Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k (25583 Views)

POS Operator Returns Cash To FCMB Cashier That Overpaid Him With N100k (photos) / Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hidden. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.
My only prayer is God should consider this and remember me for good.

608 Likes 64 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Kingosytex(m): 1:00pm On Mar 02, 2022
Have you heard that Rudeboy's track titled "Double Double?" grin

New month blessings are already raining mightily upon your life.
Comrade I wan drink from your grace grin grin

On a serious note, I really appreciate you for returning the money to the cashier, you don't know what you've done for her. Mistakes like this could make one lose his or her job.
I appreciate you once again, na man you be!!!

God bless you richly....Isee.

366 Likes 16 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Promotions: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good one, God will reward you

175 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2022
Good person.

People have gone to jail for not returning wrongly credited money.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by TheABOMINATION: 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2022
Ah, returning money in this Buhari regime? This op no get liver that's why he quickly retuned the money. If you no believe me try transferring N1m to his account, you go see the speed he go take return am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by uwa1(m): 1:12pm On Mar 02, 2022
You are a good person. May God Favour you.

126 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by onlinestaff2020: 1:13pm On Mar 02, 2022
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

Do you know that those bankers rip off customers a lot?

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

Don't do favours for women except your fellow men.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Chimaobison(m): 1:15pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I needed to withdraw 35k this morning in order to attend to some urgent cash needs and since I didn't want only N1000 notes I decided to enter the banking hall. To avoid issues I arrived before 8 am and was one of the first to be attended to. The cashier paid me with N20k bundle and counted 15k with the counting machine twice and gave me my bundle. I didnt bother to do another count as I saw her use the machine twice. Only for me to get back home and realise I had an extra N32k. I counted and recounted but it was an excess.

Truth be told times could be much better Covid and Buhari did not help matters but as a Christian I know not to keep what is not mine. God knows it could have solved a lot of problems but its best to wait for what is mine so i had to go back to the bank and wait to see the Teller. Looking at her interact with her colleagues one could tell she was not happy.
When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hid. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.
As usual some may say I was foolish for returning the money but either a young lady could have lost her job in these terrible times or at least the money would be removed from her salary which is still bad enough.
My only prayer is God should consider this and remember me for good

Good Lord that rewards abundantly will remember your prayers and give an immediate breakthrough in all you ask for.
it's a hard task to do, but your courage is the Golden

123 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by nzeobi(m): 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
You did well bro and may your own never miss.

Country hard but 32k today won't solve any problem

120 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by silverlinen(m): 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2022
Damn.. your luck don shine brr
Withdraw am ASAP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by nzeobi(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

They are even the ones that gives out data to their Yahoo boyfriends to scam innocent people.

Now, you have the chance to eat out of the national cake, then you chickened off.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Do you know that if you even ask the lady to give you small thing, she would be the one to snub you?

Na the 32k wan solve all him problems

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2022
Kingosytex:

God bless you richly....Isee.

Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
nzeobi:
You did well bro and may your own never miss.

Country hard but 32k today won't solve any problem
Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
Chimaobison:

Good Lord that rewards abundantly will remember your prayers and give an immediate breakthrough in all you ask for.
it's a hard task to do, but your courage is the Golden
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2022
uwa1:
You are a good person. May God Favour you.
Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 1:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
Promotions:
Good one, God will reward you
Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Kestolove(m): 1:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
U fvckup, big time

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Kingosytex(m): 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2022
onlinestaff2020:
You gawk badly.

You are not sharp.

They cannot trace how the N32k got lost even though they find out, there's no evidence to tie you.

You no get mind , abeg.

You be Jew man.

Naija don really deal with you.
Doing the right thing is now seen as an anomaly in Naija.
We have a very long way to go in that country.
The money wasn't his national cake but resulted from someone else's mistakes (a cashier for that matter). How much do you think is the lady's salary? She could have gone home empty handed by the end of the month.

Gestures like the one demonstrated by the Op could earn him an integrity award thereby positioning him for greater things.

How much is 32k? It's not even up to 380 Cedis. The money is too small.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Kingosytex(m): 1:47pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

When it was my turn she asked what kind of transaction I wanted and I just handed her the N32k. The relief and joy on her face could not be hid. She had already told her colleague beside her that she was short so they both joined in telling me thank you.

This is front page worthy. People should be encouraged to always do the right thing.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by sunnymighty(m): 2:29pm On Mar 02, 2022
Emmayorejoice:

God bless you for this Op, your prayer will surely be answered, God will remember you for this deed.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by chidekings(m): 2:31pm On Mar 02, 2022
May God remember you for the good you have done l.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 02, 2022
This same bank will not help customers to track fraudstes when they report that their bank account has been hack and their money withdrawn from it.This same GTB has been pilfering from my account without SMS and purpose of the debits not given.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2022
sunnymighty:

God bless you for this Op, your prayer will surely be answered, God will remember you for this deed.
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2022
chidekings:
May God remember you for the good you have done l.
Amen
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Emmayorejoice: 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2022
Revolution2022:
This same bank will not help customers to track fraudstes when they report that their bank account has been hack and their money withdrawn from it.This same GTB has been pilfering from my account without SMS and purpose of the debits not given.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
Besides it is not the banks loss. It would come from the Tellers salary

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Leun: 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2022
You did the right thing bro.

3 Likes

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by englishmart(m): 3:33pm On Mar 02, 2022
maybe a compensation for all their extortionate charges.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by SQLmastar(m): 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
Give a tenth to your pastor.
Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by Dikaveli(m): 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
Useless bank, they ve stolen more than that from you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by EmmaLege: 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
tongue

1 Like

Re: My Bank Just Overpaid Me By 32k by NaijaCover(m): 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2022
Enjoy Your Money Boss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

4 Sure Ways To Earn Extra Money As A Working Class Nigerian / Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? / List Of Professional Bodies And Associations In Nigeria With Their Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.