Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (79413 Views)

They Made Jesus God For Christians! / Is Jesus God or Equal to God? / Is Jesus God?(divine Ranking) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 11, 2017
OK seeing that no one doubts the divinity of Christ, now let's go to the fact that he is God ( or to simplify it a member of the Godhead

There are many way this can be established
1) THE BIBLE
2) REASONING OR LOGIC

THE BIBLE; Through what the scripture directly said about Jehovah and Jesus

√comparing attributes of God with that of Christ
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2017
I'm throwing this question to all JW's I need your vfew or point concerning JOHN8;58-59.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:01am On Nov 11, 2017
That is a very brilliant question and I saw it coming. So far, I want to acknowledge the polite and respectful manner in which you have carried this conversation. It is a privilege that you give me the honor to respond to your intelligent questions.

However, if we go by your theory, we will end up co-equalling man to God. And, if we do that we will arrive at calling God dust because Man came from the dust, which I believe that you agree with.
The answer to your question can be found in Genesis 3:22 "Jehovah God then said: “Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad".
Genesis 3:5 For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad

If we magnify these verses one might want to ask you a counter question, "truly in what image was Man created if it took the knowledge of sin to make him be like God?
Perfection! The consummate ability to possess qualities that come from only God.

Before the creation of man, Jesus said that he learned those qualities from God and he spoke just as he heard from God. Since Jesus said that he does nothing of his own initiative but God's, it was fitting to have used the pronoun "us" in that sentence.

Let me make a reference to Exodus 7:1 "Jehovah then said to Moses: “See, I have made you like God to Pharʹaoh, and Aaron your own brother will become your prophet.+ 2 You are to repeat everything that I will command you,.."

In the above verse, you can see the relationship between the two instances. Moses was like a God to Pharoah, yet what he was to do was only repeat the words of Jehovah. Therefore, if being a God to Pharoah was simply repeating words, then, think about possessing similar qualities with Jehovah. That is why Man was addressed as being in the form of God. We know we are dust, empty vessels, but possessing qualities emanating from Jehovah alone, we are pure in his eyes and can be pronounced being in the image of God.

Nevertheless, man is “in God’s image” in that he was created with moral qualities like those of God, namely, love and justice. (Compare Col 3:10.) He also has powers and wisdom above those of animals, so that he can appreciate the things that God enjoys and appreciates, such as beauty and the arts, speaking, reasoning, and similar processes of the mind and heart of which the animals are not capable. Moreover, man is capable of spirituality, of knowing and having communication with God. (1Co 2:11-16; Heb 12:9) For such reasons, man was qualified to be God’s representative and to have in subjection the forms of creature life in the skies, on the earth, and in the sea.

Further reference could be 1 Corinthians 15:27 For God “subjected all things under his feet.” But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that this does not include the One who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.

This above is the same "us" used in Genesis 1:26. You can see the subjection going on and if they are coequal that would be a disqualifier to equality.
Let us put it this way, if a parent say, "let us make a baby". That does not automatically make the wife a husband or the husband a wife. It is a unification of purpose and a working together.
joshnes:
nice answer lovingJehovah now Jehovah told Jesus let US (Jehovah & Jesus) make man in OUR (Jehovah & Jesus) own image. The next verse i.e. 27. "So GOD created man in his own image, in the image of GOD created he him....." Now my follow up question: If we were created by an "us" who is later referred to as God. We were created in the image of an "OUR" who is later also referred to as God. Will you say man was not created in the image of Jesus & Jehovah later called God. Does that not discredit your theory that Jesus is not God?
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 9:15am On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah the issue of man being made in God's image is not the bone of contention. My question is purely grammatical, the pronouns "us" and "our" in vs 26 is it the same reference to the noun "God" in vs 27? And in Exodus 7:1, the word there is "god" not "God". The same in Psalm 82:6.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 9:22am On Nov 11, 2017
I am a JW
Well, if you do a thorough research you will see that I AM is not the name of God. You can do your research. You probably have been reading spurious translations of the scriptures.
The name Jehovah means HE CAUSES TO BECOME and not I AM.
If you bring that argument then 1 Corinthians 15:10 will send you back to a decision table.
What is the Hebrew form of I AM?
Here is the Tetragrammaton YHWH. Do a research to benefit yourself.
Ferisidowu:
I'm throwing this question to all JW's I need your vfew or point concerning JOHN8;58-59.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I am a JW
Well, if you do a thorough research you will see that I AM is not the name of God. You can do your research. You probably have been reading spurious translations of the scriptures.
If you bring that argument then 1 Corinthians 15:10 will send you back to a decision table.
. Oh nice but why did they want to stone him
.since you are a researcher I wonder how you don't know the meaning of Jehovah well it means "[b]SELF EXISTING ONE"[/b]
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I am a JW

Now since you said I should do a thorough research

These are mine findings:::::
I Am that I Am (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה‎, ehyeh asher ehyeh [ehˈje aˈʃer ehˈje]) is the common English translation (JPS among others) of the response that God used in the Hebrew Bible when Moses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14). It is one of the most famous verses in the Torah. Hayah means "existed" in Hebrew; ehyeh is the first person singular imperfect form and is usually translated in English Bibles as "I am" or "I will be" (or "I shall be"wink, for example, at Exodus 3:14. Ehyeh asher ehyeh literally translates as "I Am Who I Am." The ancient Hebrew of Exodus 3:14 lacks a future tense such as modern English has, yet a few translations render this name as "I Will Be What I Will Be," given the context of Yahweh's promising to be with his people through their future troubles.[1] Both the literal present tense "I Am" and the future tense "I will be" have given rise to many attendant theological and mystical implications in Jewish tradition. However, in most English Bibles, in particular the King James Version, the phrase is rendered as I am that I am.
Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh (often contracted in English as "I AM"wink is one of the Seven Names of God accorded special care by medieval Jewish tradition.[2] The phrase is also found in other world religious literature, used to describe the Supreme Being, generally referring back to its use in Exodus. The word Ehyeh is considered by many rabbinical scholars to be a first-person derivation of the Tetragrammaton, see for example Yahweh.

Also

In the Hellenistic Greek literature of the Jewish diaspora the phrase "Ehyeh asher ehyeh" was rendered in Greek "ego eimi ho on ", "I am the BEING".
Septuagint Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I am HE WHO IS (ho ōn): and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, HE WHO IS (ho ōn) hath sent me unto you.[4]
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2017
I least expected a reply in less than 30 minutes. Give some time to God, bro. I did suggest a THOROUGH research. All you did was copy and paste from a single source. Research requires a combination of sources. I gave you the Tetragrammaton and I thought that you would use that as a guide.
Let me attach some historical documents to your delight. I plead that you spend some more time on this serious issue relating to God's name.
Ferisidowu:

Now since you said I should do a thorough research

These are mine findings:::::
I Am that I Am (אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה‎, ehyeh asher ehyeh [ehˈje aˈʃer ehˈje]) is the common English translation (JPS among others) of the response that God used in the Hebrew Bible when Moses asked for his name (Exodus 3:14). It is one of the most famous verses in the Torah. Hayah means "existed" in Hebrew; ehyeh is the first person singular imperfect form and is usually translated in English Bibles as "I am" or "I will be" (or "I shall be"wink, for example, at Exodus 3:14. Ehyeh asher ehyeh literally translates as "I Am Who I Am." The ancient Hebrew of Exodus 3:14 lacks a future tense such as modern English has, yet a few translations render this name as "I Will Be What I Will Be," given the context of Yahweh's promising to be with his people through their future troubles.[1] Both the literal present tense "I Am" and the future tense "I will be" have given rise to many attendant theological and mystical implications in Jewish tradition. However, in most English Bibles, in particular the King James Version, the phrase is rendered as I am that I am.
Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh (often contracted in English as "I AM"wink is one of the Seven Names of God accorded special care by medieval Jewish tradition.[2] The phrase is also found in other world religious literature, used to describe the Supreme Being, generally referring back to its use in Exodus. The word Ehyeh is considered by many rabbinical scholars to be a first-person derivation of the Tetragrammaton, see for example Yahweh.

Also

In the Hellenistic Greek literature of the Jewish diaspora the phrase "Ehyeh asher ehyeh" was rendered in Greek "ego eimi ho on ", "I am the BEING".
Septuagint Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I am HE WHO IS (ho ōn): and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, HE WHO IS (ho ōn) hath sent me unto you.[4]

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 11:24am On Nov 11, 2017
Wow! I am shocked. This is the first time of seeing such defaming definition of God's name.
With all due respect, I will like to state that all religious scholars will term you a heretic if you display this definition(translation) publicly. BTW is it a meaning or a translation?
Please, insert a reference or the source of your comment.

as for the earlier question...
John 5:18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God

Ferisidowu:
. Oh nice but why did they want to stone him
.since you are a researcher I wonder how you don't know the meaning of Jehovah well it means "[b]SELF EXISTING ONE"[/b]
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I least expected a reply in less than 30 minutes. Give some time to God, bro. I did suggest a THOROUGH research. All you did was copy and paste from a single source. Research requires a combination of sources. I gave you the Tetragrammaton and I thought that you would use that as a guide.
Let me attach some historical documents to your delight. I plead that you spend some more time on this serious issue relating to God's name.

Hello, pick the false statements that are present in the post.... Attacking the source shouldnt be the issue attacking the information. Should be??

Besides I try all possible best to answer your questions unlike you who evade mine
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Wow! I am shocked. This is the first time of seeing such defaming definition of God's name.
With all due respect, I will like to state that all religious scholars will term you a heretic if you display this definition(translation) publicly. BTW is it a meaning or a translation?
Please, insert a reference or the source of your comment.

as for the earlier question...
John 5:18 For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God

THE MEANING

My question was were the Jews wanting to kill him?.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 12:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
My question is purely grammatical
The beauty here is that the Bible self-explains itself. This is not a grammatical but a spiritual stance. If you go with your theory, many more counter questions will spring up and you will not have any Bible-sourced answers for them. The other verses have given you expository detail to the sense carried in that verse. It is in the sense of qualities and Genesis chapter 3 threw more light on it.
God is a spirit as the Bible puts it, Man was made in his image, yet Man is dust. You cannot explain your theory to an atheist without a mysterious conclusion.
I want you to know that Jehovah's Witnesses do accept the teaching of the Bible when it speaks of many gods in 1 Corinthians 8:5. Nevertheless, the summation of it is, "there is actually to 'us' one God, the Father", 1 Corinthians 8:6.
Are you part of the 'us' referred in the verse?

And in Exodus 7:1, the word there is "god" not "God".
You may read from other translations or better still seek the original Hebrew word used in that verse.

joshnes:
lovingJehovah the issue of man being made in God's image is not the bone of contention. My question is purely grammatical, the pronouns "us" and "our" in vs 26 is it the same reference to the noun "God" in vs 27? And in Exodus 7:1, the word there is "god" not "God". The same in Psalm 82:6.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 12:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
Can you refer me to the authority from which your meaning of God's name, Jehovah sprouted?

The answer is an emphatic YES
Ferisidowu:
THE MEANING

Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Can you refer me to the authority from which your meaning of God's name, Jehovah sprouted?

The answer is an emphatic YES
OK why? Why did they want to kill him?
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2017
My brother, I will not evade a question that I have been answering for decades. I wanted you to have a solid background on the issue before we can deliberate on it.
Evasion is the least idea in my mind that is why I gave you those study materials. Those pictures are items stored in popular Museums in the world and treasured like gold. I wish you could use them as a guide. This issue is far beyond surface research.
Firstly, let us begin with, what do you consider as the true name of God?
Ferisidowu:

Hello, pick the false statements that are present in the post.... Attacking the source shouldnt be the issue attacking the information. Should be??

Besides I try all possible best to answer your questions unlike you who evade mine
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2017
They wanted to kill him and they did kill for blasphemy. But, the scriptures made us understand that he was wrongly accused. They, the killers are the ones who blasphemed against him.
You quoted John 5:18 when Jesus called God his father, yet they wrongly accused him of making himself equal to God.
Ferisidowu:
OK why? Why did they want to kill him?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
My brother, I will not evade a question that I have been answering for decades. I wanted you to have a solid background on the issue before we can deliberate on it.
Evasion is the least idea in my mind that is why I gave you those study materials. Those pictures are items stored in popular Museums in the world and treasured like gold. I wish you could use them as a guide. This issue is far beyond surface research.
Firstly, let us begin with, what do you consider as the true name of God?
. Even though you still haven't answered my question on why they wanted to stone him...... THE TRUE NAME OF GOD IS YHWH which was translated Jehovah (Exo 3:15)
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
On why they wanted to stone him is found in the same verse. They blasphemed that he was making himself equal to God when he called God his father.
In John 20:17 he said that he is also our God and father. Should we be considered equalling ourselves to God for calling him our father?
Still not satisfied?
I am happy that you arrived at Jehovah but where dis you get your definitiom of Jehovah from?
Ferisidowu:
. Even though you still haven't answered my question on why they wanted to stone him...... THE TRUE NAME OF GOD IS YHWH which was translated Jehovah (Exo 3:15)
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
They wanted to kill him and they did kill for blasphemy. But, the scriptures made us understand that he was wrongly accused. They, the killers are the ones who blasphemed against him.
You quoted John 5:18 when Jesus called God his father, yet they wrongly accused him of making himself equal to God.
yes indeed they were the ones blaspheming him by not placing him where he ought to be "john 5:18" "
"18 So the Jewish leaders were trying all the harder to kill him, because he was not only breaking the Sabbath but was also calling God his own Father, thereby making himself equal to God"
Now the Jews had called God their own father John 8:41 [/b]yet they did not understand that as blasphemy .......why should they now understand [b]Christ calling God his father as blasphemy ....... It shows they know that God has adopted children .... And one proper son or begotten son who they understand as equal with the father..... That's exactly why they wanted to kill him ... They understood that Jesus was claiming God's begotten son ....
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2017
You seem to be saying the same thing as my comments. Jesus is truly God's begotten son. The blasphemy on him did not make any difference from who he truly is. But you are contrasting yourself by equalling Jesus to God. You call him the SON of God yet equal to God. If it were possible for you to write a new Bible, you would have. People have gone around calling his God the son as opposed to the son of God that the Bible calls him just to suit that doctrine of the godhead.
If we peer deeper into your doctrine the conclusion will be 'God is a mystery" which is not true.
Can you tell me, why is Jesus referred to as the 'son'?

Ferisidowu:
yes indeed they were the ones blaspheming him by not placing him where he ought to be "john 5:18" "
"18 So the Jewish leaders were trying all the harder to kill him, because he was not only breaking the Sabbath but was also calling God his own Father, thereby making himself equal to God"
Now the Jews had called God their own father John 8:41 [/b]yet they did not understand that as blasphemy .......why should they now understand [b]Christ calling God his father as blasphemy ....... It shows they know that God has adopted children .... And one proper son or begotten son who they understand as equal with the father..... That's exactly why they wanted to kill him ... They understood that Jesus was claiming God's begotten son ....
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
You seem to be saying the same thing as my comments. Jesus is truly God's begotten son. The blasphemy on him did not make any difference from who he truly is. But you are contrasting yourself by equalling Jesus to God. You call him the SON of God yet equal to God. If it were possible for you to write a new Bible, you would have. People have gone around calling his God the son as opposed to the son of God that the Bible calls him just to suit that doctrine of the godhead.
If we peer deeper into your doctrine the conclusion will be 'God is a mystery" which is not true.
Can you tell me, why is Jesus referred to as the 'son'?

does it look like anything is wrong with the Bible Why did you say I could have written my own Bible that's derogatory
Re: Is Jesus God? by olamkas: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
It's more like the bible is causing serious confusion amongst christians. If I may ask, who and who authored the bible sef. Is it a direct revelation sent to Jesus or what because I can't understand why the bible is supporting both the for and against.
Also, if Jesus is on the right side of God and he too is god, then it means two gods exist according to the bible . The book told us again that there's only one True God as earlier quoted, then the other should be a false god. The question now is, which is true and which is false.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2017
I do not mean that in a bad way, and accept my apology if that sounded derogatory.
The idea that I am putting forth is what is obtainable today. There are so many Bible translations shooting out heretic doctrines and making it difficult for people to actually find the truth about God.

Nevertheless, that is btw. So, your argument is that Jesus is equal to God?

Ferisidowu:
does it look like anything is wrong with the Bible Why did you say I could have written my own Bible that's derogatory
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
I do not mean that in a bad way, and accept my apology if that sounded derogatory.
The idea that I am putting forth is what is obtainable today. There are so many Bible translations shooting out heretic doctrines and making it difficult for people to actually find the truth about God.

Nevertheless, that is btw. So, your argument is that Jesus is equal to God?

no problems.... My point is that Jesus is God and not "a god". The Jews understood his notion and wanted to kill him ...... Besides even Joseph wasn't Jesus father all these things we know
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
The Bible does not cause any confusion. The confusion stems from the Devil. There are many heretics teaching falsehood about God and they have spread the falsehood around the world for centuries.
John 17:3 Jesus himself referred to his father as the ONLY TRUE GOD.
Let me put it this way. if I meet you in person and you tell me about your family. In your words, you confess to me that your father is the man of the house. Then, I go about telling people that you are also the man of the house because you are a male child. That would be disrespectful to your father if he gets to hear such stories spread about in the city because he birthed and provides for you. He gave you authority over his property and business. That does not equal you to your father. You remain a son and not a coequal.
The truth is, Jesus in John 20:17 told everyone who has access to read or hear the Bible's message that Jehovah is his father and God. He proceeded by saying that the same God (that he called God to anyone who reads and hears the words that he spoke) is his(Jesus') God in turn. Fast-forward about 2000 years after, people are spreading falsehood that Jesus lied to us. That he(Jesus) is the man that he(Jesus) called his God while he was with them. that is it the same person and also a coequal. Is it logical for someone to be your God and at the same time be your father and your coequal? It would have been an expensive prank to play.
God is not a God of confusion. The idea is they are trying too hard to co-equalise God and Jesus. I guarantee you that it doesn't end there. If you fall for that, remember that another entity is on the line to be co-equaled. We are only talking about God and Jesus here and you can imagine the controversy and outright rejection of Jesus' words by people who claim that Jesus is their God. There is a dogma of the godhead and as soon as they whoosh you by co-equaling God and Jesus, the holy spirit becomes another God that must be added to complete that doctrine.
This is very unbiblical. The Bible clearly states in 1 Corinthians 8:6 that there are other gods but "to us" there is only one God, Jehovah, and one Lord, Jesus. You may wonder, when the Bible says "to us", do these people arguing to deify Jesus fall under "to us" or not?
Jehovah is THE ONLY TRUE GOD - Jesus words in John 17:3
Jesus is our Lord and mediator - 1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 Timothy 2:5

olamkas:
It's more like the bible is causing serious confusion amongst christians. If I may ask, who and who authored the bible sef. Is it a direct revelation sent to Jesus or what because I can't understand why the bible is supporting both the for and against.
Also, if Jesus is on the right side of God and he too is god, then it means two gods exist according to the bible . The book told us again that there's only one True God as earlier quoted, then the other should be a false god. The question now is, which is true and which is false.
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2017
Okay, cool.
Can you kindly tell us that Jesus lied in John 20:17; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 Timothy 2:5; John 17:3

Just say it openly because Jesus said that we cannot serve 2 Gods in Matthew 6:24;
Ferisidowu:
no problems.... My point is that Jesus is God and not "a god". The Jews understood his notion and wanted to kill him ...... Besides even Joseph wasn't Jesus father all these things we know
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Okay, cool.
Can you kindly tell us that Jesus lied in John 20:17; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 1 Timothy 2:5; John 17:3

Just say it openly because Jesus said that we cannot serve 2 Gods in Matthew 6:24;
smiley wink hmmm bro what do you understand when Christians talk about Trinity?
Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2017
Trinity is actually a pagan doctrine and I do not understand it because it is not in the Bible. The defenders of the doctrine always end with the cliché, "God is a mystery" which I unsubscribe to. The people who invented it were not true Christians. They were for a fact pagans seeking a universal platform to accommodate all doctrines.
1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons.
There is no way pagan doctrines can find a comfort zone in true Christianity. With wholehearted assertiveness, the Trinity is emphatically pagan.
Ferisidowu:
smiley wink hmmm bro what do you understand when Christians talk about Trinity?
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Trinity is actually a pagan doctrine and I do not understand it because it is not in the Bible. The defenders of the doctrine always end with the words "God is a mystery" which I unsubscribe to. The people who invented it were not true Christians. They were for a fact pagans who seeking a universal platform to accommodate all doctrines.
1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of “the table of Jehovah” and the table of demons.
There is no way pagan doctrines can find a comfort zone in true Christianity. With wholehearted assertiveness, the Trinity is emphatically pagan.
OK then what does john 1:18 says in the Bible .... Aside isn't God a mystery he wasn't created isn't that a mystery to you anyways back to the question of John 1:18
Re: Is Jesus God? by joshnes(m): 3:38pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah you didn't answer me oh, you explained yourself without even giving an answer. Is the "us" there "God"? God is a spirit, man himself is a spirit, this body is a mere container of the spirit, when the spirit leaves, death occurs (James 2:26). I don't expect an atheist to understand anything about creation, except the Spirit of God helps him to. Do you agree Jesus is The Mighty God? Please answer my questions with a "yes" or with a "no".

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus God? by lovingJehovah: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2017
Let us read it together
NWT
John 1:18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him

King James Bible
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him

Berean Literal Bible
No one has ever yet seen God. The only begotten God, the One being in the bosom of the Father, He has made Him known.

New American Standard Bible
No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

King James Bible
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
No one has ever seen God. The One and Only Son-- the One who is at the Father's side-- He has revealed Him.

International Standard Version
No one has ever seen God. The unique God, who is close to the Father's side, has revealed him.

New Heart English Bible
No one has seen God at any time. The only Son, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
No man has seen God at any time; The Only Begotten God Who is in the bosom of The Father, he has declared him.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
No one has ever seen God. God's only Son, the one who is closest to the Father's heart, has made him known.

New American Standard 1977
No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten God, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Jubilee Bible 2000
No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

King James 2000 Bible
No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

American King James Version
No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

American Standard Version
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him .

Douay-Rheims Bible
No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Darby Bible Translation
No one has seen God at any time; the only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

English Revised Version
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Webster's Bible Translation
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Weymouth New Testament
No human eye has ever seen God: the only Son, who is in the Father's bosom--He has made Him known.

World English Bible
No one has seen God at any time. The one and only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

Young's Literal Translation
God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father -- he did declare.

The above is the verse that you quoted. Are you surprised? Those extra text that you saw in your Bible are spurious. You will never find them in the original Greek text. Those translations were made by heretics defiantly trying to prove the heretic doctrine of the Trinity which does not originate from the scriptures.

Well, when you said that God is a mystery then you got it wrong. He said that he has made himself known to you Isaiah 65:1. We humans might be craving for the same taste that Eve craved for when she ate the forbidden fruit. He has given us this much information about himself, this much information we NEED to keep living.

Ferisidowu:
OK then what does john 1:18 says in the Bible .... Aside isn't God a mystery he wasn't created isn't that a mystery to you anyways back to the question of John 1:18
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2017
lovingJehovah:
Let us read it together
NWT
John 1:18 No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is at the Father’s side is the one who has explained Him

King James Bible
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him

Berean Literal Bible
No one has ever yet seen God. The only begotten God, the One being in the bosom of the Father, He has made Him known.

New American Standard Bible
No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

King James Bible

Holman Christian Standard Bible
No one has ever seen God. The One and Only Son-- the One who is at the Father's side-- He has revealed Him.

International Standard Version
No one has ever seen God. The unique God, who is close to the Father's side, has revealed him.

New Heart English Bible
No one has seen God at any time. The only Son, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
No man has seen God at any time; The Only Begotten God Who is in the bosom of The Father, he has declared him.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
No one has ever seen God. God's only Son, the one who is closest to the Father's heart, has made him known.

New American Standard 1977
No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten God, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

Jubilee Bible 2000
No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

King James 2000 Bible
No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

American King James Version
No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

American Standard Version
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him .

Douay-Rheims Bible
No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Darby Bible Translation
No one has seen God at any time; the only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared [him].

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Weymouth New Testament
No human eye has ever seen God: the only Son, who is in the Father's bosom--He has made Him known.

World English Bible
No one has seen God at any time. The one and only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him.

Young's Literal Translation
God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father -- he did declare.

The above is the verse that you quoted. Are you surprised? Those extra text that you saw in your Bible are spurious. You will never find them in the original Greek text. Those translations were made by heretics defiantly trying to prove the heretic doctrine of the Trinity which does not originate from the scriptures.

Well, when you said that God is a mystery then you got it wrong. He said that he has made himself known to you Isaiah 65:1. We humans might be craving for the same taste that Eve craved for when she ate the forbidden fruit. He has given us this much information about himself, this much information we NEED to keep living.

wow that means there are gods together with God

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (70) (Reply)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Anambra Catholic Church Massacre: Facebook Users Reveal What "Bishop" Did / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.