Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell (12883 Views)

Hell Is Waiting For Womens In Trousers... (Photo) / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ud4u: 11:23am On Mar 23, 2010
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof is destruction. Use your teeth and count your tongue. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Teminio: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2010
This post and discussion is pretty much of an idle talk by little mind.

Christian with knowledge and understanding don’t discuss trivial issues like this.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by kemisuga(f): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2010
Very Interesting grin grin grin
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Kx: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2010
ud4u:

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the end thereof is destruction. Use your teeth and count your tongue. A word is enough for the wise.

Matthew 19:24 "Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."  

“Enter through the narrow gate,” Jesus says at the end of the Sermon on the Mount. “For the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many. How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life. And those who find it are few.” (Mt. 7:13-14)
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by hamabra(m): 2:56pm On Mar 23, 2010
I may not know too much but i understand from Bible that King David of Bible days WORE SKIRT so is the guy in hell now.TROUSERS WILL NEVER TAKE ANYMAN TO HELL.QED smiley wink grin
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayodele123(m): 5:13pm On Mar 23, 2010
Deuteronomy 22:5 is the point of reference and it is very clear. it is not ambiguous.
Women are forbidden from wearing trousers because it is a clothing that pertains to a man.
whether we like it or not, God will judge us by His word and not by our own interpretation of the Word as we may think it to be.
if you are a woman who likes to wear trousers in violation of God's instruction, go ahead. your reward is waiting for you in Revelations 22:11,12 &19.
When you get to Hell to confirm God's word about women wearing trousers, it will be too late o because there will be no second chance to make amends.
Your choice of eternal destination is your own choice.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by vocalist(f): 5:26pm On Mar 23, 2010
i don't know some of u are so careless about the word of GOD or do u think that GOD is a man that will lie, what did GOD promise the sons of disobedience, u know it , so inasmuch as u are puting on trousers: WHICH GOD SPOKE in his word that a man should not put on any thing that pertaineth to a woman, likewise the woman, u can never change the world of GOD, because of ur scientific knowledge or human philosophy,

the promise made for the disobedience is also urs in as much as u puting on a man's garment, and also those male that put's on womens garment by plaiting of their hairs, the promise is also for you. whether u like it or not. the word of GOD STANDS SURE.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by MrCartha: 6:40pm On Mar 23, 2010
This posting sounds so mohammedic undecided
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by InesQor(m): 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2010
I can't believe I am still receiving notifications on this rather misplaced topic? undecided

Do you think it is everything in the Bible that applies to you as an individual?

Christians with understanding should know that there are things in the Bible that are instructions for legal conduct among the Jews, there are historical accounts (or partial historical accounts), there are prophecies, there are instructions that describe spiritual laws; there are things that God said to his own people, there are things God said to Satan, there are things He said to demons, there are things men said to God, there are foolish things men said to men, and there are wise things men said to men, etc. THEY ARE ALL USEFUL, BUT USEFUL FOR DIFFERENT THINGS!
2Ti 3:16 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action),

If you just slap and dash all the information like an illiterate, you will keep coming up with nonsense claims like "Trousers take people to hell". shocked undecided

Jesus said,
Mat 13:44 The kingdom of heaven is like something precious buried in a field, which a man found and hid again; then in his joy he goes and sells all he has and buys that field.

It is buried! Which means that you can't just read the Bible at face value and gloat away with information. You need to divide the truth accurately and know what it is saying and how it applies to you, or what to do with it if it does not apply to you!

We are meant to RIGHTLY DIVIDE the truth, because it is between the words, not the words in their exact self.
2Ti 2:15 Study and be eager and do your utmost to present yourself to God approved (tested by trial), a workman who has no cause to be ashamed, correctly analyzing and accurately dividing [rightly handling and skillfully teaching] the Word of Truth.

The scripture was describing dressing conduct for Jews after the flesh. Are you Jews after the flesh? embarassed

Poppycock and nonsense! cheesy cheesy grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Callfubu(m): 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2010
U find out that the world is getting corrupt by the second, i'm nt claiming to be holy but when a man commits lust of the eyes it is majorly with a womans dressing and these dressings r majorly troussers,mini skirts bum shorts and other skimpy dresses dat girls wear nowadays. If u justify troussers then u hav to justify bum shorts. Its jst lyk justifying a white lie when we all know that all liars have their place in hell, either its white, black, purple or green its all lie. We shld all know that the bible says believers and sinners shld be diff both in manner and in dressing. Wil u see a girl on troussers and regard her as a born again believer? I think we all know the truth, God gave evrybody conscience, i suggest we use it and stop justifying issues. The truth is hard and bitter. It is very very very easy for girls to wear troussers than skirts. If troussers is banned, girls wil lament seriously and they might evn buy it as contraband goods but if skirts are banned especially the decent long ones, its just the vry few believers in the church that wil lament, girls on troussers wont give a shit. THINK ABOUT IT !!!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by InesQor(m): 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Callfubu: What about Christian girls that live in cold regions of the world? They should wear skirts too undecided
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Zodiac61(m): 10:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
Callfubu:

U find out that the world is getting corrupt by the second, i'm nt claiming to be holy but when a man commits lust of the eyes it is majorly with a womans dressing and these dressings r majorly troussers,mini skirts bum shorts and other skimpy dresses dat girls wear nowadays. If u justify troussers then u hav to justify bum shorts. Its jst lyk justifying a white lie when we all know that all liars have their place in hell, either its white, black, purple or green its all lie. We shld all know that the bible says believers and sinners shld be diff both in manner and in dressing. Wil u see a girl on troussers and regard her as a born again believer? I think we all know the truth, God gave evrybody conscience, i suggest we use it and stop justifying issues. The truth is hard and bitter. It is very very very easy for girls to wear troussers than skirts. If troussers is banned, girls wil lament seriously and they might evn buy it as contraband goods but if skirts are banned especially the decent long ones, its just the vry few believers in the church that wil lament, girls on troussers wont give a poo. THINK ABOUT IT !!!
If a man is unable to control himself in the face of an attractively dressed female, that surely is his problem. Why blame the woman?
What exactly is the sin of lust? A thought crime, maybe. Surely, from your view point, the important thing is not to act on the lustful thoughts. Frankly, all I can see here is the hatred of women.
If a church wants to ban its female members from wearing trousers or short skirts, that the church's problem. No doubt, its members will vote with their feet. But I fear that for the fundamentalists (many of whom have contributed to this post) this will not be enough. They will not be happy until the state bans the wearing of apparel they consider to be indecent.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by tlops(m): 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2010
shioor come and wear skirt in Norway and see ifu will not enter hell asap shocked shocked when ur tny legs freezes
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by slimfine(f): 3:56am On Mar 24, 2010
hell will be crowded as hell then!

u guys really think the almighty God is concerned about women wearing trouser? wow, shocked
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by kehindebad(m): 10:02am On Mar 24, 2010
people are sooooo shallow,
ok, abeg can anyone check the bible & tell me where trousers was mentioned,
ok,in all the pictures i've seen of bible characters, the men where robes o,
so who says men traditionally wear trousers
ehn ehn, even scottish men have continued the tradition of wearing skirts,
doesnt that suggest that men originally wore skirts,
if so arent all men going to hell then grin

people are just so funny
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by freshera: 10:59am On Mar 24, 2010
[size=15pt]what about tights and underwear shorts for women cos they are also mini trousers (have two legs?)[/size]

Every woman wears these.

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Saazy(f): 11:44am On Mar 24, 2010
the bible is nt a novel its a spiritual book meaning u have 2 b in then spirit 2 understand.wat the bible meant in the book of det is simply DRESS DECENTLY so haters take a trip angry angry angry angrywat would u prefer a mini skirt or a trousers ??remember wearing d longest skirt is not a free ticket 2 heaven grin grin grin grin na dem even do pass shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by tylesh(f): 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2010
Read d whole of DEUTERONOMY 22. my dear, dont interprete d bible 2 wat u feel, its wrng, was trouser mentioned in d bible or men's clothing?dts ow pple fail exams, were u in Heaven to see wat dey wore at dt time?d tite (underweaar) u wear beneath is in d form of wat? Xtianity is not ignorance.rytin shd be done in decency & moderacy, sefini
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2010
what would you say about Jesus who wore a skirt, go research ancient jewish dress culture dude
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by insideview: 4:50pm On Mar 24, 2010
seriously??!!!! undecided
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by astuto: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2010
What!  that ladies wearing trousers will go to hell? Nonsense.   
Make no mistake, that is NOT a Biblical instruction at all. It is borne out of a culture-bound, conservative and fearful mindset. this mindset is very prevalent among many village men and women. It has no place in modern civillized society.

Jeesh! what's the link between covering nudity and going to hell? Nothing except somebody's imagination running wild.

I think any girl who spites other girls who dress up because she doesn't should re-evaluate herself and be happy with whatever path she has chosen.

Frankly, i didnt know this was an issue until late into secondary school when i began to hear this twisted interpretation of guidelines for morality.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by please: 8:04am On Mar 25, 2010
whoever said that women wearing throusers will go to hell? Bleep THE PERSON!!
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by nuella2(f): 9:36am On Mar 25, 2010
Any man that use powder on his face will go to hell grin

What has trouser got to do with christianity, some people's mentality and interpretation of scriptures are really amazing.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ifyegede(m): 1:15pm On Mar 25, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt]God's word states unequivocally that "a woman shall not put on that which belongeth to a woman for ALL that do so are an ABOMINATION unto the Lord thy God". What ever opinions,arguements & idealogies u put forward, remember on the last day it will be ur word against God's word.Hope ur arguements wud overwhelm God's.[/size][/size]
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Faustina1: 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2010
I love to dress modestly, i wear trouser too and i know and you now that there is a trouser made for women and men. If i wear a man's trouser people will say i am a tom girl and lot of other gossip, what ever is meant for women should be wore by women and what ever is meant for men should be wore by men. Trousers are made for both sex wear it modestly and God who knows our heart will be the Judge of whom is going to Heaven or Hell be free and do good with all your heart. If you are a preacher ask people to turn away from evil and not criticise people Thank u.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by sulad82i(m): 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2010
Pastors, why do they like to make some comments thats very stupid
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by ayodele123(m): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2010
This debate is baseless.
The word of God in Deuteronomy 22:5 is very clear
There is no ambiguity in His word. (Rev 22:11,18-19)
Whether you believe in the word of God or not, you will be judged by the word of God as stated and meant by God, not by your own interpretation.
If you want to go to Hell first before you can believe it, go ahead but take note that there will be no second chance to make amendment.
Believe or not to believe, the race to heaven is an individual and a personal race. every person will stand before the judgment seat of Christ and be judged by the Word, not by the comments and interpretations on this thread.
Dear,the choice of your eternal home- Heaven or Hell -is your decision to make.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Faustina1: 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2010
i don't know what to say but hear is a question who are you, what does God have in mind for Mankind, are you now very sure of your own salvation, do you love Mankind more than God? if you can amswer this question then I believe this topic is sorted out. lipsrsealed
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by akinolasam: 1:13am On Mar 26, 2010
I HAVE A FEW THINGS TO ADD TO ALL THE +VES AND -VES THAT PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SENDING IN ON THIS POST.

my submission
1. WHEN A MAN REFUSES TO READ HIS BIBLE BUT DEPENDS ON WHAT HIS PASTOR {who should also sit down and read} TELLS HIM, YOU SHOULD EXPECT ALL KINDS OF RELIGIOUS CONFUSION.
2. WHEN THE SO CALL 'PASTOR' ALSO FORGET HIS PRIMARY CALL TO WIN SOULS AND START PREACHING & TEACHING DOCTRINES JUST TO KEEP HIS TERRITORY INTACT, YOU SHOULD EXPECT CONFUSION.
3. WHEN OUR 'PASTORS' AND LEADERS LIKE ELI IN THE BOOK OF SAMUEL DO NOT TAKE CARE OF THEIR OWN HOUSEHOLD AND CHILDREN BUT START POLICING OTHER PEOPLE YOU SHOULD EXPECT NOTHING ELSE BUT CONFUSION.
4. MANY GENERAL OVERSEERS, FOUNDERS, PASTORS, EVANGELISTS AND WHAT EVER TITLE YOU MAY WANT TO CALL THEM ARE BETTER REFERRED TO AS "KINGDOM POLICEMAN" RATHER THAN PREACHERS. ALL THEY TALKED ABOUT IS {women wearing trouser, women not covering their head, women ministering from the pulpit, women putting on ear rings; wearing lace; weaving or styling their hair; using powder and perfumes; etc}
5. ALL THOSE DEFENDING GOD AND HIS WORD FORGET THAT THEIR FIRST DUTY IS TO WORK OUT THEIR OWN SALVATION WITH TREMBLING AND FEAR. WHEN WE GET TO HEAVEN {that is if they finally make it} EVERY ONE WILL STAND TO RECEIVE HIS COMMENDATION / CONDEMNATION.

I will also want to ask few questions which some of us can help ask some of these "policemen/women" in the Church.
1. WHAT IS THE TYPICAL WEAR OF AN HEBREW MAN & WOMAN? MUST WE ALL BE DRESSING LIKE AN HEBREW OR A JEW, PETER AND PAUL, SALOME AND LYDIA BEFORE WE CAN MAKE HEAVEN? LET THEM GIVE US AN APPROVED LIST SO THAT WE CAN KNOW WHAT STYLE TO SOW WHEN NEXT WE GO TO FASHION DESIGNERS.
2. WAS THE WOMAN WHO POURED COSTLY OINTMENT ON CHRIST FEET AND LATER ON USED HER HAIR TO WIPE IT OFF WEARING AN HEAD-TIE/NOT? BEARING IN MIND THAT NO PLACE COULD BE A BETTER CHURCH THAN WHERE CHRIST ASSEMBLED HIS DISCIPLES FOR TEACHING.
3. WHICH CHURCH IS THE PERFECT ASSEMBLY THROUGH WHICH ONE CAN MAKE HEAVEN?

Pls, these preachers should be concerned on how they can help rebuild hope back to the human race. People are thirsty to know God and not on which skirt is short/long, which hair style is carnal/spiritual. We all need to always remember the story of the pharisee and the common man that met on the altar of prayers. the one who appear "HOLIER THAN THOU" was said to returned condemned and the so call sinner left justified. So remove the beam in your own eyes first.

AND TO THE DECENT PEOPLE OUT THERE, U KNOW WHAT IS PROPER AND BEFITTING TO DO.
IF YOU ARE AMONG THOSE WHO STILL DO NOT KNOW LITTLE THING LIKE WHAT IS DECENT AND MODESTY TO PUT ON/WEAR, THEN YOU SURE ARE NOT SAVED.
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by laposta: 12:12pm On Mar 26, 2010
honestly, i do not like debating on issues bothering around what the bible is saying or what it is not saying, i believe salvation is personal and as such everyone gets to dance to his own tune, in truth, the bible admonishes men not to where what pertains to women and women not to do other wise, i wonder why it is being applied to trousers alone, here is a comprehensive list of what men and women wear,
1.) women wear kaftan, SO ALSO MEN DO
2.)women wear face caps, SO ALSO MEN DO
3.) women wear suits, SO ALSO MEN DO
4.) women wear shirts, SO ALSO MEN DO
5.) women wear singlets, SO ALSO MEN DO
must this Deut 22:5 be only applied to trousers?
I read a commentary once and that revolutionized my concept of Christainity
when the verse in question was written, homosexuality was gaining grounds among the Israelites and due to jewish culture, men an women were usually dressed in robes. the only difference between men's style of dressing and the women's style was the veil which the women put on. and as a result of that, men wanting to disguise as women put on veils too and this was exactly what the Bible was cautioning with that verse. If one were to apply the same rule to this day living. then we are better going about naked. proponents of the non-trouser style for women quote this verse and fail to reckon with the ones that follow subsequently. the one that deals with putting clothes made of two materials, that is absolutely impracticable in this day era where more than one material is used in making fabrics.
on a lighter mood, when i was much younger and people came up with this no trouser thing for women, i ask them about the 5 things i listed above that men and women wear and they do not add to their list, instead of preaching against corruption the pastor is preaching against trousers, what a ministry
Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by Zodiac61(m): 1:08pm On Mar 26, 2010
laposta:

I read a commentary once and that revolutionized my concept of Christainity
when the verse in question was written, homosexuality was gaining grounds among the Israelites and due to jewish culture, men an women were usually dressed in robes. the only difference between men's style of dressing and the women's style was the veil which the women put on. and as a result of that, men wanting to disguise as women put on veils too and this was exactly what the Bible was cautioning with that verse. If one were to apply the same rule to this day living. then we are better going about unclothed. proponents of the non-trouser style for women quote this verse and fail to reckon with the ones that follow subsequently. the one that deals with putting clothes made of two materials, that is absolutely impracticable in this day era where more than one material is used in making fabrics.

How very interesting wink wink wink wink wink
If only there was some truth in that commentary. sources,please.
Of course, these commentaries are essentially what contemporary writers make up to explain what seems unexplainable. Deut.22.5 does not say what the "commentator" says. All it says is that "the woman shall not wear what pertaineth unto the man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God." 
Where does it mention homosexuality? Why must there be attempts to explain the mind of god?
Could not the reality be that this was a Jewish cultural practice which the leaders of the day wished to enforce as the word of their deity?
And seeing that we are focusing on women going to hell because they wear trousers, how about verses 14 to 21? I hardly ever hear pastors mention these. How many women have been taken to their fathers' houses and have been stoned to death for not being virgins on their wedding nights? Or have these verses ceased to be of relevance in the christian's life.

1 Like

Re: Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell by cibilola(f): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2010
ayodele123:

This debate is baseless.
The word of God in Deuteronomy 22:5 is very clear
There is no ambiguity in His word. (Rev 22:11,18-19)
Whether you believe in the word of God or not, you will be judged by the word of God as stated and meant by God, not by your own interpretation.
If you want to go to Hell first before you can believe it, go ahead but take note that there will be no second chance to make amendment.
Believe or not to believe, the race to heaven is an individual and a personal race. every person will stand before the judgment seat of Christ and be judged by the Word, not by the comments and interpretations on this thread.
Dear,the choice of your eternal home- Heaven or Hell -is your decision to make.

Ayodele, you are either a shallow minded somebody or your Bible comprises only of Deut 22 vs 5. Anofia! you better remove the speck in your eyes and read the whole chapter from beginning to end. People like you are the first to reach hell's gate! angry primitive mind!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is God A Trinity? / Download Brokenness By Dr. D.K Olukoya - Book (pdf) / Where Was Jesus Born, In A House Or Manger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.