Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (78612 Views)

Is Jesus God? / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2018
Okay. On the other hand, why did you act as if you did not see my questions?

I will copy and paste them again for you.

At Jesus baptism when the Holy Spirit came down from heaven in the form of a dove, did it come as the holy spirit or did it come in flesh thereby leaving its godliness in heaven?

The holy spirit was sent by Jesus from God to the earth, since then has it returned? If not where is it today? It was seen as fire by the disciples of Jesus. It came as a dove upon Jesus. It came as burning fire to Moses. Why did the Bible ask us to pray for the father to give us holy spirit?

In your doctrinal depiction of the holy spirit etched on your church walls and used in your books, he has the structure of a man and the face of a man. Did the Bible ever describe the holy spirit that way?

Did anyone ever see the face of the father? If not, why did you design it as the face of a man?
Hairyrapunzel:

My responses are not insults. If you can call christian churches Babylon the great be ready to accept the name Babylon the great. I repeat your organization is the Babylon the great. Which of your core doctrines are bible based again. Jesus is a god is not bible based it is assumption based. Assumer
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

All this just to discredit the use of Yahweh and justify the use of Jehovah which originated and was popularised by people you consider pagans. Yahweh is a transliteration of YHWH while Jehovah is an anglicised form of yahowah ie probably A transliteration of yahowah. But the ancient scripts had יהוה‬ in Hebrew and YHWH in Latin. Jehovah is just a mispronunciation.
No ancient script had Jehovah either. Therefore the Jehovah written all over your bible even in the Greek manuscript were it was never found are just spurious insertions. Your bible is corrupted.
יהוה‬ is not in the 'ancient' script either cheesy cheesy

or what do you refer to as ancient script?

Can you tell us what parchment of the ancient script that we can find יהוה‬ ?

Tell me who anglicised the name and what year?

Do you know the meaning of the verb 'to anglicise'?

Is Yahowah English or anglicised? wink wink

When did English become a language of authors and the elites?

School time!

Can you also show me where Jesus and John were written in the Bible that you speak off?

Prove to me where the word 'Bible' can be found in the scriptures.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The blame game will not save you. Jesus pronunciation is very clear. In the case of jesus, they knew the name and pronunciation in Greek, Latin and Hebrew. Pronunciation was never a problem. People who coined the name of Jehovah were not sure of the spelling or pronunciation till date we ain't sure. Some scholars agree while others disagree. I have never read where the name "Jesus" caused disagreement amongst scholars.
So what was Jesus Hebrew name?? Evidently, he was never called Jesus. So what was the Hebrew name?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

What sort of dumb and fallacious reasoning is this? They were accepted because they were being pronounced in Hebrew, greek and latin. Jews don't even pronounce YHWH, so how will you form an English word from a word that has no Hebrew, greek or latin pronunciation and expect it to be correct?
Same logic goes to your Yahweh.
Earlier you said that your God is Jehovah and Yahweh and they mean the same as Jesus. You are the same person refuting what you called your God. Dementia is an unstable state of the mind.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Therefore, you now want to justify using an English word that the scholars who coined it are not even sure of. So it is now the assumed English word that the actual sound and meaning might be regained?
Well, thank God you used the word "might" it shows you are not certain about your reasons. It is expected of watchtower to hide under uncertainty yet claim accuracy of facts. Its obvious that this your reasoning is likely to change in future.
You are a Catholic. I can understand why you hate the JW. But Jehovah is a name that the Pope endorsed. All the Catholic clergies endorsed the name and it in on record. Were we in the 15th 0r 16th century, the council of the Inquisition would have had your body undergo a gruesome end.
I put some pictures for you to enjoy. You can deal with your doctrine before the JW. You have attempted so hard to denigrate the JW but it seems futile so far. You are not even solid in your argument. Take away the blame game or insults, you are literally void. Spiralling and circumventing.

Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2018
removetheturban:
Same logic goes to your Yahweh.
Earlier you said that your God is Jehovah and Yahweh and they mean the same as Jesus. You are the same person refuting what you called your God. Dementia is an unstable state of the mind.

grin grin grin
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

You now want to lie on anti jws heads. They do not refute the name Jehovah. They have continuously told you that anti jws refute the name. Let me give you the reasons why.
You can't force people to accept that in other to worship God, you must use the name Jehovah. This is a big lie. First of all Jehovah is an anglicised form of Yahowah and People who coined the name Jehovah are not even sure.
Every language has its name for God. Jehovah is English bro.
Why did you tell me in your earlier post about 5 days ago that the name of your God is Yahweh, Jesus and Jehovah.
Could you be saying this and attacking the name at the same time?
There is a medical name for such erraticness. Such a dichotomous person needs a check. You should be chained or taken somewhere where you can get help.
Seriously!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:
Jesus is a god is not bible based it is assumption based. Assumer
Do you have sense at all ?
Theo's can be rendered " a god " , Yes or No ?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The Greek manuscript that was translated to English does not have Jehovah.
Is this man alright?
You are telling us that a manuscript was in Greek, and that manuscript was translated into English. Then, are you asking us to look for the translated word in the original language? Why was it translated in the first place?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

Liar. The letter j was introduced into English language in the 16th century. But the name Jesus had its pronunciation in tact.
"The name Jesus was not even in use until hundreds of years after, and Jehovah was already translated into English"
You are deceitful when you make this statement like this. History has it that the name Jesus was well in use in the Bible. You make it seem like the word Jehovah was translated into English language way before Jesus. Another lie spotted.
By the time the New Testament was written, the Septuagint had already transliterated ישוע Yeshua` into Koine Greek as closely as possible in the 3rd-century BCE, the result being Ἰησοῦς Iēsous.
This man truly needs a help. You claim that the word "Jesus" was already in use before Jehovah. Ok! Prove it.

You said that the word 'Jesus' was possibly used in the 3rd century BCE. Why, then, does it need to be translated?

How come you are talking about 'Yeshua', 'Ἰησοῦς' and 'Iēsous' ?

To you, what language is 'Jesus'?

I'm exhausted. Your case needs referral.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 14, 2018
Hairyrapunzel:

The consensus among scholars is that the historical vocalization of the Tetragrammaton at the time of the redaction of the Torah (6th century BCE) is most likely Yahweh. The historical vocalization was lost because in Second Temple Judaism, during the 3rd to 2nd centuries BCE, the pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton came to be avoided, being substituted with Adonai ("my Lord"wink. The Hebrew vowel points of Adonai were added to the Tetragrammaton by the Masoretes, and the resulting form was transliterated around the 12th century as Yehowah.[1] The derived forms Iehouah and Jehovah first appeared in the 16th century.
Thank you for copying and pasting. I want to be sure that I am not online with a robot.
If the Masoretes inserted the vowels in ADONAI to make up the word Jehovah. The word Adonai has 4 vowels AOIA, where then is the last vowel ' I'?

is 'E' in AOAI?

the initial transliteration was Yehowah. So, where did the A in Adonai get in?

Were the Masoretes in the 12th or 16th century?

One final question to prove that you are human. When did the word "YAHWEH" first appear?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2018
removetheturban:
I did not judge you. I did not make up the phrase 'Babylon the great'. Are you mad that I am using a Bible phrase?

I only said that we came out of Babylon the great. 'Babylon the great' to any Jehovahs Witness is not Roman Catholic, 'it is the world empire of false religion'.

So, do not feel judged. Do you have any feeling of guilt?

my dear don't give me bullshit, I have jw relative they use to send me books and stuff when I was small, in fact I used their publications to learn how to read.

you guys associate the Catholic Church with Babylon the great unless you are a baby jw who started 20 years ago and only met the softer publications u guys do nowadays.

besides let me ask you, who are in this world empire of false religion?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2018
Peacefullove:

It's because you refuse to think, His Father never ever bow down to anyone as God . never worshipped anyone, Never even call anyone My God . that is what is called Almighty

But Jesus still bow down to someone , never an Almighty

And yet God the Father called Jesus God whose thrown will endure forever.
Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2018
Peacefullove:

Lmao , are you now comparing holy spirit to BREATH ? spirit of man is his breath, So holyspirit is Gods breath too ?

But Jesus doesn't know the mind of God ? grin
see ignorance, I explained myself before go back to my previous post and read carefully.

You actually think breath as used for Spirit is literal? Smh.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2018
I will withhold the bullshit. It is a decider for you. Like I told you, the Bible gave us a phrase and every Christian must use it.

If there is an inclusion of Roman Catholic in 'Babylon the great', are you taking me 20 years back or are we in the present? I just told you what is what and that is it.

The world empire of false religion is outlined in the book of Revelation. Everyone needs to examine himself and ensure that he is not a part of it. Ephesians 5:10 advises each and everyone to keep making sure of what is acceptable to God.

Nonetheless, any person, doctrine or institution that does not follow the law of Christ and observe the principles laid down by Jesus and his father, and also all that the apostles of Jesus wrote in the scriptures is a citizen of the empire of false religion.

Romans 2:13
New International Version
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Revelation 17:18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

Babylon the great has international scope and influence. Not a political body but one that is guilty of the slaughter of the servants of God and many people on the earth.

Revelation 18:24 Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.
Ubenedictus:

my dear don't give me bullshit, I have jw relative they use to send me books and stuff when I was small, in fact I used their publications to learn how to read.

you guys associate the Catholic Church with Babylon the great unless you are a baby jw who started 20 years ago and only met the softer publications u guys do nowadays.

besides let me ask you, who are in this world empire of false religion?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2018
removetheturban:
I just want to say that on this thread, there are mature minds around. It would be better if you construct sentences and back it up with the scriptures.
Posting all these scriptural verses does not synchronize your thought or doctrine.
if you can comprehend it, try and go over it again.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
removetheturban:
So, is it difficult for you to answer?
i don't like doing one thing over and over again. I am quite busy
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2018
removetheturban:
Can you explain what Jesus is saying in
John 5:37
King James 2000 Bible
And the Father himself, who has sent me, has borne witness of me. You have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his form.
read my post very well.
Yes no body has seen the father's form physically God has been seen in flesh.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2018
solite3:
i don't like doing one thing over and over again. I am quite busy
Ok, when you are less busy you answer this.

Can you explain 1 Timothy 6;15?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2018
You mean the almighty God referred to as the father?

Jesus is said to be the image(form) of God. Wasn't he seen in the flesh?
solite3:
read my post very well.
Yes no body has seen the father's form physically God has been seen in flesh.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2018
You have to explain verses and not just posting them for people to figure out whatever.
solite3:
Re: Is Jesus God? by Ubenedictus(m): 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2018
removetheturban:
I will withhold the bullshit. It is a decider for you. Like I told you, the Bible gave us a phrase and every Christian must use it.

If there is an inclusion of Roman Catholic in 'Babylon the great', are you taking me 20 years back or are we in the present? I just told you what is what and that is it.

The world empire of false religion is outlined in the book of Revelation. Everyone needs to examine himself and ensure that he is not a part of it. Ephesians 5:10 advises each and everyone to keep making sure of what is acceptable to God.

Nonetheless, any person, doctrine or institution that does not follow the law of Christ and observe the principles laid down by Jesus and his father, and also all that the apostles of Jesus wrote in the scriptures is a citizen of the empire of false religion.

Romans 2:13
New International Version
For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Revelation 17:18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.”

Babylon the great has international scope and influence. Not a political body but one that is guilty of the slaughter of the servants of God and many people on the earth.

Revelation 18:24 Yes, in her was found the blood of prophets and of holy ones and of all those who have been slaughtered on the earth.
lol

I know you guys, I'm not new to this.

is the Catholic Church part of Babylon the great?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 4:03pm On Jan 14, 2018
solite3:
And yet God the Father called Jesus God whose thrown will endure forever.
Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Expired points as usual .

Didn't God the Father call humans GODS ?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2018
Peacefullove:

Expired points as usual .

Didn't God the Father call humans GODS ?
what made the points expired?

in a metaphorical way God referred to some humans as gods not all.

But God called Jesus God.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 14, 2018
You can be the decider. What do you think?
Ubenedictus:
lol

I know you guys, I'm not new to this.

is the Catholic Church part of Babylon the great?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2018
removetheturban:
Ok, when you are less busy you answer this.

Can you explain 1 Timothy 6;15?

1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

These verses is referring to The Lord Jesus in his glory as God Almighty when he came to this earth he veiled his glory power and authority as God Almighty, he subjected himself as a servant to his father.

But in his time he will prove himself.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2018
solite3:
Do you believe and accept that God sent Jesus to the world because he loved the world?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2018
solite3:
what made the points expired?

Simply because it never said the Father bow down to Jesus or calls him " My God " .

in a metaphorical way God referred to some humans as gods not all.

grin grin guy is caged, looking for way out ... and metaphorical was coined .

Where is metaphorical in the verse ?

point is , God call humans GODS . comprehende ?

But God called Jesus God.
what is your problem .

Didn't he call humans GODS as well ?

Show me where the father refer to anyone as " MY GOD " ?

I will give you countless verses where Jesus acknowledge he has a God . which proves he isn't Almighty
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2018
removetheturban:
Do you believe and accept that God sent Jesus to the world because he loved the world?
yes
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 14, 2018
Do you know the meaning of ALmighty with the word 'father' in mind?
solite3:

1 Timothy 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

These verses is referring to The Lord Jesus in his glory as God Almighty when he came to this earth he veiled his glory power and authority as God Almighty, he subjected himself as a servant to his father.

But in his time he will prove himself.

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2018
solite3:
yes
You believe and accept that God sent Jesus to the world. What do you think it means?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Peacefullove: 4:37pm On Jan 14, 2018
solite3:
see ignorance, I explained myself before go back to my previous post and read carefully.

You actually think breath as used for Spirit is literal? Smh.

I think you are the ignorant one .

I asked : If the holyspirit is a personality , why didn't Jesus mention this person alongside Father , son and angels in Matt 24 vs 36 ?

Is he also among the " NOBODY " that knows the day or hour ? Matt 24 vs 36 .

Should I remind you that, Jesus said ONLY the Father knows ... If holy spirit knows , was Jesus telling lies ?

Or are you telling us Father is not different from holyspirit ?

if holy spirit is a person and doesn't knows , Does it mean Holyspirit doesn't know the mind of God as stated in the verse u replied with ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Reply)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Is Dead / List: 30 Pairs Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another / Olukoya And Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1986

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.