Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" (39323 Views)

Baba Fryo: Davido Shunned Me In My Time Of Need But Donated N250m To Orphanages / Onyeka Onwenu Celebrates Her 69th Birthday (throwback & Recent Photos) / Onyeka Onwenu: Why I Rejected Fela’s Marriage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by ElsonMorali: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2017
bakynes:

She didn't have anything to do with Shina Peters o, it was Clarion Chukwura that had Clearance Peters(the music video director) for Shina Peters. Onyeka Onwenu and King Sunny Ade were lovers in the 80's .

Yeah, That's right. All these hoes sef and somebody will be having respect for them. undecided
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by sisisioge: 10:10am On Nov 04, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Can I disagree with you dear? undecided

Sure...howdy? I've met her twice before and she was nice albeit aloof. She's been in the business for over 40 years and probably seen the worst of paparazzi and overzealous fans. She defo went overboard by being so publicly hostile though.

I was once at an event where I had to serve Omotola Jalade something, the babe looked at me like I was bunkers...she obviously forgot to say no nicely. Anyways, I forgave her and concluded that she's not a drop dead beauty after all wink
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by talk2percy(m): 10:18am On Nov 04, 2017
I no even kmow what is so special about her. I wouldn't pay 30 naira to watch her show. I no know werin she dey feel like sef

1 Like

Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by edo3(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2017
She was crying foul when buhari removed her.
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by Bababillioniare: 10:20am On Nov 04, 2017
[/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]
GloriaNinja:
undecided HMM SO SHE EVEN HAVE FANS FOLLOWING HER AROUND, THAT OLD HAG THAT I CAN EVEN SPIT ON. THAT'S WHAT ASS-LICKING CAUSES.
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by abbeyty(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2017
This girl making noise now must have been doing worse to her own fans, even though she has reached oyenka length yet.
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by BluntBoy(m): 10:28am On Nov 04, 2017
We are wired differently. Some people do not like the invasion of their private spaces. Onyeka must have seen Aramide's innocent gesture as an invasion of her private space, hence, the "Don't touch me!" outburst. Aramide is a Yoruba girl and I think she must have approached Onyeka like a well-trained Yoruba girl (with respectful smiles and familiarity) but Onyeka misunderstood this gesture and felt her private space was about to be breached.

Now to Onyeka, I think she needs to work on her manners and to be extremely conscious too, of people's feelings. The two times I have met her did not leave good impressions of her at all. Unlike Aramide, I will not lose my respect for her yet because I am somebody who gives people benefit of the doubt. All the times I have met Onyeka, she was always looking moody and unapproachable. Same goes with Funke Akindele. I know they are human beings and are very busy people who can get tired and frustrated with the excessive attention they get when in a public place, but they can learn how to be at least a little patient and diplomatic and a little less offhanded in their interactions with fans.

Also, unlike Aramide, I was not the one that got embarrassed. I thank God for the type of person I am. Celebrities don't freak me and there had never been the urge to drool or want pictures every time I came across one.

3 Likes

Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by abbeyty(m): 10:29am On Nov 04, 2017
sisisioge:

Sure...howdy? I've met her twice before and she was nice albeit aloof. She's been in the business for over 40 decades and probably seen the worst of paparazzi and overzealous fans. She defo went overboard by being so publicly hostile though.

I was once at an event where I had to serve Omotola Jalade something, the babe looked at me like I was bunkers...she obviously forgot to say no nicely. Anyways, I forgave her and concluded that she's not a drop dead beauty after all wink

40 decades ? hope you meant 4 decades
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by serenegroup(m): 10:30am On Nov 04, 2017
That's why anytime I see any celebrity in the airport or anywhere I just respect my self. I will just look at them and that's enough. I can only go as far as waving at them which only happened when I waved at emeka ike
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by sisisioge: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2017
abbeyty:

40 decades ? hope you meant 4 decades

grin grin grin grin grin grin 400 yrs ni. I meant 4 decades.
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by Damfostopper(m): 10:42am On Nov 04, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided HMM SO SHE EVEN HAVE FANS FOLLOWING HER AROUND, THAT OLD HAG THAT I CAN EVEN SPIT ON. THAT'S WHAT ASS-LICKING CAUSES.
she looks fresher than Yu ....if ur d one on that dp....

BTW.... ur brain is full of relaxer

Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by amunkita(m): 10:44am On Nov 04, 2017
nnamdiokere45:
pls b specific. household name of d 90's

I am sure we re not in the 90's now yet we all know her...
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by BluntBoy(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2017
serenegroup:
That's why anytime I see any celebrity in the airport or anywhere I just respect my self. I will just look at them and that's enough. I can only go as far as waving at them which only happened when I waved at emeka ike

That is the safest thing to do if one hopes to avoid embarrassment. Some of those celebs who play nice roles in movies or whose songs make us happy may have some of the worst characters in real life or may be in a bad mood at the time of us encountering them.

1 Like

Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by hardon1(m): 10:45am On Nov 04, 2017
shut up jor, i dont even know who is aramide sef. There is no celebrity who has not shun one or two persons before. There is no way u can give audience to all of ur fans who ask for selfie or authographs. The so callled aramide cannot exempt herself.
Celebrities are human beings pls
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by amunkita(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2017
ElsonMorali:

And that's the reason why she should be shunned?

There's No excuse to treat people like crap. None.

She may be a household name but so also is Abacha and Saraki.

This is africa, it's not all stranger u allow contact with..
If u re working, you would know ur favorite boss is not alwayz ur favorite some dayz...

Lastly, it's easy to judge a man in a glass house from a hut.....
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by wingmanII: 10:59am On Nov 04, 2017
GloriaNinja:
Hope you know she is somebody's mother? If they call your mum an old hag now you start wailing for Mods.
Better behave yourself.

1 Like

Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by nnokwa042(m): 11:09am On Nov 04, 2017
GloriaNinja:
may amadioha deport ur smelling mouth to sambisa forest angry MKO abiola once slapped me at event will i abuse him now?can't Igbo people drink water and keep cup with peace
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by nnokwa042(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2017
GavelSlam:
You guys should ask Onyeka why she promoted Abacha for civilian / life president.
you guys should ask why did kudirat abiolas driver sacrificed her to abacha
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by Dasherz(f): 11:17am On Nov 04, 2017
BluntBoy:

That is the safest thing to do if one hopes to avoid embarrassment. Some of those celebs who play nice roles in movies or whose songs make us happy may have some of the worst characters in real life or may be in a bad mood at the time of us encountering them.

sp when I become a celebrity cheesy .. you won't want ma autograph? embarassed embarassed
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by Threebear(m): 11:24am On Nov 04, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Yeah, That's right. All these hoes sef and somebody will be having respect for them. undecided
So having a lover makes her a LovePeddler?
Do you even know the meaning of that word?
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by kushsy: 11:26am On Nov 04, 2017
most of the m ( celebrity's ) are like..I met her once at the airport departure lounge...all alone sitting far off from everyone and the flight was delayed with all the waiting she never raise her head up...she just glued to the paper she was reading... and for Joke ..people said she is nice but I experienced the other side of being nice with her
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by Skmoda360(m): 11:30am On Nov 04, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
Onyeka owenu issa love peddler.
how you take sabi?
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by BluntBoy(m): 11:32am On Nov 04, 2017
Dasherz:

sp when I become a celebrity cheesy .. you won't want ma autograph? embarassed embarassed

cheesy

What will be the assurance that you won't snub me cheesy
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by teefeh25(f): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2017
BruncleZuma:
Please who is this Aramide? Is she an orange or tomato like Toyin Tomatoes?

she's a pretty musician
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by Dasherz(f): 11:38am On Nov 04, 2017
BluntBoy:

cheesy

What will be the assurance that you won't snub me cheesy

who will have the guts to snub bluntboy? lemme see such a person!!!
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by BluntBoy(m): 11:41am On Nov 04, 2017
Dasherz:

who will have the guts to snub bluntboy? lemme see such a person!!!
grin You are mocking me, abi? Kontinu, you hear?
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by joxxy01(m): 11:41am On Nov 04, 2017
Lets call a spade a spade. What oyeka did was bad and very embarasing its called pride. To me shez average nd notin special abt her, bigger younger celebrity that are making wave around the world are down to earth to their fans not to talk of a aged an old fashion celebrity... Aramide is stil young and up coming and can meet up with modern celebrities, let he keep working hard and sooner she wil become a house hold name.
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by Dasherz(f): 11:43am On Nov 04, 2017
BluntBoy:

I will never mock my bluntboy na embarassed embarassed you want Mhizz to kill me?
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Even Me, last year she visited My father and I offered her kpomo but she declined and shunned Me.
Nonsense.
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by Dasherz(f): 11:47am On Nov 04, 2017
BluntBoy:

what if I saved the ... ? wink wink hi

1 Like

Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by teefeh25(f): 11:48am On Nov 04, 2017
BluntBoy:

i swear down (i knw dis is nothing compared 2 wat aramide encountered)...i used 2 love indians nd dier movies,i ivn went as far as memorizing their national anthem,buh d time i went to work at celplas,nd d indian ogas showed me their characters..i knew wat was wat!!
Re: Aramide: "I Lost My Respect For Onyeka Onwenu After She Shunned Me At An Event" by BluntBoy(m): 11:49am On Nov 04, 2017
Dasherz:

what if I saved the ... ? wink wink hi

You are free grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zlatan Reveals He's Joining The Baby Daddy Club In 2020, Come Rain Come Sunshine / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde & Daughter, Meraiah, Celebrate Their 19th & 41st Birthday / Bbnaija: Ex-housemate Gifty Appreciates Her Fans In First Post After Eviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.