Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Love Again - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Again (2364 Views)

Finding Love Again: Left At The Altar, Will She Ever Take A Chance At Love Again / I Found Love Again / Why I Can't Love Again (A Short Story) : Written By Umoren Elisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Again by Fhaysal: 11:06pm On Nov 06, 2017
CHAPTER ONE
Hurry up’ Taiwo shouted at her niece, Tolu while standing in front her newly bought Mercedes benz e350. Since she moved closer to her twin sister’s neighborhood, Taiwo has been given the responsibility of chauffeuring the little girl to and fro the school since her sister is still nursing her new born baby boy and the husband’s office is far away opposite the school.
Taiwo have a thing for small children even though she is not married herself, she enjoys taking her niece out but she was in a hurry, she wanted to quickly go back and change before attending a party one of her colleague at work hosted. As the little girl happily runs down the road to meet her, she noticed a yellow convertible parked directly behind her, her jaw dropped when she saw the owner of the car.
Hey’ the familiar voice called out
Hi’ she managed to say feeling nervous all over, there was only one guy in the world that makes her feel nervous, her first love Johnson. She met Johnson when they were in the university and she fell in love at first sight, why wouldn’t she? Johnson was a 6ft tall, dark colored guy with curly hair, always smiling revealing his neatly arranged set of white teeth. As he walked towards her, feelings started flooding through her mind, they left each other on a bad term and of all places to meet after all these years is a primary school?!
What is she going to say?
Should she lie that it is her daughter?
Is he married?
Long time’ He jerked her off her thought
Yea, long time indeed’ she replied
They got talking and from there she found out that he is still single (that was really the information she held on to), he has a son who he shares joint custody with the mother. She also happily told him she’s still single and usually comes to pick her niece everyday from work, they talked for a while before he asked for her contact which she happily gave before he left.
On the drive back home, Taiwo was in smile throughout and poor Tolu thought it was her story that was making aunty Taiwo smile.

copyright © Ishaq Abdulazeez Faisal

1 Like

Re: Love Again by TemmyT123(m): 12:38am On Nov 11, 2017
A prologue would have done a great job in your writing and you tend to rush the story..
Nice job though..
Re: Love Again by Fhaysal: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2017
TemmyT123:
A prologue would have done a great job in your writing and you tend to rush the story..
Nice job though..
thanks, I appreciate the comment, I'll work on it

1 Like

Re: Love Again by TemmyT123(m): 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2017
Following though. Update...
Re: Love Again by AryEmber(f): 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2017
Don't leave us high and dry oh!
Re: Love Again by Fhaysal: 9:45am On Nov 18, 2017
CHAPTER TWO

Ehen?! Are you for real? Shouted kehinde. She has always
been the dramatic one of the twins, she is good at hyping
things and can read between the lines. Taiwo till today still
wonders how she got married before her because kehinde is
the type that does not believe in love growing up.
Yes, am serious’ Taiwo replied, since meeting Johnson the
previous week, her mood has lightened a bit. And it took
Kehinde a lot of pressuring and teasing before Taiwo finally
opened up, that was before she made her swear not
to tell anyone, not even her husband. Taiwo doesn’t want her
fiancée to hear anything about it, and she knows how much
of a tell tale Kehinde is, Paul can be so insecure’ she
regularly complains to her twin sister.
So, what do you think is going to happen now? Kehinde ask
I swear if I tell you I have an idea, am lying’ Taiwo said
confused. She’s really hoping for something between her
and Johnson but there is Paul. Paul was the guy she finally
agreed to settle down with even though she never really
liked him after her parents have pestered the life out of her.
The last time she met with her parents was during Kehinde’s
second naming ceremony, and they did not part on good
terms, she really wanted to be left alone but her parents will
hear nothing of such. They started fixing dates for her with
different guys and she got tired and later succumbed to her
parents’ wish by agreeing to settle down with Paul.
You sha know that Paul will be deeply hurt if you leave him’
Kehinde reminded her, and if you ask me, he is a nice guy
and will make a good husband unlike Johnson who is a
celeb, only God knows the number of girls that are wishing to
be in bed with him and how many girls he has been in bed
with. All those Yoruba demons, you can’t trust them’ she
added scornfully
Taiwo looked at Kehinde and wondered why she even told
her in the first place, Kehinde is very good at pointing out the
negative part of anything. Taiwo there and then made up her
mind to continue seeing Johnson, she will keep Paul at bay
and postpone her wedding which is to take place in the next
4 months, just in case Johnson happens to be the player
Kehinde painted him to be. She hoped otherwise though.

Re: Love Again by Fhaysal: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2017
CHAPTER THREE

Why?! Without even consulting me?! Paul shouted aloud even though he was alone. He just received a text from Taiwo telling him she has postponed the wedding without any good reason. Paul always like to be in control of things and since he started seeing Taiwo, things have been different.
Paul Adebayo, a highly principled man and does not give room for nonsense, he always behave older than his age and has no sense of humor at all. That made him less attractive to females even though he is rich, been in a relationship with Taiwo was all as a result of the good relationship between his parents and Taiwo's.
Standing up from his bed, he made his way to his closet and quickly selected a polo shirt and a chinos, he needs to meet with her as soon as possible, he feels insulted. Since they started dating, she has been taking him for granted, he tried to be understanding but right now, she has crossed the line’ he told himself.
Driving very fast Paul was inside Taiwo’s apartment in no time
What are you doing here?! Tawo asked surprised as she tries to cover herself with the wrapper she was loosely wearing
I came to see you’ Paul said as he seductively looked at her. Since they started dating, he has been trying to bed her but she always come up with excuses, he stopped trying and assurres himself when they get married he will have her all to himself. She ushered him inside as went into her bedroom to change and dress up.
Are you going somewhere? Paul asked as she came out looking all dressed up
Yes’ I am hanging out with my friends. I thought I made mention of that in the message I sent’ she added
Look Paul’ I just need time to gather my thoughts, that’s all. You don’t have to worry yourself about anything’ Taiwo said with a smile
But you should have at least asked me before telling our parents. Taking that kind of decision without consulting me is selfish’ Paul argued
Look babe, I am already late. I will come over to your place when I am coming back and we will talk about it’ she concluded and kissed him before leaving him as she moves towards her car.

Thought you won’t come again’ Johnson said with a smiled as he walks towards Taiwo. Looking as simple as he can be, wearing a white shirt and denim jacket over a distressed black jeans with a blue high top sneakers. Taiwo smiled as she saw Johnson, he has a good sense of fashion, one of the things she likes about him. Apart from the little time she spent talking to Paul, she has spent the whole morning trying to pick the right outfit for their first date. Since exchanging contacts, they have been chatting and calling frequently until he eventually asked her on a date which she gladly agreed to. Taiwo dressed in a light blue long sleeve floral shirt over a black pencil skirt and a blue sneaker was looking casual after considering a gown and heels will look too official.
I had a little trouble deciding what to wear’ she honestly answered jokingly
And who told you to wear a blue sneakers’ she added laughingly
Lucky me, we look like a couple already’ Johnson responded jokingly
The date went as planned and Taiwo had a great time, something she has been missing for a long while. On her way back, Taiwo was gushing all over, she totally forgot about Paul until when she was already in her apartment, she decided to text him an apology and probably stop over at his place on her way to work, that way she won’t even have to stay long. After taking a cold bathe and laying her bed to sleep, she received a message from Johnson saying how much fun he had and will love to see her more often, she replied him and that was how they started chatting till late in the night.

1 Like

Re: Love Again by Fhaysal: 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
CHAPTER FOUR

After waiting for several hours expecting Taiwo to show up, Paul decided to call her twin sister, Kehinde. She has always been supportive of him and in several times picked his side when he has a quarrel with Taiwo. When she picked, he was greeted by a baby’s cry and she sounded sleepy, he decided to postpone the matter till the next day and bid her goodnight after fixing a meeting with her.

Taiwo woke up feeling excited and energetic the next morning, it was a feeling she has missed in a while. As she goes into the bathroom humming her favorite jam Smile for Me by Simi, she started fantasizing how her future will be like with Johnson, she had made up her mind to forgive and forget what he did to her in the past.
I can't keep living in the past' she convinced herself
She remembered how they first met and smiled

It was her first time in school, just like any other fresher she was happy to be free from her parent's watchful eyes, she wanted to be free and have adventures. She met Johnson at a picnic organised by the student's association to welcome freshers. From the first time she set her eyes on him, she fell for him but she pretended otherwise and formed hard to get when he approached her. He constantly chased her after that day until she finally gave him her phone number and that was how the relationship started, everybody was envious of them, they were the couple people wish to be until he cheated on her. She cried her eyes out, she was hurt but she is all over that now.
Johnson has apologized times without number, he swore to be a better man. She believes him, of course she would, she is entrapped by his charms.
Still in her good mood, she quickly dressed up as she remembered she is to stop bybPaul’s house, the thought of Paul quickly brought a frown to her face.
He knows am not really into him and will understand when I end the relationship’ she said to herself
In a matter of minutes she was outside Paul’s house, the house seemed empty except the house boy that was busing washing the cars at the garage, even the dogs were quietly sleeping in their kennel.
Is Paul around? She asked Samson
No, Oga commot early early for this morning’ Samson answered in Pidgin English.
Taiwo smiled and gave Samson some money to keep, she likes Samson because of his dutifulness and his zeal to speak good English. Samson a village boy that doesn’t even understand the word ‘come’ when he first came to Lagos has improved drastically over the two years he has spent in Lagos.
Ah! Thank you ma’ Samson said happily and he further added as a sign of gratitude ‘E be like say Oga dey vex this morning, He no even chop anything commot’
Thank you and do have a nice day’ Taiwo said as she walked towards her car. She started wondering where he could have possibly gone to, she knew obviously she was the reason he was angry. Throughout the road to her office, she kept wondering what excuse to give, she felt guilty at a point but consoled herself and convinced herself she’s only human.
The heart wants what it wants’ she said convincingly

Johnson?! That guy that broke her heart?! Paul said in disbelief
Calm down, I shouldn’t even be telling you this’ Kehinde tried to calm him down
Paul got even angrier when he learnt of the possible reason why Taiwo decided to postpone their marriage, because of an old cheating boyfriend. Kehinde on her part thought she was doing Taiwo a favor as she stood to her ground that Johnson will only use her and dump her again. She tried to calm Paul down and stopped him from going out of the house in his current state of mind
I won’t allow you to drive back home in this anger, only God knows what might happen’ she said
After a while, Paul seemed calm but deep down, he has already made up his mind. He cannot break up with Taiwo.
Paul has been left by several girls and he is used to the feeling already, he has infact given up on marriage and was focused on increasing his wealth when his parents told him about Taiwo, she was nice to him when they first met. After their first meeting, he made up his mind to make the relationship work no matter what, he tried to soften his personality, once in a while he tries to joke with her and she laughs at his attempt, although he felt insulted but the joy he was able to make her laugh comforted him.
No! He has come too far to give up just now, he will go and threaten Johnson to back off. Having made up his mind, he calmly told Kehinde he will be going back home.

1 Like

Re: Love Again by TemmyT123(m): 9:29pm On Nov 20, 2017
Nice update..

1 Like

Re: Love Again by Fhaysal: 9:47pm On Nov 22, 2017
CHAPTER FIVE
You are 26 years old for God sake and have never been in bed with a man’ she said to herself as she read again the message she composed for the 10th time. Johnson has called her earlier to fix a date and he also mentioned he has something important to tell her. She suspected he wanted to talk about his son and his ex-wife, he promised her the story since his ex-wife is still part of his life as he is sharing custody of his son, Junior with her. Throughout work she has been contemplating on whether to invite Johnson over for dinner and hope it gets romantic afterwards or they should just go to a fancy restaurant for their date. She doesn't want to rush things but she feels it's time and there's nobody in this world she would want to make love to than Johnson.
The last time she almost lost her virginity was in the university when she was dating Johnson, after several persuasions and making outs with Johnson she eventually succumbed, she went over to his place to surprise him only to see him on another lady. She was devastated and heartbroken. But now she feels she is ready, Johnson seems different she told herself. She wants to believe he is a better person. It is a risk she's willing to take as she pressed the send button.
She left work earlier than normal as she took permission from her boss, Mr Pius didn't bother to ask why she was leaving work early because he suspected it must be something urgent, Taiwo is one of his best staff if not the best. She is very dedicated to her work. Before stopping to pick Tolu, Taiwo branched to the market to buy chicken and some ingredients. Taiwo hardly cooks as she always stop by her sister's house for dinner, she eats her breakfast and lunch at her favorite restaurant that is just opposite her office. After shopping, she picked up Tolu and dropped her by the gate, Tolu was taken inside by the gateman and kehinde wondered why Taiwo didn't enter to even greet her, she hoped Paul hasn't done anything stupid. Taiwo hurriedly drive home to start preparing her favorite dish- fried rice, salad and chicken.
At exactly 7pm, she heard the bell ring as she rushed towards the door and there he was looking dandy as ever, dressed in a Long sleeve vintage shirt tucked in a black suit pant with a loafers.
Hello beautiful' he greeted as he made his way inside giving her the flower and a bottle of red wine he brought as he pecked her lightly on the cheek.
Hey handsome' she answered smiling. They made their way towards the dining room where the food was already set.
Forgive me for not saying this the instant I saw you, but I was short of words to use. You are looking ravishing' Johnson said looking at her seductively
Thank you' she answered blushing, she made a lot of effort to look nice but simple. A velvet high neck mini gown seemed ideal for the evening on a black wedge heels.
They ate quietly before moving the party to the living room where they sat down slowly sipping the remaining glass of wine.
The meal is one of the best I have ever had' Johnson broke the silence
Thanks for the meal' he added
Well, now you know I am complete wife material' she laughed
Do me a favor, stand up and close your eyes' Johnson asked
She was surprised and wonder what he was upto, but she obeyed and closed her eyes
You can open them now' he told her
She opened her eyes to see to Johnson on his knees with a ring on his hands, she was shocked! She was not expecting that!!
I know I have hurt you in the past, I don't think I even deserve the second chance you gave me, I want to make it right, I love you and I want to marry you. Will you marry me? Johnson asked?
Of course I will marry you' she answered without even thinking. She lifted him up and planted her lips on his, the kiss lasted for a while before Johnson lifted her up and made his way to her bedroom.

Meanwhile Paul has been following Johnson all day to confront him to back off from Taiwo. As Johnson entered his car all dressed up, Paul suspected he is going to visit someone and he hoped it was another woman, that way he is going to prove to Taiwo that Johnson is just playing around with her. He was surprised when he saw Johnson pulling over at Taiwo's apartment, he was filled with rage and jealousy. He angrily drove off to his place but only stopped halfway when he decided to go back and confront Taiwo, he has had enough of her bullshit. He opened the door with the spare key Taiwo gave him when they started dating, he didn't see anyone in the living room so he decided to check the bedroom only to see Johnson on top of Taiwo naked!

Re: Love Again by TemmyT123(m): 6:13am On Nov 23, 2017
Ride on... Enjoying the story..
Need to grab more popcorn.
Re: Love Again by Fhaysal: 5:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
CHAPTER SIX

What do you intend to do now?! Gbadebo asked Paul
Hmmmm, I wanted to treat the matter like a gentleman but since they want to make a fool of me, I’ll make them pay’ Paul concluded
That Johnson needs to disappear, use whatever means possible but do not kill him. I don’t want any blood on my hands’ Paul instructed Gbadebo
Can’t you just leave the girl, I don’t understand this obsession over her’ Gbadebo suggested
You won’t understand she is the only girl that makes me feel something and everything has been fine until that bastard came along. I can’t let her go, no matter what she does’ Paul said
I can just kill him you know, with no trace back to any of us’ Gbadebo suggested again
No, I will be the first suspect if he dies but if we can threaten him to disappear, I’ll have her all to myself’ Paul said with certainty
Okay boss’ Gbadebo answered
Gbadebo and Paul have been friends since university days, Gbadebo a cultist has protected his friend on several occasions against other cultists while Paul on his part helps Gbadebo financially. Anytime Paul has any issue with anyone on campus, Gbadebo is the hit man he calls, and Gbadebo never disappoints as his reputation precedes him, he is a short bulky guy with muscles showing his dedication to the gym and he is known to be brutal.

I don’t understand? Kehinde looked at her sister in disbelief
I am serious and I have already said yes, so you cannot talk me out of it’ Taiwo sounded excited
But what about Paul? Kehinde asked
Yes? What about him? Taiwo sounded displeased
You already know I don’t love him, my relationship with him was all as a result of the pressure our parents put on me, the love was never there’ Taiwo said
Love?! Kehinde laughed scornfully
Do you think marriage is all about love? What will stop him from leaving you the instance he gets tired of you? Or what will stop him from breaking your heart again? Have you even thought of the implication of what you did? Our parents? What will become of your engagement with Paul? Kehinde looked at Taiwo disappointedly
Taiwo did not expect the kind of attitude she was receiving from Kehinde, she thought Kehinde will be understanding atleast of all people. She was disappointed as stood up and bid her twin sister goodbye.
She got into her car and started driving home, she stopped halfway and started reliving every moment that led to her present predicament. She know as long as Paul is still interested, her parents will never consent to her marrying Johnson, the only option she has is to beg Paul to call off her engagement. But how will she approach the matter? Will he understand she never loved him?
There’s only one way to find out’ she told herself as she turned the car around and started driving towards Paul’s house.

In a matter of time, she was already at Paul’s gate. She didn’t bother to call as she already knows he will be around. It is Sunday evening and he practically has nowhere to go
Does he really have any friend? She asked herself. She has asked him on several occasions about any of his friends but he always tells her they are not around. She entered the house and met him in the living room.
If you came to apologize, just know the time of apology has passed’ Paul said scornfully
Taiwo sighed as she helped herself to a seat, she knew what she was about to ask will add to the problem on ground but that is the only option she has, she cannot elope as Johnson suggested. All her life has been in Lagos starting from the most important thing to even the irrelevant ones, her job, her family, her favorite spa and so on. She cannot just leave everything and go. She needs to try at least
I didn’t come to apologize but I am here to ask you for a favor’ Taiwo said in a calm voice
A favor?! Paul asked rhetorically. After the nightmare you made me witness, you didn’t even bother to apologize or even call, and here you are to ask me for a favor. Who do you think I am exactly? Paul asked angrily
I know I should have called or at least text, but I didn’t see any need to. Truth is Paul, I don’t have any guilt sleeping with Johnson
Well you should! Paul cuts in.
Exactly, I know I should but I am not and that says a lot. Paul I don’t want to hurt you, I was planning to come and tell you, it all happened so fast but the truth is I love Johnson and I wish we can end this relationship between us. I like you but I love Johnson, if you have ever loved someone you’d understand how I feel.
So you are breaking up with me?! Is that it? After all these times of putting up with you, you want to leave all of a sudden? Does that sound right? Ask yourself that? Let me make something clear to you, you are not going anywhere! I am going to marry you whether you like it or not Taiwo. I am not a child and you can’t come and be playing games with me’ Paul said
But……’ Taiwo started
No buts’ Paul cuts in. The only reason I haven’t told my parents is the out of the respect I have for your family, don’t take me for a fool. Our marriage is happening, you better let that sink in! Paul concluded as he made his way upstairs

Taiwo was in a delimma, it is either she gives up on her love or she elopes and leave everything and everyone!

1 Like

Re: Love Again by TemmyT123(m): 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
Nice update.. Enjoying this piece.. More energy
Re: Love Again by favch(f): 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]nice story dear

1 Like

Re: Love Again by Fhaysal: 3:09am On Dec 22, 2017
I sincerely apologise for the long break in the story. New chapter is coming soon. Brace yourselves for the thriller!
Re: Love Again by queenitee(f): 8:51am On Jan 24, 2019
Uncle, comman continue oo grin grin grin
Re: Love Again by Ann2012(f): 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

50 Shades Of Grey,interesting Read Or Downright Annoying! / Any Writer Of Children's Books? / RAINDROPS ON PETALS: Diary Of A Teenage Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.