On Startup. / Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out Of This Error Message On My Pc by onyegbula(m): 5:08pm On Feb 21, 2007
Please can anyone help me out of this problem?.
when my system tries to boot it comes up with a blue screen with a lot of comments, not even allowing to boot from safe mode. this blue screen messages comes like this.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down
to prevent damage on your computer.
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart
your computer. if this screen appears again follow these steps.

check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
, & so on,

Technical information
*** STOP:0x000000ED(0x812C1E30, 0xC0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000

thats the kinda message i am
Re: Help Me Out Of This Error Message On My Pc by twinstaiye(m): 5:23pm On Feb 21, 2007
probably a virus
Re: Help Me Out Of This Error Message On My Pc by Cactus(m): 5:30pm On Feb 21, 2007
its not a virus hardware conflict or damaged file system I have had similar problems whereby i plugged in a usb device and unplugged my computer without shutting down.

I used the DAMAGED FILE SYSTEM solution to resolve my problems try it

If your pc is not working properly doesnt mean it is affected by a virus, trojan etc

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297185

copied from microsoft.com solution from the above link

Damaged File System
If the second parameter (0xbbbbbbbb) of the Stop error is 0xC0000032, then the file system is damaged.

If this is the case, restart the computer to the Recovery Console, and then use the chkdsk /r command to repair the volume. After you repair the volume, check your hardware to isolate the cause of the file system damage.

To do this, use the following steps:
1. Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.
2. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
4. Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do so.

NOTE: If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, on the drive where Windows is installed, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.
6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to restart your computer.For additional information about how to use the Recovery Console in Windows XP, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
314058 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058/EN-US/) Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console
If this procedure does not work, repeat it and use the fixboot command in step 5 instead of the chkdsk /r command.

(1) (Reply)

Yahoo Instant Msg / My Laptop Does Not Come On Sometimes After It Badly Shutdown. They Say Its A Software Problem.who Kn / Mtn Browsing 4 Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.