Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members (484 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / David Ibiyeomie Welcomed By Female Church Members In Uniform (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by LIFEisSIMPLE: 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
This is one of those topics that need a long passage but i will keep it very short and simple. Please do not lend money to anyone in church. But if you insist you want to pls make sure the church leadership is aware. We are living in treachous times
Re: Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by delishpot: 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
LIFEisSIMPLE:
This is only of those topics that need a long passage but i will keep it very short and simple. Please do not lend money to anyone in church. But if you insist you want to pls make sure the church leadership is aware. We are living in treachous times

I once lent money to a church guy and he ran away with the money. It so happened that it was even church money and he also borrowed from other members too.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by hopefulLandlord: 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2017
Q: what would church leaders do if the person you lend money to refuses to pay you back?

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by PastorMB(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Q: what would church leaders do if the person you lend money to refuses to pay you back?

Nothing...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by hopefulLandlord: 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
PastorMB:

Nothing...

exactly, OP is just deluded into thinking they'll do something, the most they'll do is to keep reminding the owing party but there's nothing they can do if the owing party refuses to pay

Rule of lending money is simple "ONLY LEND WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE"

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by PastorMB(m): 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

exactly, OP is just deluded into thinking they'll do something, the most they'll do is to keep reminding the owing party but there's nothing they can do if the owing party refuses to pay

Rule of lending money is simple "ONLY LEND WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE"

"And it is not advisable for believers to go to court" according to pastors.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by LIFEisSIMPLE: 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
We need to pray for the church. People are losing their hard earned money in the house of God and some of this stories are painful to hear
Re: Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by OtemSapien: 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
LIFEisSIMPLE:
This is only of those topics that need a long passage but i will keep it very short and simple. Please do not lend money to anyone in church. But if you insist you want to pls make sure the church leadership is aware. We are living in treachous times
This doesn't make sense. How can you be in a group or body and you can't help one another? Even I, Otem, will give or lend a Christian my money if I have the means to do so, yet I am not a Christian. That people in your church don't refund you the money you lent them doesn't give you the licence to encourage everybody else not to lend others their money. undecided
Where is love?
Re: Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by LIFEisSIMPLE: 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2017
Why you need to let the church know is to help you get a profile of the person you are lending money to. Fraudsters this day have no fear for the house of God. For they come to steal and destroy.
I am just saying be cautious.
OtemSapien:
This doesn't make sense. How can you be in a group or body and you can't help one another? Even I, Otem, will give or lend a Christian my money if I have the means to do so, yet I am not a Christian. That people in your church don't refund you the money you lent them doesn't give you the licence to encourage everybody else not to lend others their money. undecided
Where is love?
Re: Why You Should Not Borrow Money To Church Members by OtemSapien: 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Why you need to let the church know is to help you get a profile of the person you are lending money to. Fraudsters this day have no fear for the house of God. For they come to steal and destroy.
I am just saying be cautious.
But from your topic, you are saying that one should not lend money to a church member. I'm not actually against letting the church know, rather, I'm against your advice that one should not lend a Church member some money.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Biblical Tithing In Detail. A Must Read / Decoding The Bible : The Beatitudes- Blessed Are The Poor In Spirit! / English What Does The Bible Say About Wearing Makeup And Jewelry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.