Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:39 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1329925 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oyoolima: 10:35am On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

They also send soldiers to war with equipments and boots, not fight for purpose........

Whilst they earn almost £80K per annum, relaxing and waving fingers.......

I say no more.......

Even upon all the equipment,the PTSD suffered by soldiers is immense and a lot of times, life limiting.A lot live with crippling anxiety,some go on to commit suicide or commit crimes.

I am glad there are doctor groups for support where they are able to vent and express the way they truly feel.I am hoping other health workers have similar and also that there's more professional support for those that will certainly need it.

BMA has been agitating that the final year nurses and doctors who are being pushed to the frontline without being adequately prepared are numerated accordingly with support put in place in the workplace but the press has somehow managed to twist it into something else,lol

RIP to the beautiful staff who have died and for them lack of PPE is a common factor.

I watched the daughter of one of them trying to make sense of what happened.

Their deaths were avoidable but this sort of thing is what the public subconsciously like to read about/ want to believe about healthcare workers cheesy.
I do not blame them,I believe that it is a way to manage ones anxiety,the belief that there is someone out there willing to die in your place can be quite reassuring.

The after effects of this COVID on mental health is going to be a tsunami.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Afajay7: 11:39am On Apr 02, 2020
Hello house. I just got an endorsement for Global talent visa and planning to apply for visa for myself and my dependants (4 people) . I want to confirm if i can pay the IHS fee via my naira debit visa card. If not, please tell me how to go to about it. Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Soknown: 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
Afajay7:
Hello house. I just got an endorsement for Global talent visa and planning to apply for visa for myself and my dependants (4 people) . I want to confirm if i can pay the IHS fee via my naira debit visa card. If not, please tell me how to go to about it. Thank you
Yes you can.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2020
Afajay7:

Better check with your bank. The limit for daily foreign currency transactions has reduced drastically for some banks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
Afajay7:

You can
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chic2pimp(m): 2:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:
They are clapping for us again tonight.... And i hear they plan to clap, every Thursday........

Heroes without capes..... AA too is offering free breakdown service, if we breakdown, on our way to the war front.......

This die, we must die am o......... cheesy

They've also added a new set of people to that list too. The New list now includes Supermarket workers,Pharmacists amongst other Key workers.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:
They are clapping for us again tonight.... And i hear they plan to clap, every Thursday........

Heroes without capes..... AA too is offering free breakdown service, if we breakdown, on our way to the war front.......

I have never seen you this sensitive and emotional.

Giving you a visual hug.

And we are cheering always

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 4:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
Soknown:

As I have said before on this platform, the whole world can do with a lot of positivity and encouragement right now.
I rest my case here.

I appreciate your comment.

I was in a covid ward with 4 other patients. We were all suspected cases, as the results weren’t out yet. That ward had 1 nurse and 2 carers. I worked in care as a student and normally you’d have 1 night nurse to 14 or more residents. This nurse had just 5 and didn’t enter the ward throughout the night shift until it was close to handover time. My drip finished and started pulling my blood out (I stopped it myself), I wasn’t given my painkillers that were due every 4 hours. The other patients rang to pee and poop and no one answered.

That nurse promised to care for patients, but decided to discriminate against disease. And you want me to celebrate her as a hero? You want me to celebrate the nurses that turned their backs on patients when they realised they were posted to the covid ward even when PPE was plenty?

Then what would I do for the ones that were brave enough to care for us?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
Olalekank:

I've been following the discussion, and I must admit, however right your view is, it was presented in an insensitive manner.

Their job is to treat people, but giving their whole best to a job while endangering themselves poses even more threat. Nobody signed up to die.

I'm not a health worker BTW

I know my comments were harsh- I’m always harsh when I’m speaking the truth. Anyway, I passed the message across and got the reaction I was after.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
Aphrodite007:

I appreciate your comment.

I was in a covid ward with 4 other patients. We were all suspected cases, as the results weren’t out yet. That ward had 1 nurse and 2 carers. I worked in care as a student and normally you’d have 1 night nurse to 14 or more residents. This nurse had just 5 and didn’t enter the ward throughout the night shift until it was close to handover time. My drip finished and started pulling my blood out (I stopped it myself), I wasn’t given my painkillers that were due every 4 hours. The other patients rang to pee and poop and no one answered.

That nurse promised to care for patients, but decided to discriminate against disease. And you want me to celebrate her as a hero? You want me to celebrate the nurses that turned their backs on patients when they realised they were posted to the covid ward even when PPE was plenty?

Then what would I do for the ones that were brave enough to care for us?

Madam, what PPE was plenty? Please stop saying this, biko........

Would you fight an AK47 war, with a blunt bread knife?.....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
Aphrodite007:

I know my comments were harsh- I’m always harsh when I’m speaking the truth. Anyway, I passed the message across and got the reaction I was after.

Absolutely...... Pipu blood dey boil over...... wink

You took it well though....... Some others would have deactivated (but we can now track you via twitter)......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 4:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Madam, what PPE was plenty? Please stop saying this, biko........

Would you fight an AK47 war, with a blunt bread knife?.....

If you noticed, my comment is in past tense, because I’m telling a story of what happened. I know PPE has probably reduced by now, I never doubted your comments about PPE being finished or a lower grade being used.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 4:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Absolutely...... Pipu blood dey boil over...... wink

You took it well though....... Some others would have deactivated (but we can now track you via twitter)......... grin

grin baba I be trouble maker, I don’t run from fight.

But abeg no track me reach twitter. In short I no get twitter account at all. What is twitter sef? cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
Aphrodite007:

If you noticed, my comment is in past tense, because I’m telling a story of what happened. I know PPE has probably reduced by now, I never doubted your comments about PPE being finished or a lower grade being used.

I hope you understand why she refused to peg your cannula or restart your fluid infusion...... The most important person, was her.......

Thank goodness your never suffered incontinence (number 1 or number 2)......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
Aphrodite007:

grin baba I be trouble maker, I don’t run from fight.

But abeg no track me reach twitter. In short I no get twitter account at all. What is twitter sef? cry

Lala the grass...... lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Lala the grass...... lipsrsealed
grin Abeg!! I only have power in my mouth o, I can’t fight in real life cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
Aphrodite007:

grin Abeg!! I only have power in my mouth o, I can’t fight in real life cheesy

Lol we know your type cheesy cheesy. Glad to see you back and better.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I hope you understand why she refused to peg your cannula or restart your fluid infusion...... The most important person, was her.......

Thank goodness your never suffered incontinence (number 1 or number 2)......... cheesy

the most Important person is her.. lol, my doctors who are haematologists that volunteered to fight the virus, they’re not important to themselves shey?

Like I said before, what makes me laugh about this is that she will still step out after turning down covid jobs, touch her car door and catch it. So after all her “self-importance”, she will still catch it grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 4:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
fatima04:

Lol we know your type cheesy cheesy. Glad to see you back and better.

Thank you dear. kiss
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:
These are the NHS workers who have died from coronavirus

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/02/nhs-workers-have-died-coronavirus/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_androidshare_AvGnJBkkVhdp

I salute all the NHS staff and carer who are working at this moment .... truly they are HEROS

The rate of infection is so high , and in Italy 51 doctors died ...now UK immigrant doctors �

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by olalekan9320(m): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
Aphrodite007:

the most Important person is her.. lol, my doctors who are haematologists that volunteered to fight the virus, they’re not important to themselves shey?

Like I said before, what makes me laugh about this is that she will still step out after turning down covid jobs, touch her car door and catch it. So after all her “self-importance”, she will still catch it grin
wink what if she didn't?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
He could not magic his way out of COVID19.......

We that don't have magic nko......... smiley

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chic2pimp(m): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2020
#CLAP4CARERS

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Monmarri: 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
Keep calm all. Many many thanks luvly nurses, doctors, HCA. I appreciate u all

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:07pm On Apr 02, 2020
From this moment, i drop my stethoscope...... Going on a self imposed lockdown, till COVID19 is 100% clear ......

I never signed up to die.... My family comes first......

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uglyduckling: 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
Aphrodite007:

The most important person is her. It is called PERSONAL protective equipment and not PATIENT protective equipment for a reason. Even in cardiac arrest the first step of the resuscitation algorithm is to not ensure personal safety before approaching the patient. I currently work on a COVID ward, I do not even have scrubs provided for me. I have to wear my regular clothes, today I had to physically restrain a learning disability patient so we could do his bloods. A bloody huge man. I and then other dear nurses, God bless them, were literally rubbing in his sweat and spit thanks to the NHS bare below the elbow policy. I am asthmatic, today 40 people with no underlying health problems died of complications from corona virus in the UK. Tomorrow I will stand up and go again, so I do not begrudge anyone who fears for their lives and therefore approaches a patient cautiously thereby offending your sensibilities that they did not wait on you hand and foot.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Uglyduckling:

The most important person is her. It is called PERSONAL protective equipment and not PATIENT protective equipment for a reason. Even in cardiac arrest the first step of the resuscitation algorithm is to not ensure personal safety before approaching the patient. I currently work on a COVID ward, I do not even have scrubs provided for me. I have to wear my regular clothes, today I had to physically restrain a learning disability patient so we could do his bloods. A bloody huge man. I and then other dear nurses, God bless them, were literally rubbing in his sweat and spit thanks to the NHS bare below the elbow policy. I am asthmatic, today 40 people with no underlying health problems died of complications from corona virus in the UK. Tomorrow I will stand up and go again, so I do not begrudge anyone who fears for their lives and therefore approaches a patient cautiously thereby offending your sensibilities that they did not wait on you hand and foot.

It is not an easy something ooo....

I salute you a million times

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oyoolima: 10:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
@Uglyduckling,

Please stay well and know your colleagues and family understand and cheer you on no matter what decision you take.

Please take care of yourself,you are one of the at risk people and you should reduce the risk you are taking.

I bought scrubs online yesterday,I suggest you do the same.My plan is to change at work into them and then change back into home clothes on the way out .

Wearing your regular clothing is not advisable as you have to boil close to 60 degrees.

I can't even imagine the stress in this scenario,your LD patient would definitely have been very afraid , confused and then you had to restrain him in the bid to do.your best.

They updated the PPE policy and it's still basically the same thing. I despair.

Stay safe..
Saw this on twitter and it made me feel a bit cheerful,lol
Some people were furious at Baba Hancock implying people willingly sacrificed themselves

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The sheer hypocrisy of the clapping sticks out like a sore thumb. No pay rise, no covid19 bonus, no testing, no proper PPE; but at least, let's clap for the NHS staff.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
I would like to say a HUGE thank you to the lovely men and women who staff our hospitals.
You see carnage for up to 8 hours every day, you go home only to come back and do it again .
May your parents and family not cry over you.
Daalunu o!

marylandcakes,I m so sorry about your cat. cats have been known to go into depression after losing fights. I suggest you let them find their own level.
I can make cat soup out of the bully if you prefer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.