Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,198 members, 7,849,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

Mortuary @ Marina Area Of Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mortuary @ Marina Area Of Lagos (1534 Views)

Lagos Shuts Isolo Hospital Mortuary / Man Woke-up In Mortuary After 7 Days / Dead Man Wakes Up After 3 Day In The Mortuary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mortuary @ Marina Area Of Lagos by Everbright(f): 8:09pm On Feb 21, 2007
Have you passed Marina, going towards Lagos state Government Health Commission of recent ?
Men, it stings like nothing you can ever imagine
Have u perceived a dead rat for a second or more?
Then imagine perceiving dead decaying bodies, i mean human beings that have died and are decaying
The worst of it all is the annoying traffic jam around the area, mostly caused by peolpe who have come to carry their own corpses
And to imagine that the state health commission is located around thesame area is quite appauling and ridiculous
What is the government doing about this?
Re: Mortuary @ Marina Area Of Lagos by raphy(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2007
hi
that is not the first time its stinks it will always remain like tht embarassed
Re: Mortuary @ Marina Area Of Lagos by Olulayomi(f): 4:00pm On Feb 28, 2007
Ah, my Sister, na wah.  There was a day I had to pass through the place to CMS, that place was horrible.  I asked the driver, whether they have a mortuary around the place, because it was smelling like hell,I didn't know, it was actually, a dead/rotten body avenue.  Why I asked was that, the scenario around the place, was just normal, some people were playing draught in front of the mortuary, while some were even eating(imagine).  Also some maggot water was coming out of that mortuary garage. It was terrible.  I really pity those people that has offices around the place.  Pray the state government should do something about it. I was told that unclaimed dead bodies they(councils) pick on the road are usually brought to the place and they don't always have light.

Anyway, something should be done before the whole place become something else.  I had to hold my breath that day and had to curse that driver for taking me through that route.  One lesson I've learnt in life is that , its when one is alive that one smells nice, but when dead comes crawling in, the next thing is for one to smell like rotten shit.  I don't wish to pass through that place again until something is done about it.

Wish the Governorship Aspirants should go to the area to campaign or how do you feel.?
Re: Mortuary @ Marina Area Of Lagos by agbana(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2007
are u baffled? remember u are in NIGERIA
Re: Mortuary @ Marina Area Of Lagos by eniola1310(f): 2:34pm On Mar 01, 2007
i think the people to be blamedfor this is NEPA or whatever name they call themselves.

tha same thing that happens to your freezer when  NEPA strikes affect the motuary

so, blame NEPA !!
Re: Mortuary @ Marina Area Of Lagos by bamdil(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2007
embarassed embarassed embarassedThat place is horrible, the worst part here is that you see people selling food near the mortuary, and some highly educated ones that are used to that odour always eat food in those canteen.
If you compare the mortuary with that of Ikeja, you will see that Ikeja's own is far better than the one around CMS, no horrible odour is been perceived there (i.e Ikeja Mortuary).
The government need to do something about that place or else those that buried there will be calling more people to join them.

(1) (Reply)

Would You Abandon Your Baby In The Hospital Because Of Abnormality / My Newborn's Nerves Torn During Delivery (erb's Palsy) And Hand Fractured / Your Health, Nutrition And Supplements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.