Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,309 members, 7,836,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Sean 'diddy' Combs Has Announced He's Changing His Name To 'brother Love' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sean 'diddy' Combs Has Announced He's Changing His Name To 'brother Love' (452 Views)

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs Beating Cassie Ventura In 2016 Video / Sean 'Diddy' Combs At Kim Porter's Funeral (Pics) / Fans Tease Frank Edoho, After He Announced He's No Longer The Host Of WWTBAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sean 'diddy' Combs Has Announced He's Changing His Name To 'brother Love' by theLegion(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
Sean 'Diddy' Combs has announced he's changing his name AGAIN, and this time it's to 'Brother Love.'

Sean, 48, who celebrated his birthday yesterday, took to twitter to announce the serious news.

The 48-year-old artist formerly known as Puff Daddy, Puffy, P. Diddy, and Diddy now wants to be known as 'Brother Love'.

Taking to Twitter, he announced: "Hey y’all. I have some very serious news. I’ve been praying on this. I decided that – I know it’s risky and I know it’s corny to some people – but I decided to change my name again."

Explaining the reason behind the name, he said: "I’m just not who I am before. I’m something different. Some new name is Love aka Brother Love. I will not be answering to Puffy, Diddy, Puffy Daddy or any of my other monikers but Love or Brother Love."

Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/sean-diddy-combs-changes-his-name-to-brother-love-on-his-48th-birthday/

The legendary rapper, whose real name is Sean Combs, has previously admitted that even he can’t keep up with his name changes.

In a recent interview with CNN, Brother Love explained why he's had so many name changes over his career.

"I’ve had different name changes because I only just grew up in a neighborhood where everybody had nicknames," he said.

"My first nickname was Puffy, and then when I was in the music industry it went to Diddy, and then P. Diddy, or was it P. Diddy first? Then Diddy?"

He spoke to TV host Ellen DeGeneres about his moniker switch: "Yes. It’s not technically a name change. It's just I’m channeling one of my previous alter egos."

Source - https://www.veeinsider.com/news/sean-diddy-combs-changes-his-name-to-brother-love-on-his-48th-birthday/

Re: Sean 'diddy' Combs Has Announced He's Changing His Name To 'brother Love' by HungerBAD: 3:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
Midlife crisis.

1 Like

Re: Sean 'diddy' Combs Has Announced He's Changing His Name To 'brother Love' by hahn(m): 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
I was expecting "puff puff" undecided
Re: Sean 'diddy' Combs Has Announced He's Changing His Name To 'brother Love' by lilmax(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
this one cannot stay in one place and answer one name.... smh
Re: Sean 'diddy' Combs Has Announced He's Changing His Name To 'brother Love' by theLegion(m): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
Thank you
HungerBAD:
Midlife crisis.

(1) (Reply)

Olamide, Small Doctor, Lil Kesh, 9ce And Ycee To Perform At The Lagos Carvinal / Wizkid To Feature On American Rapper Jeezy’s New Album(photo) / Music :: African Babe By Bee8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.