Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,398 members, 7,853,772 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1329790 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2020
fatima04:

Hmmmn all immigrants

Was thinking exactly the same today... unlike Charlie, Barry and co who's probably gone on sick leave or self isolate sharp sharp the immigrants as usual has stuck their neck out pending when adequate top quality equipment would be made available
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yemisih(f): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
Was abt asking of u ,it's bin a few days u posted.
Stay safe everyone, whoever tink we signed up to die can volunteer to work in d hospital during D's period nd let's see aw long dey last at it. We also av family
fatima04:

Seriously, any healthcare professional still actively going to work right now deserves great accolades oo. It is really ridiculous that they have to fight for something as basic as adequate PPE to do their jobs when construction professionals and Soldiers sent off to fight other countries has standardized and up to date weaponry.

I believe if half of funds designated for fighting other peoples wars is transferred to NHS, we would not be in this mess. When my hubby told me they ration the "tissue" mask for 4hrs, I thought it was his trust but now I can see its a general rule across NHS most likely and this so called mask is not in any way adequate for protection.

If the government can do their part by providing a good environment and equipment to work, people will be willing to fight Covid 19 aggressively and uphold their Hippocratic oath because we definitely don't send soldiers to War zone without adequate intelligence and standardized weaponry to vaporize enemies.

The constant fear families of healthcare professionals face EVERYDAY right now in this country and back home considering a large percentage are immigrants deserves them to also consider the oath made to their families, because my people e no easy with kids, pregancy and vulnerable parents living with some of us. But as usual, may God protect us all and make we dey clap dey go grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
claremont:

The sheer hypocrisy of the clapping sticks out like a sore thumb. No pay rise, no covid19 bonus, no testing, no proper PPE; but at least, let's clap for the NHS staff.

That's why i have put myself on a lockdown....... Till COVID19 is 100% clear.......

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chic2pimp(m): 11:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lexusgs430:

That's why i have put myself on a lockdown....... Till COVID19 is 100% clear.......

I don't blame you one bit. Been trying to convince my Mum a Senior Staff Nurse to tow the same path but She is not having it.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:32am On Apr 03, 2020
chic2pimp:

I don't blame you one bit. Been trying to convince my Mum a Senior Staff Nurse to tow the same path but She is not having it.

I am just been me, i did not sign up to die o..... After corona, i continue from where i stopped..... smiley

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 7:04am On Apr 03, 2020
missjekyll:
I would like to say a HUGE thank you to the lovely men and women who staff our hospitals.
You see carnage for up to 8 hours every day, you go home only to come back and do it again .
May your parents and family not cry over you.
Daalunu o!

marylandcakes,I m so sorry about your cat. cats have been known to go into depression after losing fights. I suggest you let them find their own level.
I can make cat soup out of the bully if you prefer

Thanks, you so are so funny. Cats can be so vicious to each other. My colleague at work ended up with a large vet bill when his cat was involved in a fight.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by davide470(m): 8:48am On Apr 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:
From this moment, i drop my stethoscope...... Going on a self imposed lockdown, till COVID19 is 100% clear ......

I never signed up to die.... My family comes first......

We salute you!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Apr 03, 2020
davide470:
We salute you!

For been a professional chicken......... grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:07am On Apr 03, 2020
missjekyll:
I would like to say a HUGE thank you to the lovely men and women who staff our hospitals.
You see carnage for up to 8 hours every day, you go home only to come back and do it again .
May your parents and family not cry over you.
Daalunu o!

marylandcakes,I m so sorry about your cat. cats have been known to go into depression after losing fights. I suggest you let them find their own level.
I can make cat soup out of the bully if you prefer

Lol, you are not nice
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:08am On Apr 03, 2020
Yemisih:
Was abt asking of u ,it's bin a few days u posted.
Stay safe everyone, whoever tink we signed up to die can volunteer to work in d hospital during D's period nd let's see aw long dey last at it. We also av family

Yeah, balancing WFH and family isnt as easy as it seems. Thanks for the thought

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:11am On Apr 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Welldone. You have done your bit. Just wondering how all of this is being greatly suppressed and not making frontline news. If Meghan was the patron for NHS now you will see it on all outlets.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
Heroes
Clapping won’t bring her back
3 children left behind

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

For been a professional chicken......... grin
No, u are not.

It's people who wear the shoe that knows where it hurts most.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
gratefulme40:
Heroes
3 children left behind

cry
Govt should do their part and the rest will follow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by eyinjuege: 2:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
Corona is no respecter of persons o.

Any Nigerian health care worker on here should work with sense.

The indigenes know how they sort themselves out, and many of them are at home claiming to have fever and cough. Thankfully, their 1-2 weeks will be over, and we will see the next excuse they will bring.

Some indigenes/English have already been signed off for stress and anxiety, and will continue to bring in sick notes till the Corona is over, while our healthcare workers of Nigerian descent and even the Asians are still saying 'we die here'. As if we blacks don't suffer from anxiety and panic attacks.

Kudos to you all facing the war heads on. Your bravery is 2nd to none.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mellady(f): 3:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I am just been me, i did not sign up to die o..... After corona, i continue from where i stopped..... smiley
Yes oo grin this life I can't kill myself oo, I can't kill myself oo, allow me to flex ooo.... Singing in ;Dtimayas voice
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
£13.4B historic NHS debt written off!! Conservatives really blasting all cylinders
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
Mellady:

Yes oo grin this life I can't kill myself oo, I can't kill myself oo, allow me to flex ooo.... Singing in ;Dtimayas voice

Absolutely..... This life i can't kill myself..... Only me to flex o.......

By next thursday, i would also be clapping for our heroes....... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 3:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Absolutely..... This life i can't kill myself..... Only me to flex o.......

By next thursday, i would also be clapping for our heroes....... cheesy

Make sure you don't clap.for yourself o
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
deept:

Make sure you don't clap.for yourself o

How can..... Why shall I..... Runaway soldier, only deserves an AWOL badge.....

Others wey no claim to run, dey claim mild symptoms.... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Two nurses & Two Hca's died from COVID19, in the last 24 hours.......

Maka why, biko........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
gratefulme40:
Heroes
3 children left behind

So Sad, another colored person added to the list. This is comimg from a trust that scored the lowest on equality treatment.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by calculator123(m): 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
Olalekank:

I've been following the discussion, and I must admit, however right your view is, it was presented in an insensitive manner.

Their job is to treat people, but giving their whole best to a job while endangering themselves poses even more threat. Nobody signed up to die.

I'm not a health worker BTW

Oga boss, I dey e-prostrate o

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 9:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
I m happy lexus has thrown in the towel. I encourage everyone else to do so until we get PPE . arrant nonsense

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
This is sad.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 10:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
One of our best HCAs on the ward is currently admitted with Covid-19.

Guys be careful out there
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Beautyaddy: 12:02am On Apr 04, 2020
claremont:

The sheer hypocrisy of the clapping sticks out like a sore thumb. No pay rise, no covid19 bonus, no testing, no proper PPE; but at least, let's clap for the NHS staff.

Mind you the people doing the clapping should not be blamed for the short-comings of the management of the NHS. Those people are clapping because some of them have family members as well as themselves who are getting the care from the NHS staffs.

The UK Law makers should be the ones to be blamed for the NHS short-comings.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Beautyaddy: 12:06am On Apr 04, 2020
fatima04:

Welldone. You have done your bit. Just wondering how all of this is being greatly suppressed and not making frontline news. If Meghan was the patron for NHS now you will see it on all outlets.

lol!... No, most of the News will be fixated on what is happening in the United States from CNN. cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:32am On Apr 04, 2020
Mimzyy:
This is sad.

If you listened to Ruth's message during the press conference, i could not believe she never mentioned the Hca's that died...... She simply casted them apart like some irrelevants!!!! (i felt for their families).........

Truly heartbreaking.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:33am On Apr 04, 2020
gratefulme40:
One of our best HCAs on the ward is currently admitted with Covid-19.

Guys be careful out there

Unfortunately, it seems they are not relevant in this Covid19 fight/war.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:36am On Apr 04, 2020
missjekyll:
I m happy lexus has thrown in the towel. I encourage everyone else to do so until we get PPE . arrant nonsense

Madam, not only towel o....... grin

Plus pant, singlet and scrub............ wink

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 10:18am On Apr 04, 2020
It’s very obvious they care less and it’s so sad and disturbing. Please and please stay safe.

Lexusgs430:

If you listened to Ruth's message during the press conference, i could not believe she never mentioned the Hca's that died...... She simply casted them apart like some irrelevants!!!! (i felt for their families).........

Truly heartbreaking.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.