Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango (2949 Views)

Shiva Wallpaper HD Download / Is AMADIOHA The 'Yahweh' Of The Bible? / Amadioha Vs Sango: The Gods Of Thunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2017
Is Shiva/Lei Kun greater than jesus/muhammad who in turn are Greater than our African Gods?

Article by Eze Driz.zy:

I've been watching Bollywood movies since I was a toddler and I've never seen any scene where a western preacher walks into a village, goes to a Hindu temple, confronts the Hindu priests, battles the Hindu gods, wins, burns down the temple and converts the entire village to Christianity.

I've been watching Chinese movies too since like forever and I've never witnessed a scene like that.

But 80% of our Nollywood movies with plots set during the colonial era and even modern times have scripts like this.
Scenes of African gods being defeated by the white man's god.

Does it mean that the white man's god is powerless against Lord Shiva, Lord Krishna, Buddha, Allah and all the Asian gods?
Is it only when matched against the black man's gods that the white man's juju is on top form?

Let me tell something:

Religion is nothing but a war of cultural identity and superiority.
And Africa lost.

The Indians and the Chinese held their gates.
They rejected every aspect of colonialism that sought to tarnish and belittle their cultural heritage.
That's why they stand proud today.
That's why you'll never find such scenes in their movies.

That's why you and I will never see anything wrong with a samurai, ninjas, kong fu, tai chi, yoga and all the things we see in movies from the lands of the rising sun.
Heck, Most of us wanted to be ninjas after watching Five Elements of Ninja and American Ninja, as kids.
The fact that ninjas are historically soulless blood thirsty assassins used by Japanese emperors to inflict fear and death on rebellious provinces didn't even matter. We all loved them regardless.

But the very sight of a dibia in a Nollywood movie would send negative signals to our brains.

Why do we always portray our cultural heritage in a negative light?

Yes they were crude and barbaric; evil even.
But which ancient culture wasn't?
Even the bible and Quran cultures you hold so dear are no exceptions.

It's funny how a lot of Africans still believe the white man gave them Christianity to save their souls and bring them salvation.
I laugh in 400 years of black slavery and subjugation.
Given how the white man treated our ancestors, like animals, how on earth are you people able to convince yourselves that they gave a mess about the black man's soul.
We were animals without souls to them!
Don't you see that you're still slaves?

It's 2017, the white mans world is working on innovative ideas. But Nigerian Facebook is lit with arguments of church tithes and offerings.
Is this how we're going to be great?

I've said this before and I'll say it again.
"Slavery never left Africa. They just removed the chains from our bodies and bound our minds with them".

22 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by stinggy(m): 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Let me tell something:

Religion is nothing but a war of cultural identity and superiority.
And Africa lost.

The Indians and the Chinese held their gates.
They rejected every aspect of colonialism that sought to tarnish and belittle their cultural heritage.
That's why they stand proud today.
That's why you'll never find such scenes in their movies.

Truth! Nothing but the truth.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by vaxx: 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2017
When a false dogma exist for long in the fabric of the society, it become very difficult to distinguish the false from the truth.such is the case of Africa....we have been brainwashed so much that we see every aspect of our culture evil......cloth, food, skin,language , religion etc as evil....... One nairalander posted on a certain topic that having a black skin is a curse from Yahweh........you can imagine .....

If lies persist often enough, the truth will become entirely hidden ....as it is now........thankfully, we have seen the differences and that should make us a changing agent....

10 Likes

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by GooseBaba: 9:41pm On Nov 05, 2017
The average abrahamist would not take the time to evaluate their hate and degradation of their ancestral identity. To the extent that nowadays any mention of "ancestors" is seen as evil.

But they fail to realize that they're worshipping the ancestors of other people and preserving their legacies. By regurgitating only the exaggerated negative aspect of their forebears through the written words of European authors they see no problem with that.

They are quick to accept their ancestors as evil practitioners without any scrutiny. That is the annoying part of it all...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by spongeisback: 10:00pm On Nov 05, 2017
Thank you so much for this write up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by OtemSapien: 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
You couldn't have said it better OP. Here is what Itopa also said when he saw this kind of situation:

Doctufos: Otem Erectus 161:7-8

7. And they mentioned the names of foreign gods as their own gods. And the names of foreign ancestors did they mention as their own ancestors.
8. And itopa cried out, saying, this is abomination! Where have you heard all these things?
And some took sharp objects to stab him because they said that he had blasphemed the foreign god whom they worship.
Iamgenius, Petra1, UsmanbnShittu, you guys should come and learn.

1 Like

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2017
Point of Note:
I'm in no way propagating atheism via this post.

This post goes beyond that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by sonofluc1fer: 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2017
PAGAN9JA:
Point of Note:

My man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by dalaman: 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2017
I copied this from a friend's wall on facebook. It's pertinent so I'll drop it here

Once upon a time, our ancestors in Nigeria weren't muslims or christians ,they were proud animists and the Abrahimic concept and idea of God was all too alien to their culture. Back then our ancestors had their various beliefs and religions.

Then the white colonizers and slave traders together with the Fulani jihadist from the north led by Uthman Dan Fodio came and robbed them off, of most of their culture and beliefs and their names and imposed Islam on them in the north while the Europeans did same to those in the south. Ever since then the hausa people have been desperately trying so hard to become Arabs, whom they view as the master race and superior while the Christians have been trying so hard to become spiritual Jews. After all they are all worshipping the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Jews that have nothing to do with them at all.

But then some Hausa muslim fools or christains fools on facebook suffering from cognitive dissonance,indoctrination and slave mentality accuse me of dumping my ancestral culture and the religion of my forefathers for "western influenced atheism" and westernization, I sincerely wanted to ask them what they meant by "western influenced atheism" but I know my people,some are so ignorant that they can't even distinguish between myths,conspiracy theories,fiction , reality and facts. So I spared myself the trouble of having to listen to their foolish answers.

If we're all to go back to our roots, my friends, our roots are not Islamic or christian, our ancestors were animists,they didnt worship a foreign Allah or Yahweh ,it took more than a millenium for the mohammedan religion to come in contact with them and far more years for the Christain religion of the Roman empire to get to them, so are you implying that your forefathers were bloody uncivilized sub-human savages because they weren’t muslims or christians ?

What we call our religion is not really ours to begin with,the names we bear are mostly Arabic/ Roman names ,we adhere to an Arab/ Jewish religion, we pray to an Arab/Jewish God, the muslims even pary to their God in his native Arabic,all the festivities Nigerian muslims celebrate are Arab/islamic festivities,they believe Arabic is more superior to their native Hausa. Christians believe having what they call christian names are better than their tribal names .What exactly do you call that? Isn't that slave mentality of the highest order? Discarding your culture for that of your invaders and colonizers. Most of us are all suffering from stockholm syndrome without even realising.

So please before you accuse us atheist of leaving our culture and our ancestral religion for "western influenced atheism" (whatever the hell that means), I ask you this,is Islam a hausa religion? Is christianity an Igbo religion? Did Islam originate from the Hausa people? Was prophet Mohammad a Hausa man? What about Jesus did he originate from Imo or Bayelsa? Its a huge shame that we don't even know your own history and the history of the invaders that brought their religions to us.

We both suffer from the samething you accuse me of. Our only difference is choice. Most of you are muslims or christians because you were born into it,Islamic/Arab and Jewish culture and beliefs was shoved down the throats of your ancestors through bloody Jihads, slavery and conquet and they shoved it down yiur parents who shoved it down to you without any choice . Some of you all have had doubts but you're too scared to admit them or to question your religion. Stop deceiving yourselves you are not Christians or Muslims by choice. Speak for yourselves,you've discarded you culture for that of a foreign one and you're so far gone in your ignorance to even realise it.

Stop telling me that i bring shame to my society. I get to be the one who's ashamed of my society. Bunch of Arab and Jewish wannabes.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by hahn(m): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
PAGAN9JA:
Point of Note:

Who ask you? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by ifyan(m): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
I still don't get the fuss why atheist are always interfering with religious matters especially Christian matters.

Is it that you guys don't approve anything religion or is there something l am missing.

Atheist make me understand, thanks.
Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by vaxx: 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2017
dalaman:
I copied this from a friend's wall on facebook. It's pertinent so I'll drop it here

Once upon a time, our ancestors in Nigeria weren't muslims or christians ,they were proud animists and the Abrahimic concept and idea of God was all too alien to their culture. Back then our ancestors had their various beliefs and religions.

Then the white colonizers and slave traders together with the Fulani jihadist from the north led by Uthman Dan Fodio came and robbed them off, of most of their culture and beliefs and their names and imposed Islam on them in the north while the Europeans did same to those in the south. Ever since then the hausa people have been desperately trying so hard to become Arabs, whom they view as the master race and superior while the Christians have been trying so hard to become spiritual Jews. After all they are all worshipping the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. Jews that have nothing to do with them at all.

But then some Hausa muslim fools or christains fools on facebook suffering from cognitive dissonance,indoctrination and slave mentality accuse me of dumping my ancestral culture and the religion of my forefathers for "western influenced atheism" and westernization, I sincerely wanted to ask them what they meant by "western influenced atheism" but I know my people,some are so ignorant that they can't even distinguish between myths,conspiracy theories,fiction , reality and facts. So I spared myself the trouble of having to listen to their foolish answers.

If we're all to go back to our roots, my friends, our roots are not Islamic or christian, our ancestors were animists,they didnt worship a foreign Allah or Yahweh ,it took more than a millenium for the mohammedan religion to come in contact with them and far more years for the Christain religion of the Roman empire to get to them, so are you implying that your forefathers were bloody uncivilized sub-human savages because they weren’t muslims or christians ?

What we call our religion is not really ours to begin with,the names we bear are mostly Arabic/ Roman names ,we adhere to an Arab/ Jewish religion, we pray to an Arab/Jewish God, the muslims even pary to their God in his native Arabic,all the festivities Nigerian muslims celebrate are Arab/islamic festivities,they believe Arabic is more superior to their native Hausa. Christians believe having what they call christian names are better than their tribal names .What exactly do you call that? Isn't that slave mentality of the highest order? Discarding your culture for that of your invaders and colonizers. Most of us are all suffering from stockholm syndrome without even realising.

So please before you accuse us atheist of leaving our culture and our ancestral religion for "western influenced atheism" (whatever the hell that means), I ask you this,is Islam a hausa religion? Is christianity an Igbo religion? Did Islam originate from the Hausa people? Was prophet Mohammad a Hausa man? What about Jesus did he originate from Imo or Bayelsa? Its a huge shame that we don't even know your own history and the history of the invaders that brought their religions to us.

We both suffer from the samething you accuse me of. Our only difference is choice. Most of you are muslims or christians because you were born into it,Islamic/Arab and Jewish culture and beliefs was shoved down the throats of your ancestors through bloody Jihads, slavery and conquet and they shoved it down yiur parents who shoved it down to you without any choice . Some of you all have had doubts but you're too scared to admit them or to question your religion. Stop deceiving yourselves you are not Christians or Muslims by choice. Speak for yourselves,you've discarded you culture for that of a foreign one and you're so far gone in your ignorance to even realise it.

Stop telling me that i bring shame to my society. I get to be the one who's ashamed of my society. Bunch of Arab and Jewish wannabes.
I really Like this your write up......my question is......why are you an atheists? It is strange to Africa....
Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by dalaman: 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
vaxx:
I really Luke this your write up......my question is......why are you an atheists? It is strange to Africa....

I don't care if atheism is strange to anybody. If am to be religious I'll practice an African traditional religion. I don't know why we are practicing the religions of the invaders and slave traders. It doesn't make any sense at all.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by ifyan(m): 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2017
Though l will still blame those adherents of religion believe to the rise in atheism and agnosticism because of....

1. Ignorance
2. Following the wrong path
3. Confusion
4. Our LORD is no longer the way,truth and life but the Speaker
5. Twisting of the Scripture
6. False prophet
7. Expectations
8. E. T. C

I love U all,atheist let me understand your path
Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by ifyan(m): 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2017
Mind U despite my religious believe l still respect your irrespective of your position on mine.

I am not perfect though.
Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by vaxx: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
dalaman:

I don't care if atheism is strange to anybody. If am to be religious I'll practice an African traditional religion. I don't know why we are practicing the religions of the invaders and slave traders. It doesn't make any sense at all.
you are making a lot of sense here...... So why don't you go back to the religion of your race.....

3 Likes

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by dalaman: 9:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
vaxx:
you are making a lot of sense here...... So why that you go back to the religion of your race.....

I could even practice a religion of my people that I find facinating. Many whites practice christianity and Judaism as a cultural heritage. They don't believe in it but just accept it as their cultural heritage.

I can practice a traditional African religion as a cultural heritage if I see one that facinates me, unfortunately there is non that facinates me. Non is reformed and they dwell too much on mythology and fiction.

7 Likes

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by vaxx: 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2017
dalaman:

I could even practice a religion of my people that I find facinating. Many whites practice christianity and Judaism as a cultural heritage. They don't believe in it but just accept it as their cultural heritage.

I can practice a traditional African religion as a cultural heritage if I see one that facinates me, unfortunately there is non that facinates me. Non is reformed and they dwell too much on mythology and fiction.
mythology and fiction in African tradition are just a symbolic idealogy to awaken our consciousness........in fact most of the practices are beneficial..... For example....in my tribe it is prohibited for a pregnant woman to walk in the sun......logically walking in the heated sun for a pregnanat woman can lead to higher distressed which can increase her blood pressure.....most of the African dogma are really logical if it is put into practise ......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
hahn:

Who ask you? undecided

I clarified. This is my thread. I don't need anyonne to ask me. so shut your face and read whats given. its meant for imbeciles like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
vaxx:
I really Like this your write up......my question is......why are you an atheists? It is strange to Africa....

why are you christian/muslim?

Yes atheism is strange to Africa. what then stops you from practicing your tribal animism?

1 Like

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2017
ifyan:
Though l will still blame those adherents of religion believe to the rise in atheism and agnosticism because of....

1. Ignorance
2. Following the wrong path
3. Confusion
4. Our LORD is no longer the way,truth and life but the Speaker
5. Twisting of the Scripture
6. False prophet
7. Expectations
8. E. T. C

I love U all,atheist let me understand your path

This post is about Paganism.. not atheism. stop dragging atheism everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2017
dalaman:

none should fascinate you save that of your tribe unless you hate yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by hahn(m): 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

I clarified. This is my thread. I don't need anyonne to ask me. so shut your face and read whats given. its meant for imbeciles like you.

Go straight turn right, go to the left, climb the mountain and go into the valley

Under the rock you will see someone who gives a fvck cheesy grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
no offence but atheism is not the perfect alternative to abrahmaism. atheists tend to view Africa through a Western filter.

it is false that atheist ideology gives complete freedom. if you study world politics and current affairs, excess atheism gives way to societal breakdown and pseudo-liberalism. one of the offshoots is communism.

It is only Paganism that grants a complete midway and a greater ideological fteedom per say.

Africans need religion and African nations need grassroots movements starting from the local village level.

To Progress, Nigeria needs nationalism.

if anything, atheism is one factor responsible for the current stagnation in social affairs in Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
hahn:

Go straight turn right, go to the left, climb the mountain and go into the valley

why are you here then? go back under your rock

1 Like

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2017
ifyan:
I still don't get the fuss why atheist are always interfering with religious matters especially Christian matters.

Is it that you guys don't approve anything religion or is there something l am missing.

Atheist make me understand, thanks.

Go get your reading glasses and go through the article again.

I wrote this article as a Pagan . Not an atheist.

and we Pagans have suffered enoufh at the hands of your chridtian interference.

burning shrines, killing non believers,organizing crusades, outlawing tradition and festivals, brainwashing people against their forefathers spirituality, abusing, etc.

dont act so innocent now. anyways i wont blame you. it is your parents generation responsible for this mess.

3 Likes

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by hahn(m): 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

why are you here then? go back under your rock

Me? Nah bro. I was robbed. I have no more bleeps to give tongue
Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by vaxx: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Yes atheism is strange to Africa. what then stops you from practicing your tribal animism?

1 Like

Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by vaxx: 11:59pm On Nov 06, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

I once told you I am African traditional faithful......
Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by dalaman: 8:27am On Nov 07, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

none should fascinate you save that of your tribe unless you hate yourself.

What are you saying
Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by OtemSapien: 9:03am On Nov 07, 2017
hahn:

You've misled me undecided
Re: Shiva/lei Kun > Jesus/muhammad > Amadioha/sango by hahn(m): 9:16am On Nov 07, 2017
OtemSapien:
You've misled me undecided

Hahaha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lucifer Is Not Satan Or The Devil / Welcome To This New Month, It Is Your Month Of Perfection. / Open Letter To General Overseers And Church Leaders In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.