Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm (25322 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Leg?

Barcelona: 45% (83 votes)
Arsenal: 54% (100 votes)
Draw: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

El-Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona. (2 - 1) - On 29th August 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by tboy1(m): 10:58am On Mar 25, 2010
big father:

Just looking at your defence ( Gunners ) I can't see anybody in that your line up that can hold that Messiless boy !

Did you know barca's weak point is their defence?
If you had watched last night's game you'll know what im talking about . . give arsenal those chances and barca will be 3 goals down

Its a big game for both teams
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by adebayo201: 11:05am On Mar 25, 2010
winning barca is not a problem for gunners but the problem is who is goin for who.

As a united fans, i am still saying that arsenal will qualify i dont want to know what happen nxt week cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Manutddude(m): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2010
lol, i'll digg it for Barca, they got more fire power, Wish neither of em will win it tho grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by carino: 11:45am On Mar 25, 2010
CAN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT NOW , BARCA HAS A HIGHER PROBABILITY OF WINNING. God MIGHT FAVOUR ARSENAL.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by adefemi1(m): 11:52am On Mar 25, 2010
the ball is round and blind; it can shift in either ways but i believe united will quench the taste of both arsenal and barca

glory glory glory man utd
utd 4 life
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by feco304: 11:54am On Mar 25, 2010
Barca fans do not believe in too much talk rather we believe in action. Arsenal is a photocopy of barcelona. Original can never be compared to photocopy. When the perfect comes the imperfect takes a walk. It's going to be a very tough match but i expect messi to do the damage as usual. Arsenal beware of lionel messi, he is the best player on the planet and no one can stop him from proving that he is really the best. Arsenal forget about champions league and focus on premiership, you guys have a brighter chance of winning premiership.

Arsenal are out already

UP!!! BARCA
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by bigfather(m): 12:47pm On Mar 25, 2010
tboy1:

Did you know barca's weak point is their defence?
If you had watched last night's game you'll know what im talking about . . give arsenal those chances and barca will be 3 goals down

Its a big game for both teams

What weak point ? Even if they have a weak point, am sure you guys can never make use of the oppurtunity.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by bashydemy(m): 12:54pm On Mar 25, 2010
lets wait and see who believe Arsenal will beat AC Milan last season so expect the unexpected
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by tboy1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2010
big father:

What weak point ? Even if they have a weak point, am sure you guys can never make use of the oppurtunity.
We'll see, the big game is already here cool
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by worldaz: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2010
Well guys,90mins determines the match.No mata wat.Bows down down 2 a lil luck.I pray Arsenal wins,neway.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by zenus(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2010
30th will tell
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by bashydemy(m): 4:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
Good then thread should be close until the 30th
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2010
feco304:

Barca fans do not believe in too much talk rather we believe in action. Arsenal is a photocopy of barcelona. Original can never be compared to photocopy. When the perfect comes the imperfect takes a walk. It's going to be a very tough match but i expect messi to do the damage as usual. Arsenal beware of lionel messi, he is the best player on the planet and no one can stop him from proving that he is really the best. Arsenal forget about champions league and focus on premiership, you guys have a brighter chance of winning premiership.

Arsenal are out already

UP!!! BARCA

Hey kid, ur assumption that arsenal is a fotocopy of barca is a statement borne out of ignorance!! Instead, barca is a fotocopy of the Arsenal; the reason being that we have a manager who has groomed our game for over fourteen years producing different teams that play the same way - the Arsenal way (mind you every football lover irresppective of clubside knows that there is a football playing pattern - the Arsenal pattern invented by Wenger wink )!!!

Can you tell us the number of coaches that barca employed in the past 14 years? The answer would give you a pointer to the fact that barca's current style of play was adopted from somewhere: ARSENAL!!!! So dont come and spew ignoramus here kiddo!! Always ask your grand dad for explanandum first!!! cool
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Gunnaz007: 7:30pm On Mar 25, 2010
snj:

Certainly, they both play good footie, but,  its a common knowledge that if you want your son to play a better football, you should make him play for arsenal as a biginner then later graduate into BARCELONA FC. Ask Henry, a living witness.

Them no be mate!!!

Spent forces from arsenal are often dispatched to barcelona fc (overmars, henry, hleb, etc), in the same likeness spent forces from man u are often dispatched to real madrid (beckamp, ronaldo, etc)!! Now, who is d boss
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by dalinkwnt(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2010
Gunnaz007:

Hey kid, your assumption that arsenal is a fotocopy of barca is a statement borne out of ignorance!! Instead, barca is a fotocopy of the Arsenal; the reason being that we have a manager who has groomed our game for over fourteen years producing different teams that play the same way - the Arsenal way (mind you every football lover irresppective of clubside knows that there is a football playing pattern - the Arsenal pattern invented by Wenger wink )!!!

Can you tell us the number of coaches that barca employed in the past 14 years? The answer would give you a pointer to the fact that barca's current style of play was adopted from somewhere: ARSENAL!!!! So dont come and spew ignoramus here kiddo!! Always ask your grand dad for explanandum first!!! cool
Gunnaz007:

Spent forces from arsenal are often dispatched to barcelona fc (overmars, henry, hleb, etc), in the same likeness spent forces from man u are often dispatched to real madrid (beckamp, ronaldo, etc)!! Now, who is d boss

As henry figured out in the 06 CL final, if you can't beat them, join them,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by underscore: 9:36pm On Mar 25, 2010
big small father is just a clown. Go locate a circus and entertain.

Analyse your posts and give a verdict on your knowledge of football.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by snj: 11:59pm On Mar 25, 2010
dalinkwnt:

As henry figured out in the 06 CL final, if you can't beat them, join them,

Good talk!!!

Imagine the amount of work Henry did then as a point man, all in the name of winning CL. Thank God he realised on time. Just look at him when his dream became reality on may 27 2009. He never believed, it was that easy when he joined a stronger , better, more skillfull and more matured club like BARCELONA FC.

Anyway, this is another oppurtunity for arsenal boys to think and step up as Henry did.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by wallas: 8:56am On Mar 26, 2010
Arsenal stands less in winning the match, a simple declaration
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by mykali(m): 11:04am On Mar 26, 2010
Arsenal should win easily. everybody'z just overhyping Barca undecided
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by eyoniggar(m): 12:17pm On Mar 26, 2010
Mykali sharrap there.

How dare u use the word "easily"?
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by ogazi007(m): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2010
Overhyping Barca?club that won six trophies,club that won all the competition they partcipated on last season,it has never been done by any big/small club on planet earth.they really deserves all the accolade,they have made history.the game is gonna be 50/50,any team that pays attention to little detail will eventually go through to semi finals.true barca fans rarely brag,we will come back here to review you people comments after the first leg.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by bigfather(m): 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2010
underscore:

big small father is just a clown. Go locate a circus and entertain.

Analyse your posts and give a verdict on your knowledge of football.

With your small brain that you've got grin,what kind of analysis do you want again ? When it is there on records.
How many times have you met and how many times have you been able to win ? Sule !

ogazi007:

Overhyping Barca?club that won six trophies,club that won all the competition they partcipated on last season,it has never been done by any big/small club on planet earth.they really deserves all the accolade,they have made history.the game is gonna be 50/50,any team that pays attention to little detail will eventually go through to semi finals.true barca fans rarely brag,we will come back here to review you people comments after the first leg.
Abeg help me tell them o ! When you are good, you are good !
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by larryUG(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2010
i just hope arsenal wins barca but dats impossible.bye to the gunners becos water has entered into their guns
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by mykali(m): 11:42am On Mar 27, 2010
@eyoniggar et al
Seriously speaking . . .i didnt know when i typed that. I must've been "sleep typing" grin
Hell will freeze over the day this current Arsenal team defeats Barca.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by khanye(m): 12:04pm On Mar 27, 2010
mykali:

@eyoniggar et al
Seriously speaking . . .i didnt know when i typed that. I must've been "sleep typing" grin
Hell will freeze over the day this current Arsenal team defeats Barca.

Lol . . . . . grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Cristalz(f): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2010
Going by today's performance.  .  .watch your step, Wenger!
Too many costly errors going down in that team.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Krayola(m): 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2010
We're not convincing today either.  undecided Messi and Xavi haven't played tho. .  so maybe we'll improve when/if they come on.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Cristalz(f): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2010
''Maybe''? Do I sense uncertainty here? grin

Thing is, both sides understand each other well. Kinda like siblings, except that Barca's the more successful older brother.
Will be about which side can better exploit the other's weakness(es) on the night.

Arsenal's got more to tidy up than Barca though.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Krayola(m): 9:16pm On Mar 27, 2010
haha. I try to stay objective. I don't hype up my team when they don't deserve it. They haven't played well today.

We just need to try to keep the ball. We're horrible without it. Arsenal can soak up pressure better than us. IMO, if they can keep the ball away from us they can beat us. It's that simple.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Cristalz(f): 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2010
Y'see, that's just where therez a problem.

Arsenal can get the ball, are very good at keeping the ball, lovely passes.  .  .
But then they just keep passing and passing.  .  .they'll get into the 18-yard box and keep passing till someone forgets Valdes isn't wearing an Arsenal jersey and comfortably passes to him, probably expecting him to pass back.

If they can overcome that, as well as their defensive issues, they'll do well. . .but right now I'm just not seeing that happening.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by femidude(m): 10:31pm On Mar 27, 2010
Up Barca is all I will say because na empty fans dey make noise.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by AjanleKoko: 6:07am On Mar 28, 2010
These Arsenal fans just dey make noise.
People that can't beat Man U or Chelsea want to beat Blaugrana, the best team in the world!
Even when we were not this strong, we 'planked' your butt. Bring it on at the Emirates.
We will be leaving not only with the points, but with our son Cesc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (2 - 2) On 1st December 2019 / Chelsea Vs Sunderland (5 - 1) On 21st May 2017 / Ludogorets Vs Arsenal :UCL (2 - 3) On 1st November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.