Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm (25238 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Leg?

Barcelona: 45% (83 votes)
Arsenal: 54% (100 votes)
Draw: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

El-Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona. (2 - 1) - On 29th August 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by oluking: 2:24pm On Mar 19, 2010
Champions League Draw Analysis: Arsenal's Chance To Prove They Really Can Match Barcelona's Brilliance

Gunners must beat pass-masters at their own game
Mar 19, 2010 8:39:27 AM

It’s the dream tie for the neutral and perhaps for Barcelona fans - but Arsenal supporters may be less delighted.

Yes, entertainment is guaranteed between two teams that play such entertaining football but the Gunners will be wary of coming off second best again to the Blaugrana as they did in the 2006 final. It will be a particularly telling match for Cesc Fabregas who left Barca at such a young age, has since blossomed in London and is now being wooed back by the reigning European champions. A win for Arsenal could keep the young Spaniard at the club for a few more years. Failure could see him flee just as Thierry Henry did last time around.

Tactical Concerns

Both sides play very similar football – short, rapid passes between mobile midfielders – but when it comes to personnel Barcelona have the bigger names and perhaps the greater talent. Xavi, Iniesta and Messi versus Fabregas, Nasri and Arshavin is, however, a delightful prospect. A more pragmatic manager than Arsene Wenger may decide to combat Barcelona on the counter-attack, but the Frenchman will not compromise his philosophy for anyone and will send his team out with the belief that they can more than match the Spanish champions when it comes to dominating possession.

Disciplinary

Suspended: None
One booking off suspension: None

Head-to-Head

1999-2000 Champions League First Group Stage: Arsenal 2-4 Barcelona
1999-2000 Champions League First Group Stage: Barcelona 1-1 Arsenal
2005-06 Champions League Final: Barcelona 2-1 Arsenal

Path To The Final

If Arsenal can overcome the mighty Barcelona then they deserve to be European champions. Unfortunately it doesn’t quite work that way. The Gunners would still have to defeat the winners of CSKA Moscow and Inter Milan to reach the final. With Inter the most likely victors of that tie, Wenger would once again find himself facing his old adversary Jose Mourinho. The Frenchman never had much joy out of Jose when the Portuguese was at Chelsea and his Inter side will prove equally tough. Mourinho will have seen how Arsenal have come off worse against the counter-attacks off Manchester United and Chelsea this season and will have absorbed that lesson. Mourinho no doubt will already have booked his hotel room in Madrid. Arsene Wenger may want to check first whether there is a cancellation fee.

source, goal.com.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by simplejide(m): 4:12pm On Mar 19, 2010
igwe goes home
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Olisa4all: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2010
simplejide:

igwe goes home
fabregas goes home as well
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by SeanLewis(m): 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2010
Arsenal finally getting to meet Barca yet again. I hope d gunners progress
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by abrahym(m): 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2010
Arsenal will suprise people
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by HarryPotter1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Sean always lookout 4 those boy they are dangerous.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by ichommy(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2010
abrahym:

Arsenal will suprise people

GOOD TALK wink
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by djojo(m): 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2010
I dont know why some Arsenal fans are fearing about the champions league.
The true Arsenal fans, we have the believe that barca will cry and Arsenal will lift the two trophy.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by RUssEL1: 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2010
I think barca is winning
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by sulad82i(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2010
Time for the gunners to head back home. they will def lose both home and away.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by hackney(m): 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2010
This will be entertainment footy from the get go.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Caporegime(m): 4:00pm On Mar 20, 2010
Arsenal is sooooooooo DEAD, LMAO.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by hexcraft(m): 4:37pm On Mar 20, 2010
Its not Over until the Final Whistle.
Gunners 4 Life
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by yemmight(m): 4:38pm On Mar 20, 2010
Kai. I laugh in Arsene Wenger. I really pity Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2010
Watch out dudes! We smoky GUNNERS will pump em with our F-16 Airborne, our 007 Frigate on Sea, and our Artillery battalion on Ground!!

Dont say you werent told when it happens cool wink tongue
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by init4dmoni(m): 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2010
these arsenal fans are irritating! sad
makes crushing them all the more satisfying smiley
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 4:47pm On Mar 20, 2010
yemmight:

Kai.  I laugh in Arsene Wenger.  I really pity Arsenal.

Pity gini? You will really laugh pity yourself in OWORONSHOKI cry when your expectations are cut short in due time!! grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
init4dmoni:

CRUSSSHHH Dude, can you hit against the bricks?

YOU WOULD BE SO GROUND TO POWDER!!!! cool cool cool grin cool cool cool
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Kx: 4:49pm On Mar 20, 2010
Arsenal vs barca is like
Seun vs Bill Gates
son vs father
pupil vs teacher
student vs professor
it is d end of the road for the yori yori boys
arsenal has come to d end of the road.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Chinda02(f): 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2010
Yeah,go let Barca chew ur as*es out and my darling team chelsea do a double on u guyz n Man U-the fa cup n the premiership. cool
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by seanbudos(m): 5:04pm On Mar 20, 2010
up gunners, the game will shock barca.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Zero2(m): 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2010
Barca fans do not believe in too much talk rather we believe in action. Arsenal is a photocopy of barcelona. Original can never be compared to photocopy. When the perfect comes the imperfect takes a walk. It's going to be a very tough match but i expect messi to do the damage as usual. Arsenal beware of lionel messi, he is the best player on the planet and no one can stop him from proving that he is really the best. Arsenal forget about champions league and focus on premiership, you guys have a brighter chance of winning premiership.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 6:03pm On Mar 20, 2010
Arsenal will put up a brave fight as usual.
The match should be open and attack minded. Both teams a very technical and skillful
End of day, over 2 legs, esp with second leg at the camp, my money ruefully is on barca
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2010
Zero2:

Barca fans do not believe in too much talk rather we believe in action. Arsenal is a photocopy of barcelona. Original can never be compared to photocopy. When the perfect comes the imperfect takes a walk. It's going to be a very tough match [b]but i expect messi to do the damage [/b]as usual. Arsenal beware of lionel messi, he is the best player on the planet and no one can stop him from proving that he is really the best. Arsenal forget about champions league and focus on premiership, you guys have a brighter chance of winning premiership.
Lional Messi /vs/ Gael Clichy
Lawd have mercy.
That is show me your number
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by nuel120: 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2010
arsenal will win the match[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2010
nuel120:

arsenal will win the match[color=#000099][/color]
Na power. I am an arsenal fan and have been for over 15 years.
On current form we simply cannot win this match. Period.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2010
We may win the tie at the emirates but over 2 legs barca has too much fire power.
They are an even better team now than the side we faced in champs league final.
And sad to say the current gunners are weaker than the same side in that final.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by jigawatts(m): 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2010
arsenal is going down
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2010
jigawatts:

arsenal is going down
snowdrops:

Na power. I am an arsenal fan and have been for over 15 years.
On current form we simply cannot win this match. Period.
snowdrops:

Lional Messi /vs/ Gael Clichy
Lawd have mercy.
That is show me your number
Zero2:

Barca fans do not believe in too much talk rather we believe in action. Arsenal is a photocopy of barcelona. Original can never be compared to photocopy. When the perfect comes the imperfect takes a walk. It's going to be a very tough match but i expect messi to do the damage as usual. Arsenal beware of lionel messi, he is the best player on the planet and no one can stop him from proving that he is really the best. Arsenal forget about champions league and focus on premiership, you guys have a brighter chance of winning premiership.
Chinda02:

Yeah,go let Barca chew your as*es out and my darling team chelsea do a double on u guyz n Man U-the fa cup n the premiership. cool
Kx:

Arsenal vs barca is like
Seun vs Bill Gates
son vs father
pupil vs teacher
student vs professor
it is d end of the road for the yori yori boys
arsenal has come to d end of the road.
init4dmoni:

Caporegime:

Arsenal is sooooooooo DEAD, LMAO.
yemmight:

Kai.  I laugh in Arsene Wenger.  I really pity Arsenal.

una smoke bomb, All this negative steroids you guys are show casing ain't your fault, only because gunners saw FC porto 5-0 down exceeding your expectations, the fixture was done to headbutt FC barka out, no team I mean no team in the championship will have the grill to eliminate barka only, u know now, just look wide left grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by osbar67: 7:30pm On Mar 20, 2010
Zero2:

Barca fans do not believe in too much talk rather we believe in action. Arsenal is a photocopy of barcelona. Original can never be compared to photocopy. When the perfect comes the imperfect takes a walk. It's going to be a very tough match but[b] i expect messi to do the damage as usual[/b]. Arsenal beware of lionel messi, he is the best player on the planet and no one can stop him from proving that he is really the best. Arsenal forget about champions league and focus on premiership, you guys have a brighter chance of winning premiership.

In talking,we have decided 2 borrow Monrihno's style and it will work. Messi is just 1 Man,he is not even up to what Dihno was back then in 06.Wenger know how to handle his type very well(he'll just cut he supply and he won't be able 2 function as he is supposed to, just like he did to Dihno.He shld be wary of his career because it might start ending just like Dihno.)
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snowdrops(m): 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2010
Ranks007:

una smoke bomb, All this negative steroids you guys are show casing ain't your fault, only because gunners saw FC porto 5-0 down exceeding your expectations, the fixture was done to headbutt FC barka out, no team I mean no team in the championship will have the grill to eliminate barka only, u know now, just look wide left grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
After quoting virtually everyone you ended up posting mumbo jumbo
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by chelseabmw(m): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2010
just passing,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Sunderland (5 - 1) On 21st May 2017 / Norwich Vs Liverpool (0 - 1) - Live / Club Brugge Vs Manchester United: Europa League (1 - 1) Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.