Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test (31552 Views)

Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers / Kaduna Sacks 233 Teachers Over Fake Certificates, Insists On Competency Test / Kaduna Teachers’ Competency Test: The Untold Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Lanretoye(m): 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
those 75% won't even meet up in lagos.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Originalsly: 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2017
Chartey:
A social studies teacher that was given secondary school mathematics questions to answer will likely fail. He/she solved those things last about 20 to 30 years ago. Let's be honest.
A few weeks back, I attempted some simple geometry and I fumbled a lot before getting the correct answer because I'd forgotten all the principles. I had an A in WASSCE Gen Maths.
Even El-Rufai will fail this exam.
The teachers only NEED to know the subjects they teach very well.
I agree there are some teachers who are not fit for the job but what do you expect when the profession is the least remunerated in the country.
Government should pay teachers well and see the profession become competitive.
That's true to a certain extent.... but maybe the test was basic stuff any teacher ought to know.....basic grammar and comprehension. ...spelling ....math and general knowledge. There should be a cut off point...and if I it's 75%...then so be it. Those not making the grade should be given a year to get up to speed or be kicked out the system. ....wayyyy too many teachers filling the children's heads with rubbish.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by castrol180(m): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
agarawu23:
All these govt schools is filled up with olodo teachers, they hardly attend classes. All they do is to gossip in the staff room

Ok!
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by ayokellany: 2:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
HAH:
This is sad, I wonder where elrufai will get good teachers with 25k he pays them monthly, the best he could have done is sending them for training. And please what kind of exam that 70% is pass mark.

Most of the people that he will sack are family owners this will affects the entire family, politically this is suicide as there will be backlash come 2019

At times I just find lots of opinion insane on NL. I mean you want Elrufai to train this incompetent teachers who will later come to ask for wage increase n end up holding the state to ransom if not granted. Why can they not source fund for their training n reapply when they have the perquisite qualifications. Why must the government be responsible for that ? Do they work free for the government ?

One more thing you can as well employ all the delisted incompetent teachers and start paying them N200,000 monthly instead of the N25,000 Elrufia pays.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by WiseFool2(m): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
abdelrahman:
i wonder what those teachers will teach the children.
Just same way you are starting a sentence with a small letter.

Just imagine you were a class teacher like them.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2017
WiseFool2:
Im fool.
You cant imagine that im fool.
hmmm i seeee.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
So you cannot read? It says PRIMARY school and not secondary school.

Primary school teachers usually teach ALL subjects (except french and music)... learn to read before rushing to comment.

Chartey:
A social studies teacher that was given secondary school mathematics questions to answer will likely fail. He/she solved those things last about 20 to 30 years ago. Let's be honest.
A few weeks back, I attempted some simple geometry and I fumbled a lot before getting the correct answer because I'd forgotten all the principles. I had an A in WASSCE Gen Maths.
I agree there are some teachers who are not fit for the job but what do you expect when the profession is the least remunerated in the country.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by MyMouth(m): 3:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
I wish the federal government can carryout this exercise in our tertiary institutions! Am sure many of those sadist lecturers would fail grin
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
so instead of retraining the teachers, he wants to sack 20000 people, el rufai is extremely inhumane, i pray its him that will be sacked for his incompetence by the peop of kaduna,evil vile abomination
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Memories12411: 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
One of my classmates who cannot speak English is a teacher in Bauchi. I always wonder what she teaches the children. I wish Bauchi state government will conduct such a test.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by habsydiamond(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
wetin olodo teacher won offer pikin pass make he pour the odo for him brain to different pikins dem. olodo go come dey plenty for town...
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by mapet: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2017
Chartey:

This is how some of make ridiculous statements and arguments that beggars logic. If you call yourself a teacher, what competence will be assessed? Is it not your competence to do the job you're employed to do that should be tested?

What is our business with your own shortcomings? If you like get zero in geometry, who cares! People put their children in school to learn, and the people to impart knowledge are abysmally poor...... and you are not concerned?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by mapet: 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
GODAKPAN:
it is assume that they were fit at the point of employment and its the responsibility of employers to retrain their staff as decay and complacency sets in at the long run. Am only asking the govt to own up to the decay process and redress it rather than sacking. Except there is more to it.

I am seeing too many twisted logic today. So how should he own up and redress the decay, if I may ask? He should keep incompetent teachers to keep teaching innocent kids? and do what exactly?
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Beetobee(f): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
daniel5711:
It is my desire that those he will recruit are also competent enough, because the young and vibrant youths he want to employ some have nothing to offer, because some do come to me to help them write application. I am an indegene of Kaduna state, i will apply for the teaching job. I have the passion to teach children. Lastly, it will be better for those that failed the test to go on compulsory retirement rather than sacking them.

Teacher "indegene" what would you score yourself?
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
mapet:

I am seeing too many twisted logic today. So how should he own up and redress the decay, if I may ask? He should keep incompetent teachers to keep teaching innocent kids? and do what exactly?

train and retrain them, was the said exam after a lecture or was an impromptu event? exams are never true knowledge of an individual. is he going to recall all students that passed thru the said teachers? in sane clime, his govt would be sued for wasting peoples future by recruiting unfit teachers. things r not only done to score political points. nobody is completely daft, just retrain those teachers and test them, if they fail u can fire. my post stated that its his responsibility to train his personnel after employment. he deemed them fit before employing them, meaning the decay only happened under his watch because of mismanagement of the system.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by mapet: 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2017
Rubbish! So the excuse to keep incompetent people is to train and retrain them? I wonder what is value to people like you. What training if I may ask? They failed an exam that students in good schools will pass for God's sake.

Ideally competency tests should be your gateway into the job. That's why in some countries, you cannot teach children if you have not passed the certification test
GODAKPAN:

train and retrain them, was the said exam after a lecture or was an impromptu event? exams are never true knowledge of an individual. is he going to recall all students that passed thru the said teachers? in sane clime, his govt would be sued for wasting peoples future by recruiting unfit teachers. things r not only done to score political points. nobody is completely daft, just retrain those teachers and test them, if they fail u can fire. my post stated that its his responsibility to train his personnel after employment. he deemed them fit before employing them, meaning the decay only happened under his watch because of mismanagement of the system.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2017
mapet:
Rubbish! So the excuse to keep incompetent people is to train and retrain them? I wonder what is value to people like you. What training if I may ask? They failed an exam that students in good schools will pass for God's sake.

Ideally competency tests should be your gateway into the job. That's why in some countries, you cannot teach children if you have not passed the certification test

dont tell me that he goes about employing incompetent people? they were competent, thats what gave them the job. how he measured their competence is his biz. all jobs needs retraining and its captured in the budget. i wonder what u do but i want to ask if uv never be sent on a training by ur employer because the concept of training and retraining is sounding strange to u. am only asking him to retrain his employess as its evident that decay has set in. and who is deceiving him that those that scored 75% are competent?
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by mapet: 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
GODAKPAN:

dont tell me that he goes about employing incompetent people? they were competent, thats what gave them the job. how he measured their competence is his biz. all jobs needs retraining and its captured in the budget. i wonder what u do but i want to ask if uv never be sent on a training by ur employer because the concept of training and retraining is sounding strange to u. am only asking him to retrain his employess as its evident that decay has set in. and who is deceiving him that those that scored 75% are competent?

That is precisely why El-Rufai is management and you on NL.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2017
mapet:

That is precisely why El-Rufai is management and you on NL.

can u please modify for easy comprehension before u fire me like hell rufai want do
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Chartey(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
NubiLove:
So you cannot read? It says PRIMARY school and not secondary school.

Primary school teachers usually teach ALL subjects (except french and music)... learn to read before rushing to comment.

There's nowhere in the story where the nature of the exam was stated.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Chartey(m): 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2017
mapet:

This is how some of make ridiculous statements and arguments that beggars logic. If you call yourself a teacher, what competence will be assessed? Is it not your competence to do the job you're employed to do that should be tested?

What is our business with your own shortcomings? If you like get zero in geometry, who cares! People put their children in school to learn, and the people to impart knowledge are abysmally poor...... and you are not concerned?
Because an English teacher failed an exam filled with maths and current affairs doesn't mean she can't teach her English well.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by kanta15: 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
This is just a scam to put his olodo people jn d teaching sector, I tell you the truth he will not do it honestly.
He himself should be sacked because he has failed in his duties too
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
The Exam is for primary school teachers... the difficulty level of a competency test for primary school teachers is less than that for secondary school teachers and way less than that for tertiary institution lecturers!

This test is similar to what former Gov. Oshimole of Edo state did for primary school teachers.

Competency test for primary school teachers is NOT going to be "secondary school mathematics questions" ... according to your initial comment.

Kaduna state government has released names of Primary school teachers who scored at least 75 per cent in the competency test.

Chartey:
There's nowhere in the story where the nature of the exam was stated.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by HAH: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2017
ayokellany:
At times I just find lots of opinion insane on NL. I mean you want Elrufai to train this incompetent teachers who will later come to ask for wage increase n end up holding the state to ransom if not granted. Why can they not source fund for their training n reapply when they have the perquisite qualifications. Why must the government be responsible for that ? Do they work free for the government ?

One more thing you can as well employ all the delisted incompetent teachers and start paying them N200,000 monthly instead of the N25,000 Elrufia pays.
you obviously are a frustrated fellow to have responded to a simple opinion like this and taking it so personally with me just because i expressed my view on a public forum. Please take it easy on yourself
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by Gamesmart: 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
HAH:
This is sad, I wonder where elrufai will get good teachers with 25k he pays them monthly, the best he could have done is sending them for training. And please what kind of exam that 70% is pass mark.

Most of the people that he will sack are family owners this will affects the entire family, politically this is suicide as there will be backlash come 2019

With your grammar, one can guess you were taught by teachers that would fail exams like this and you liked them.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by esherizdan(f): 9:06am On Nov 06, 2017
GODAKPAN:

On point.
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by esherizdan(f): 9:08am On Nov 06, 2017
Chartey:

Because an English teacher failed an exam filled with maths and current affairs doesn't mean she can't teach her English well.
Oh yes dear.i love dat
Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by cozyfbaby: 9:14am On Nov 06, 2017
ASUU May Go On Strike As FG Linger With Union-Read Details

ASUU mat go on strike as fresh strike is lingering around Nigeria Universities as the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) holds its National Executive Council (NEC) meeting this week.

The NEC, which is the highest decision making body of the union, is to review Federal governments implementation of the Memorandum of Action (MoA) it signed with the union before it suspended its strike a few months ago.

Read more here http://www.naijatrending.com.ng/education/ASUU-may-go-strike-fg-linger-union-read-details/

Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by HAH: 9:49am On Nov 06, 2017
Gamesmart:

With your grammar, one can guess you were taught by teachers that would fail exams like this and you liked them.
I went through your profile, what i saw is a frustrated nonentity vending his anger online, Dan iska marakunya,

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by yinkazubii(m): 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
This is really sad... El rufai is only looking for ways to lay off teachers in the state.. pls pple without facts should jus keep quite.. After more than 20 different verifications done for these same set of teachers without getting Wat he wanted, He came up with the idea of laying off all teachers recruited within 2009 nd below. Dat also did not work out well for him.. El rufai nd his group went on a round table meeting discussing on how dey can drastically reduce d number of teachers in d state, dey came up wit d plan of setting exam for dem.. Within dis periods salary was not paid to teachers on a regular basis....They wrote d first exam nd majority of dem passed ..The governor was not satisfied with d result nd another exam was conducted and dis time around he was satisfied with d result saying more than 70% of dem failed ... D result dey released have names of people dat passed d exam nd are dead dat Neva in d first place wrote d exam... Pls how sure are we dat d exam dey wrote was marked.. please I advice pple to get facts b4 posting any comment nd not jus supporting government blindly. pls let's not forget dat during one of d verification, some teachers lost dia lives during a bomb blast attack at d venue of d verification center in zaria.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Releases List Of Teachers Who Scored 75% In Competency Test by daniel5711: 4:23am On Nov 15, 2021
Beetobee:

Teacher "indegene" what would you score yourself?
i greet you, prof. SOYINKA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foreign Students: UK Varsities May Fall Into Deficit, Says Report / See The Bad State Of University Of Abuja Boys Hostel (Graphic Pictures) / Landmark University, Omu Aran Library (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.