Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

We Paid 233,000 Euros To Evans To Free My Brother - Witness - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Paid 233,000 Euros To Evans To Free My Brother - Witness (936 Views)

Court Orders Evans To Refund €233,000, N50Million ransom To Abducted Victim / Abba Kyari Reacts To Evans' Torture Claim / I Paid Evans 223,000 Euros As Ransom – Witness Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Paid 233,000 Euros To Evans To Free My Brother - Witness by lekanolas: 9:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
In one swoop, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly called Evans, could make as much as 233,000 Euros from his victims.

That was what the witness in a case bordering on conspiracy and kidnapping brought against him by the government told a court in Lagos State.

The trial of the suspected 'billionaire' kidnapper resumed on Friday after the Lagos High Court in Lagos, Ikeja area, quashed a case he filed to stop that trial from happening.

Witnesses have started testifying against the man, whose arrest was celebrated, some months back.

The prosecution called its first witness, Duna Ausalau, a trader at the Trade Fair Complex, Lagos.

He told the court that he was the elder brother of Duna Donatus, who was allegedly kidnapped by Evans' gang on February 17, 2017.

"Donatus was kidnapped in his office in Ilupeju around 8:00 p.m," he said, as he narrated his brother's ordeal in the hands of the kidnappers.

He told the court that after his brother was taken, he was instructed by Donatus to close his account and use the money to pay for his release.

He said his brother asked him to look for 100 million Naira to settle his kidnappers.

"We told him we could only raise 20 million Naira.

"After that time, I received several calls, with the kidnappers threatening to kill my brother if the family does not bring 1 million Euros," he said, highlighting that demand had increased, with the currency changed.

According to him, threats kept coming from the kidnappers, forcing the family to agree to the initial 100 million Naira demand.

But the kidnappers insisted on 1 million Euros.

"We were able to raise 233,000 Euros and on April 12, my family agreed to pay the ransom," Ausalau, told the court.

After the ransom was paid, his brother was released.

He also stated that the 4th defendant, Chuks Nwachukwu, gave Evans details about his brother.

After the first witness gave an accounts of what transpired, Evan's counsel sought for an adjournment of the trial to enable him cross-examine the first witness.

His appeal was granted by the judge, Justice Hakeem Oshodi, and the case was adjourned until 17 November.

http://news.bounce.ng/Content/bounceexclusive-we-paid-233000-euros-to-evans-to-free-my-brother-witness-20171103

Re: We Paid 233,000 Euros To Evans To Free My Brother - Witness by Sunofgod(m): 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
Ok
Re: We Paid 233,000 Euros To Evans To Free My Brother - Witness by lordm(m): 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
I need think of my career choice again
Re: We Paid 233,000 Euros To Evans To Free My Brother - Witness by favourmic(m): 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
just one bullet for don stop all this evans problem again
Re: We Paid 233,000 Euros To Evans To Free My Brother - Witness by uboma(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2017
lordm:
I need think of my career choice again

Lol.

Remember you will end up like Evans if you choose to tow his path.

Crime does not pay. Hard work carried out legitimately pays far better....

(1) (Reply)

Man Cries Out As Soldier Brutalises His Daughter In Abuja,calls Her Harlot(pics) / Man And His Friends Allegedly Beat Girlfriend For Not Giving Him Money (Photos) / Ritualist Slay Queen Exposed By Her Maid, See Fetish Things See Possessed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.