Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss (25612 Views)

After $1bn Drop, Nigeria May Suffer Further Decline In FX Inflows – PWC / Check Out 7 Nigeria Banks That Operate Zero Accounts / Banks That Accept Voters Card For Account Opening! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by agabusta: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
YourWife:

Its savings cry

Go to them and complain, there is definitely a mixed up somewhere. I hope its not a hybrid account that has feature of both current and savings?

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by YourWife(f): 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
Mcowubaba:

some of this banks are thieves, I have one account in one of the yeye banks, which I don't really use, but yet they still charge me N100-N300 for sms charge
when no credit alert or debit is made in a whole month. No sms is received.
This last month (October), I made Zero transactions on that account, but yet I received sms charge

Welcome to FCMB! I make a total of 54 transactions, and I'm billed 540 as SMS charges. I wonder what the other sms are.
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by YourWife(f): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
agabusta:

Go to them and complain, there is definitely a mixed up somewhere. I hope its not a hybrid account that has feature of both current and savings?
Hybrid again? I ain't got such accounts oo..
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Damfostopper(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
mention the banks and stop saying Nonnsense

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by YourWife(f): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
agabusta:

Oga you are not the only one that have savings account. I have multiple savings and current accounts across different banks that I monitor the inflow and outflow on a regular basis. It is only the current accounts that are being charged stamp duty charges.

If you have a savings account being charged stamp duty charges, then go and complain.

Stamp duty charges are not supposed to be applied to savings account.

I will goan complain on Monday!
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Mcowubaba: 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
YourWife:

Welcome to FCMB! I make a total of 54 transactions, and I'm billed 540 as SMS charges. I wonder what the other sms are.
54 transactions, you're probably charged N10 per sms. Which is very unreasonable angry angry.

My case is that, I made NO transactions in a whole month on that particular account, yet I was debited N120.

BTW, you make a lot of transactions, 54 transactions is much on my side, anyway I don't really know the details/reasons of your transactions, some people do more.
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Coldfeets: 4:57pm On Nov 04, 2017
YourWife:
Pls I hope FCMB will just crash! Useless bank, with very useless charges!
How can a bank be charging me daily for all the credits made into my account? Saying it is stamp duty... While First bank and Diamond bank don't charge me!

Mind you,

I work at FCMB.

If FCMB should crash eh, you will know no peace again... at night.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by agabusta: 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Coldfeets:

Mind you,

I work at FCMB.

grin take am easy oh

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Coldfeets: 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
agabusta:

grin take am easy oh

grin grin grin

Yes, na.

Just because of ordinary card maintenance fee wey suppose be chicken change naim she come dey wish make a whole bank crash entirely forgetting say if the bank crash man pikin no get wia im go dey get im daily bread again from

Nnaa na wa o!

People always expecting to get something for free buh when it comes to their own, dem go begin insist say you must to pay.

People neva sabi say na from all those small small bank charges na from dia banks dey take provide dem with all those services wey dem dey enjoy.

Dis life na live and let live abeg.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Angy55(f): 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
YourWife:
How can a bank be charging me daily for all the credits made into my account? Saying it is stamp duty... While First bank and Diamond bank don't charge me!
I use both banks, Diamond bank do charge me for stamp duty, I have no choice than to stop using the account for some time, the charges is just outrageous.
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Chukazu: 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
agabusta:

Oga you are not the only one that have savings account. I have multiple savings and current accounts across different banks that I monitor the inflow and outflow on a regular basis. It is only the current accounts that are being charged stamp duty charges.

If you have a savings account being charged stamp duty charges, then go and complain.

Stamp duty charges are not supposed to be applied to savings account.

And if I complained they do nothing,what else are my to do...close the account?
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Mccullum: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
Only looters' accounts will still be functioning up till now without BVN

2 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Israel13(m): 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
Daniel058:
I will never ever kowtow in their powwow..

grin
You know that joke electricity tariff
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by bigtt76(f): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
If you're using a savings account with a cheque booklet issued to you, then you're charged. Ask them to change it to ordinary savings account.

YourWife:

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by enomakos(m): 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
YourWife:
I can help you keep your money and I will even add interest monthly?
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Chukazu: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
Coldfeets:

Mind you,

I work at FCMB.

Do the needful , channel her complain to the appropriate quarters. You are in a better position to change her perception of your employer,not to engage her in media war

2 Likes

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2017
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Coldfeets: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Chukazu:

Do the needful , channel her complain to the appropriate quarters. You are in a better position to change her perception of your employer,not to engage her in media war

Which kain media war?

She voiced her opinion.

I voiced mine.

Thank God we have a medium like nairaland.

The appropriate quarters, I believe, are seeing this.

It is left for them to act appropriately.

Me, I'm just an employee.

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Daniel058(m): 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
Israel13:

You know that joke electricity tariff
yes nah grin
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by ipobarecriminals: 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
how do Nigerians in diaspora especially those livingvin Europe abd have account here going to do their BVN?Somebody can't deposit in peace again??Pa Buhari should face mauna and co THIEVES
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by emeijeh(m): 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
Realdeals:
The implementation of the directive should be now, I met a guy who says he refused to do BVN but still manage to withdraw fund in connivance with bank officials. Such people are definitely into fraudulent activities.

Big lie
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by emeijeh(m): 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
how do Nigerians in diaspora especially those livingvin Europe abd have account here going to do their BVN?Somebody can't deposit in peace again??Pa Buhari should face mauna and co THIEVES
There are bvn centres in Europe except in Germany.
Though it's not done free. It's €40

1 Like

Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by YourWife(f): 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
Mcowubaba:

54 transactions, you're probably charged N10 per sms. Which is very unreasonable angry angry.

My case is that, I made NO transactions in a whole month on that particular account, yet I was debited N120.

BTW, you make a lot of transactions, 54 transactions is much on my side, anyway I don't really know the details/reasons of your transactions, some people do more.

They actually charge me for bank-induced transactions! Corporate thieves they are!
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by YourWife(f): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
Coldfeets:

Mind you,

I work at FCMB.

Lol... I still have some pretty good money there... But I'm always sad whenever I have to pay in more money into the account because they are still going to bill me some nonsense stamp duty.
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by meforyou1(m): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
free2ryhme:

Any account without BVN is basically prone to being used for Money laundering.
how exactly?
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Coldfeets: 8:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
YourWife:

Lol... I still have some pretty good money there... But I'm always sad whenever I have to pay in more money into the account because they are still going to bill me some nonsense stamp duty.

Sorry ma.

It's just company policy. wink
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by larrysiku20(m): 8:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
What about nigerian leaving abroad and are unable to travel for now what happens to their money
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Ogot4u: 9:36am On Nov 05, 2017
Mcowubaba:

some of this banks are thieves, I have one account in one of this yeye banks, which I don't really use, but yet they still charge me N100-N300 for sms charge
when no credit alert or debit is made in a whole month. No sms is received.
This last month (October), I made Zero transactions on that account, but yet I received sms charge angry, I was debited undecided
what bank is that?
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
Cmyname:
Free money for FG

STUPID GOVERNMENT TRYING TO REAP WHERE THEY DID NOT SOW,
Re: BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss by somtookeke(m): 10:07am On Dec 15, 2019

1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Loses N180,000 To ‘magic’ Driver (pictured) / Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? / My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.