Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,589 members, 7,823,551 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1311622 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
beyondbasicsng:
@lexusgs430 thank you for your help
My husband has MBA from UK uni but hasnt really worked in that line, he currently runs his own business. I also studied in the UK but never had much to do around London except visit.

We have looked at right move and as you said, they're quite high, not keen on Gumtree as you know some on there are quite dodgy.

Yes, job is in middlesex, We just really want advice on which areas to look at (we have checked watford and they're mostly above £1k. We don't even mind commuting from outside London, but not sure which area is best.

To view areas further North, open Google maps to view areas, and search accordingly.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beyondbasicsng: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2018
Thank you @lexusgs430 will reach out again if I have to.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beyondbasicsng: 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
Yes, this is exactly what we're considering atm. Thank you @tennyalad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Renting properties in the UK generally is an expensive undertaking. Have you explored Luton, Derby and slightly further north?

I am sure your husband would find a job in his line of work or other. All it would take would be the forms filling and Internet searches.

Justwise is an advocate for Gumtree lettings, one's you do your due diligence, you would just be fine......
chairman, do people actually live in Derby and work in London? shocked It's too far now. All the savings will go on transportation.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
dustydee:

chairman, do people actually live in Derby and work in London? shocked It's too far now. All the savings will go on transportation.

Indeed..... I stay in Kent and have previously worked in Derby.....

You would be surprised how far people are willing to commute, if the price is right........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 9:50pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello guys. Please I want to open a second bank account. I already have one with Barclay's. Would appreciate some tips on where to go and where not to and the reasons.
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2018
sutelk:
Hello guys. Please I want to open a second bank account. I already have one with Barclay's. Would appreciate some tips on where to go and where not to and the reasons.
Thanks.

Coutts, this would suit you nicely Oga.....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Indeed..... I stay in Kent and have previously worked in Derby.....

You would be surprised how far people are willing to commute, if the price is right........
I understand, but not everyday. When will one enjoy the money? I work away too but travel back weekends and even that id tiring.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
dustydee:

I understand, but not everyday. When will one enjoy the money? I work away too but travel back weekends and even that id tiring.

But the main factor is, distance is not a challenge.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I doubt if he will be able to but you never know.

It’s not everyone that can open an account with coutts

My company banks there and a few of our clients do and I also believe that’s the queens bank too. You have to have a minimum amount to bank there. It’s like a private banking . Please feel free to correct me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
marylandcakes:

I doubt if he will be able to but you never know.

It’s not everyone that can open an account with coutts

My company banks there and a few of our clients do and I also believe that’s the queens bank too. You have to have a minimum amount to bank there. It’s like a private banking . Please feel free to correct me.

Madam, why are you judging sutelk book by its cover?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 10:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Madam, why are you judging sutelk book by its cover?

I’m not ooh, that’s why I said correct me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2018
marylandcakes:

I’m not ooh, that’s why I said correct me.

Oya Oga sutelk, come and prove marylandcakes wrong.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Oya Oga sutelk, come and proof marylandcakes wrong.....

Don’t mind this Lexus guy, he just wants to know if you’ve got half a million pounds lying about. grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
marylandcakes:

Don’t mind this Lexus guy, he just wants to know if you’ve got half a million pounds lying about. grin

Would that not be nice to know? So I can quickly switch careers to becoming a fund manager......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 8:23am On Jul 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Guy you harsh oh. I actually took this serious. I can see you really want me to hammer in this land. Thanks. We will get there.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 9:26am On Jul 26, 2018
Lexusgs430:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tennyalad(m): 10:11am On Jul 26, 2018
Try any of the banks that gives you something for banking with them. I can refer you to Nationwide where we both get £100 for opening an account with them wink
Here is a good link with info
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/
sutelk:
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2018
Quiet house. Where is everyone? Let me guess. Everyone has received alert. Nobody get time nairaland now. Issorait, me too I don get alert.
in other news, today makes it a month I touch down on this land. I don loss tire but I always get found. Greater days ahead. Back to my alert. See ya.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 7:32pm On Jul 28, 2018
sutelk:
Quiet house. Where is everyone? Let me guess. Everyone has received alert. Nobody get time nairaland now. Issorait, me too I don get alert.
in other news, today makes it a month I touch down on this land. I don loss tire but I always get found. Greater days ahead. Back to my alert. See ya.

Bros i never see alert o. Be like say my alert don enter ur side, make i send akant come?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2018
DisGuy:

Bros i never see alert o. Be like say my alert don enter ur side, make i send akant come?
Don't worry your alert will soon come. Na so my own loss before I find am. I didn't mention how they psid everyone on Wednesday and didn't pay me. I called payroll and it turned out my salsa was paid into another persons account. I got payslip without salary. Afraid catch me, but its all sorted now. So don't worry your own is coming.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 11:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
If there is anyone living in East London affected by the low water pressure due to the burst pipe in Stratford. Thames water are giving out free packs of water in the gala bingo car park behind Stratford high street station. If you drive and want to avoid the long queues you can go now . They will be there 24/7 until the water problem is solved.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:59am On Jul 30, 2018
sutelk:

Lol. Oya share for the family now
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by cuteguy201: 8:17am On Jul 30, 2018
Good day Guys, Pls does anyone have any idea of reliable IT recruitment agencies one can connect with from Naija?
Help a brother...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 10:59am On Jul 30, 2018
marylandcakes:
If there is anyone living in East London affected by the low water pressure due to the burst pipe in Stratford. Thames water are giving out free packs of water in the gala bingo car park behind Stratford high street station. If you drive and want to avoid the long queues you can go now . They will be there 24/7 until the water problem is solved.

I heard about this, people complaining about no water to shower, there will be a very long queue by now. That's the difference between a developed country and a third world country. The welfare of the citizens is top priority. The water is cut off for a couple of hours and they start distributing free packs of water.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2018
sutelk:

Don't worry your alert will soon come. Na so my own loss before I find am. I didn't mention how they psid everyone on Wednesday and didn't pay me. I called payroll and it turned out my salsa was paid into another persons account. I got payslip without salary. Afraid catch me, but its all sorted now. So don't worry your own is coming.
ahahaha
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:01am On Aug 01, 2018
sutelk:
Thanks.
DO it on line, try HSBC.It would be easy since you already have one bank account.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2018
dustydee:

SOme people do and rtn the weekend, or if they are greatly needed, the coy pays part or the whole travel expense.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:04am On Aug 01, 2018
Defjamb:
Please I want to ask a question here hypothetically.

If one got married in the UK legally (an EU) , filed and got his working permit. Then suddenly, the couple had a misunderstanding, the woman say she no marry again. Asked the lawyers for her documents, reported to home office then home office fixed a certain date to see the man. What are his chances? All these are hypothetically off course.
Thanks
Be careful if there are no kids involved or if you do not have any of your own kids, speak to a lawyer for advice. This cant be over stressed.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by erico2k2(m): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

I got my first credit card from Vanquis. They started on with 250 credit and its now 4k. Their APR is crazy but they will help you build your credit and increase your credit limit over time.
Vanquis are thieves, once you build ur credit history, apply fru your bank and do balance transfer sharp sharp.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2018
erico2k2:

Vanquis are thieves, once you build ur credit history, apply fru your bank and do balance transfer sharp sharp.

Theives? Very far from that Oga..... Nah pesin apply for their debt card nah, nah you fill the form, nah u post am or click send nah.......

They are into debt card business, simply for one reason only....... TO MAKE MONEY....... They are no charity organisation.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.