Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,662 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? (15575 Views)

Iroko TV Vs Ibaka TV (Are They Really Making Money ??) / Samsung Qled Vs Lg Oled, Which Should You Go For ? (photos) / Hisense Tv Vs Lg Tv: Who Wins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by samblaks(m): 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2017
olaolaking:
The Alaba people know that LG is more accepted in the market and that is the reason they are riding on LG fame. Only people who who are not current will by Alaba version. Go to the right place and you will get an authentic LG TV.
I give it to you bro base on my experience. Especially if you get your Original LG electronics at their SHOWROOM. You enjoy best quality with warranty.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by femarse: 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2017
use Samsung 32 inches the exact product the OP mention in the office
use lg32 inches lf510 series at home
while both are good product the LG beat the Sammy hands down in pics clarity and solid design sound quality of the LG is 100% superior to that of the Samsung while u can easily know that the Samsung is a 720p TV with the picture quality using gotv decoder watching cnn u will think the LG is a 1080p doing exact same thing meanwhile it's a 720p TV
however the Samsung has spent 3 years while the LG has spent just 2 years
both have had no issue whatsoever
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Ebubemg(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
I went for Samsung
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Ebubemg(m): 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
Darkseid:
For the same price, LG TVs will give you a far superior design and display quality. Check the average 32 inches Samsung LED TVs around, they are usually bulky with poor display that is nothing to write home about. Next on my list is the LG wallpaper TV.
the one bought is very light with good display quality and it's Samsung
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Darkseid(m): 3:05pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ebubemg:
the one bought is very light with good display quality and it's Samsung
An LG TV with exact same specs as your Samsung TV would cost about 40% less.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Ebubemg(m): 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2017
Darkseid:
An LG TV with exact same specs as your Samsung TV would cost about 40% less.
really? The price in konga currently is 58k, show me lg with the same specs for that price

1 Like

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by harizonal123(m): 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
The picture quality of Samsung can never be compared to LG. Instead compare Samsung and sony

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by OCTAVO: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2017
harizonal123:
The picture quality of Samsung can never be compared to LG. Instead compare Samsung and sony
Lol... Not true abeg.
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Daboomb: 3:47am On Nov 14, 2017
Funny enough, l bought a 28" "No-Name" TV for use in my private Room and it is one of the best things l ever bought.
I actually bought this TV expecting it to spoil within two years at most but l tell you, l have used it for over 8yrs now and the clarity, color vibrancy and pixel definition is superior to all these Samsumg (only top-grade Sonys compare to it).

Back then, l never heard of the name of the TV in my entire life!
The name is Hannspree! Anyone ever heard of a product like that before?
The TV is so good l went to buy the bigger 55" some years later.

But my experience with LG TV back then in 1999 was very poor, repair was very untidy at their V/I office and the replacement parts were expensive.

I would rather compare the "specs'" of a particular TV than argue over the brand name.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Daboomb: 3:49am On Nov 14, 2017
harizonal123:

The quality of that picture in your post is so poor! That is a low-class (picture-wise) TV, despite its big size
A good picture is one where you can see the hairs on the face of those men and you can see the wrinkles on their skin.
That is a sharp, crisp TV

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by olaolaking: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2017
Daboomb:

The quality of that picture in your post is so poor! That is a low-class (picture-wise) TV, despite its big size
A good picture is one where you can see the hairs on the face of those men and you can see the wrinkles on their skin.
That is a sharp, crisp TV
Imagine you. Even if he used a low grade camera, you will still see the hairs.
You are too good
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Ovie56(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2017
lol have you heard of LG wallpaper 2017 TV One thing is certain when it comes to home appliances LG is always better than samsung
harizonal123:
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by techgeniusworld(m): 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2017
AnodaIT:
LG gives you richer pictures and better for Nigeria kind of light
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by techgeniusworld(m): 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2017
Darkseid:
For the same price, LG TVs will give you a far superior design and display quality. Check the average 32 inches Samsung LED TVs around, they are usually bulky with poor display that is nothing to write home about. Next on my list is the LG wallpaper TV.
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Mrluv(m): 6:49am On Dec 04, 2017
who among una want sell his own old tv.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by mayusguy(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2018
I’m a sony fan too but is there any sony outlet in Nigeria??
jaxxy:
Samsung bro... Sm lg led screens hv poor lifespans tho not all. The high grade LG's are quite good. Tho I personally like Sony.
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by ethanscott: 9:56am On Jan 02, 2019
There are so many debates out on the internet about which brand has the best quality. The most common comparison is between Samsung LED TV and LG LED TV. To be honest I am confused myself because there are some really good debates out there who have some points which really get you thinking. If you asked me which brand I would choose, it definitely will be Samsung. Now one point that I would put here for a comparison between the two is that LG uses IPS (In-Plane Switching) panels and Samsung uses PVA (Patterned Vertical Alignment) panels. Now a lot of people agree that IPS is better than PVA because it has better viewing angles and it does distort the picture. But Samsung ranks with cheapest LED TVs available and then gives smart features better than most brands like LG. I have a Samsung TV at home and it has really good features overall. To check out some really good TVs online, click on this link: For buying a good TV online, click on this link: https://www.tatacliq.com/electronics-tv/c-msh1216
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by surrogatesng: 7:11pm On Feb 16, 2019
Brand new 43 inch Led solar television with HDMI and USB.Power consumption is 30 watt.It even works with nepa,generator and even mtn lumos.

PRICE: 76,900 Naira

Whatsapp chat
https:///2348170368264

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRw_jjqlhRg

TO ORDER
JOYFUL ECHOES AND SYSTEMS
61 Isolo road (Gobi Plaza)
Ile-iwe b/stop Egbe-Ikotun
Lagos,Nigeria
Whatsapp/Mobile: 08170368264,07068410532
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:05am On May 23, 2019
Í know LG is so popular these days. But í can assure you that its difficult to compare the two. Í have my reasons for saying this though

https://homelytv..com/?m=1
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Homeyfav: 11:17am On Oct 15, 2019
l;kio
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Homeyfav: 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Homeyfav: 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
.,;
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Homeyfav: 1:57pm On Oct 29, 2019
';
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Kinematics: 9:24am On Oct 30, 2019
This is an old thread but I just need to comment because of so many ignorant comments here.

Both are very good TVs with different panels, but similar connectivity.

1. The LG uses IPS technology while the samsung uses VA technology for its panel. What does this mean? You get a wider viewing angle, likely more true to life colours, but with less contrast and blacks are not deep.
With the samsung you get very deep blacks, more vibrant picture, more contrast, better for watching movies even in dark rooms, but with poor viewing angle. Colours fade out when viewed from the side.

2. LG tv are more suitable for our kind of electricity here in naija. IPS panels tend to be more durable and can withstand abuse more than VA panels.

3. Both have similar specification ie number of ports, speaker capacity, however LG tends to have more codec embedded for video and photo play via a flash drive. The operating system and UI is better too with the LG.

4. The Samasung is more expensive and retains its value more than the LG.

5. Based on their design it depends on what you like.

The verdict is, if picture quality is your thing and you dont watch your tv from an angle then the Samsung is your goto, but for every other thing the LG wins.

Cheers...

1 Like

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by seojiang: 2:23am On Oct 31, 2019
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by EagleScope01: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kinematics:
This is an old thread but I just need to comment because of so many ignorant comments here.

Both are very good TVs with different panels, but similar connectivity.

1. The LG uses IPS technology while the samsung uses VA technology for its panel. What does this mean? You get a wider viewing angle, likely more true to life colours, but with less contrast and blacks are not deep.
With the samsung you get very deep blacks, more vibrant picture, more contrast, better for watching movies even in dark rooms, but with poor viewing angle. Colours fade out when viewed from the side.

2. LG tv are more suitable for our kind of electricity here in naija. IPS panels tend to be more durable and can withstand abuse more than VA panels.

3. Both have similar specification ie number of ports, speaker capacity, however LG tends to have more codec embedded for video and photo play via a flash drive. The operating system and UI is better too with the LG.

4. The Samasung is more expensive and retains its value more than the LG.

5. Based on their design it depends on what you like.

The verdict is, if picture quality is your thing and you dont watch your tv from an angle then the Samsung is your goto, but for every other thing the LG wins.

Cheers...
Good afternoon brother... How do you do?
I want to get a 32 inches TV and kinda having difficulty deciding between a LED TV, smart TV, and satellite tv
Besides streaming from Netflix, pls can you highlight the features of an affordable 32 inches TV to me (Google doesn't seem to help, and maybe I am not using the right keywords).
Miracast feature can be augmented cis I have an "anycast" dongle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Kinematics: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
EagleScope01:

Good afternoon brother... How do you do?
I want to get a 32 inches TV and kinda having difficulty deciding between a LED TV, smart TV, and satellite tv
Besides streaming from Netflix, pls can you highlight the features of an affordable 32 inches TV to me (Google doesn't seem to help, and maybe I am not using the right keywords).
Miracast feature can be augmented cis I have an "anycast" dongle

At this age and time smat tv is the way to go. As per affordability it all depends on your pocket. There are many Chinese brands in the market that are giving the bigger brands like Samsung , LG and Sony a good run.

Depends on what you want and the price range you are looking at.
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by EagleScope01: 5:55pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kinematics:

At this age and time smat tv is the way to go. As per affordability it all depends on your pocket. There are many Chinese brands in the market that are giving the bigger brands like Samsung , LG and Sony a good run.

Depends on what you want and the price range you are looking at.
Not to bother you, pls can you highlight key features in a 32" smart TV apart from Netflix and cast features?
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Kinematics: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
EagleScope01:

Not to bother you, pls can you highlight key features in a 32" smart TV apart from Netflix and cast features?

1.Fast User Interface
One of the most must-have of the must-have features in a Smart TV is one that you won’t give a second thought—or a second’s thought to—if you already have it: speed. If you have a Blu-ray Disc player, you know how annoying it is to wait for what seems like an eternity for the disc’s main menu to load and finally appear on your screen. Likewise, some Smart TVs take eons (okay, maybe it’s only decades) to switch from one app, function, or input to another. A blazingly fast interface that lets you do what you want to do almost before you know you want to do it is a must if you don’t want to find yourself endlessly irritated by how sluggish your Smart TV is.

2. Streaming Video Services
If all you do is watch movies rented from a red kiosk or tune in to the local nightly news broadcast, then you don’t need a Smart TV. Frankly, if that’s the case, you need to get a life. The other option is to get a Smart TV and sign up for at least one (but probably more) online streaming video service, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Instant, Vudu, Hulu Plus, Crackle, or even Funny or Die. There’s also Showtime Anytime, HBO Now, and CBS All Access. If you have a fast Internet connection, there are more movies and TV shows to stream than you’ll ever have time to watch—but, you can only stream them if your Smart TV has an app(s) that supports the online service(s) you want to use. Sling TV, for example, is an affordable alternative to your cable subscription, but it might as well not exist if your TV isn’t compatible with it.

3. 4K UHD Streaming Video
At the moment, there isn’t a deluge of 4K Ultra HD content available to stream from the Internet. There is a bit, though, mainly from Netflix, Amazon Instant, M-GO, and a few others. While it might seem logical that owning a 4K UHD Smart TV with a subscription to one of these services would automatically provide access to their particular 4K UHD selections, it doesn’t. Your Smart TV has to be compatible with that specific service. Not all TVs are, nor are all the services, and vice versa, and…confused? If 4K UHD streaming is important to you, check with the websites for these services to see which Smart TVs are compatible—and make sure you have a fast Internet connection. (Netflix recommends “at least 25 megabits per second to stream Ultra HD titles.”)

4. Music Streaming
Listening to music might not be the first activity you think about when considering a new Smart TV, but—if it’s available on your TV—you’ll be surprised at how much you’ll use it, especially if the TV is in a kitchen, a bedroom, or some other location in the house where you don’t already have an audio system. As with streaming video services, though, not all Smart TVs have apps for some of the most popular services, such as Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Check the Smart TV’s app store to see if your favorite music streaming service is available. The speakers in nearly every TV—smart, average, or dumb as a brick—sound weak and wimpy, however, so we highly recommend using a set of bookshelf speakers or a decent soundbar with the TV to make the experience more enjoyable.

5. Media Player
It’s much more pleasant to look at family photos on a 50- or 60-inch screen in your living room instead of scrunching everyone together in front of a tiny computer screen—or, worse, passing around a smartphone. A basic DLNA-compliant media player can provide access to all of the digital videos, photos, and music located on a network-attached storage device or computer on your home network. More advanced media players and servers, such as Plex, can organize, categorize, and convert your content, making it super-easy to access all of your digital stuff.

6. Recommendation Engine
Netflix does it. Amazon does it. Even friends do it. “If you liked this,” they say, “then you might like…” or, “Other people who bought this also bought…” So why shouldn’t your Smart TV offer suggestions, too? It’s true that sometimes recommendations from these single-minded algorithms can be a little strange and creepy—especially when multiple people get swirled together under the same profile—but more often than not they can provide some very useful suggestions when the specific movie or TV show you want isn’t available to stream.

7. Universal Search
One blessing of the Internet is that we have so many choices of online streaming services, but it’s also a curse because finding what you want to watch is often a daunting, time-consuming task of searching through each service one-by-one. Most Smart TVs have a built-in search engine or “guide” that will look for the particular movie, TV show, actor, genre, or whatever. They’re not all equally as thorough, though. While some look virtually everywhere, others only peruse certain services. If you want a really smart Smart TV, get one with the widest search capabilities.

8. Games
You can use your Smart TV to watch movies and listen to music, so why not use it to play games, too? Many Smart TVs have game apps, which is okay as long as you like playing Solitaire or Angry Birds. But gaming is getting more sophisticated on some of the newest Smart TVs. Several models from Sony and Samsung, for example, can access the PlayStation Now game streaming service. Take note: These require using a Sony Dualshock 3 or Dualshock 4 controller.

9. Transfer Smartphone Content to the Smart TV
Different companies call it different things, such as “flinging,” “casting,” “second screen experience,” or “swipe & share.” Whatever the name, the ability to send content from your smartphone or tablet to your TV can be priceless. (Well, maybe not priceless, but extremely valuable, at least.) With a compatible app on your phone or tablet, you can display photos, play videos, and transfer streaming content wirelessly from your smart device to the Smart TV. It’s not limited to just your smart device, either, so friends and family can “fling” their photos and videos to your Smart TV if their devices and apps are compatible.

10. App Store
Your Smart TV may be the smartest in the world today, but technology doesn’t stand still. It’s important that your Smart TV has access to an app store that offers a wide variety of applications so it can keep up to date with new services and features as time goes on by downloading new and updated apps. Some Smart TV companies, such as Samsung, Vizio, and LG, have their own proprietary app stores with different numbers of apps. Smart TVs from Sony and Sharp, which are based on the Android TV operating system, have access to over 600 apps. The recently developed Firefox OS, which Panasonic is beginning to use in its Smart TVs, will have its own app store, as well.

Extras: Of course, there are more than 10 Smart TV features that could be considered “must haves.” Skype capability, either built-in or with an optional camera, is a must-have feature, for example, but only for people who actively use Skype to make phone and video calls. Voice control and/or motion control is a feature on some Smart TVs that you should definitely check out because it’s a tremendously cool way to operate one. Not everyone likes using these methods, however. (Voice control can be finicky at times.) Another feature that’s helpful to have is a wired Ethernet connection in addition to the more common Wi-Fi connectivity that’s built into most Smart TVs. Although a wired connection is faster, more reliable, and can pass more data, a lot of people don’t have an Ethernet port near their TV.

Nothing in life is perfect, but if you get most—preferably all—of the features above, you’ll have about the most perfect Smart TV
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by EagleScope01: 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kinematics:

1.Fast User Interface
One of the most must-have of the must-have features in a Smart TV is one that you won’t give a second thought—or a second’s thought to—if you already have it: speed. If you have a Blu-ray Disc player, you know how annoying it is to wait for what seems like an eternity for the disc’s main menu to load and finally appear on your screen. Likewise, some Smart TVs take eons (okay, maybe it’s only decades) to switch from one app, function, or input to another. A blazingly fast interface that lets you do what you want to do almost before you know you want to do it is a must if you don’t want to find yourself endlessly irritated by how sluggish your Smart TV is.

2. Streaming Video Services
If all you do is watch movies rented from a red kiosk or tune in to the local nightly news broadcast, then you don’t need a Smart TV. Frankly, if that’s the case, you need to get a life. The other option is to get a Smart TV and sign up for at least one (but probably more) online streaming video service, such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Instant, Vudu, Hulu Plus, Crackle, or even Funny or Die. There’s also Showtime Anytime, HBO Now, and CBS All Access. If you have a fast Internet connection, there are more movies and TV shows to stream than you’ll ever have time to watch—but, you can only stream them if your Smart TV has an app(s) that supports the online service(s) you want to use. Sling TV, for example, is an affordable alternative to your cable subscription, but it might as well not exist if your TV isn’t compatible with it.

3. 4K UHD Streaming Video
At the moment, there isn’t a deluge of 4K Ultra HD content available to stream from the Internet. There is a bit, though, mainly from Netflix, Amazon Instant, M-GO, and a few others. While it might seem logical that owning a 4K UHD Smart TV with a subscription to one of these services would automatically provide access to their particular 4K UHD selections, it doesn’t. Your Smart TV has to be compatible with that specific service. Not all TVs are, nor are all the services, and vice versa, and…confused? If 4K UHD streaming is important to you, check with the websites for these services to see which Smart TVs are compatible—and make sure you have a fast Internet connection. (Netflix recommends “at least 25 megabits per second to stream Ultra HD titles.”)

4. Music Streaming
Listening to music might not be the first activity you think about when considering a new Smart TV, but—if it’s available on your TV—you’ll be surprised at how much you’ll use it, especially if the TV is in a kitchen, a bedroom, or some other location in the house where you don’t already have an audio system. As with streaming video services, though, not all Smart TVs have apps for some of the most popular services, such as Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Check the Smart TV’s app store to see if your favorite music streaming service is available. The speakers in nearly every TV—smart, average, or dumb as a brick—sound weak and wimpy, however, so we highly recommend using a set of bookshelf speakers or a decent soundbar with the TV to make the experience more enjoyable.

5. Media Player
It’s much more pleasant to look at family photos on a 50- or 60-inch screen in your living room instead of scrunching everyone together in front of a tiny computer screen—or, worse, passing around a smartphone. A basic DLNA-compliant media player can provide access to all of the digital videos, photos, and music located on a network-attached storage device or computer on your home network. More advanced media players and servers, such as Plex, can organize, categorize, and convert your content, making it super-easy to access all of your digital stuff.

6. Recommendation Engine
Netflix does it. Amazon does it. Even friends do it. “If you liked this,” they say, “then you might like…” or, “Other people who bought this also bought…” So why shouldn’t your Smart TV offer suggestions, too? It’s true that sometimes recommendations from these single-minded algorithms can be a little strange and creepy—especially when multiple people get swirled together under the same profile—but more often than not they can provide some very useful suggestions when the specific movie or TV show you want isn’t available to stream.

7. Universal Search
One blessing of the Internet is that we have so many choices of online streaming services, but it’s also a curse because finding what you want to watch is often a daunting, time-consuming task of searching through each service one-by-one. Most Smart TVs have a built-in search engine or “guide” that will look for the particular movie, TV show, actor, genre, or whatever. They’re not all equally as thorough, though. While some look virtually everywhere, others only peruse certain services. If you want a really smart Smart TV, get one with the widest search capabilities.

8. Games
You can use your Smart TV to watch movies and listen to music, so why not use it to play games, too? Many Smart TVs have game apps, which is okay as long as you like playing Solitaire or Angry Birds. But gaming is getting more sophisticated on some of the newest Smart TVs. Several models from Sony and Samsung, for example, can access the PlayStation Now game streaming service. Take note: These require using a Sony Dualshock 3 or Dualshock 4 controller.

9. Transfer Smartphone Content to the Smart TV
Different companies call it different things, such as “flinging,” “casting,” “second screen experience,” or “swipe & share.” Whatever the name, the ability to send content from your smartphone or tablet to your TV can be priceless. (Well, maybe not priceless, but extremely valuable, at least.) With a compatible app on your phone or tablet, you can display photos, play videos, and transfer streaming content wirelessly from your smart device to the Smart TV. It’s not limited to just your smart device, either, so friends and family can “fling” their photos and videos to your Smart TV if their devices and apps are compatible.

10. App Store
Your Smart TV may be the smartest in the world today, but technology doesn’t stand still. It’s important that your Smart TV has access to an app store that offers a wide variety of applications so it can keep up to date with new services and features as time goes on by downloading new and updated apps. Some Smart TV companies, such as Samsung, Vizio, and LG, have their own proprietary app stores with different numbers of apps. Smart TVs from Sony and Sharp, which are based on the Android TV operating system, have access to over 600 apps. The recently developed Firefox OS, which Panasonic is beginning to use in its Smart TVs, will have its own app store, as well.

Extras: Of course, there are more than 10 Smart TV features that could be considered “must haves.” Skype capability, either built-in or with an optional camera, is a must-have feature, for example, but only for people who actively use Skype to make phone and video calls. Voice control and/or motion control is a feature on some Smart TVs that you should definitely check out because it’s a tremendously cool way to operate one. Not everyone likes using these methods, however. (Voice control can be finicky at times.) Another feature that’s helpful to have is a wired Ethernet connection in addition to the more common Wi-Fi connectivity that’s built into most Smart TVs. Although a wired connection is faster, more reliable, and can pass more data, a lot of people don’t have an Ethernet port near their TV.

Nothing in life is perfect, but if you get most—preferably all—of the features above, you’ll have about the most perfect Smart TV

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate. With the highlighted points, I don't think I need a smart TV, apart from bragging rights
Point 1: the few seconds delay is not out of place for me
Point 5: as expected, all modern flat screen tvs should be able to display media from flash drives (though I have seen some that can display pictures but can't play video be it mp4, 3gp or any other format)
Point 9: I have an "Anycast" dongle, I can easily fling media from my phone to my TV..

For streaming of videos such as Netflix, I can easily do that from my phone and mirror display. It saves the the stress (physical and financial) of another Internet subscription for TV. It is not poverty mentalitt, it is a young bachelor trying to start life grin
Thank you for your indept analysis, it is not unappreciated.
One last thing, pls can you tell me what you inputted in your search bar to get the above result? I couldn't get the right keywords
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by Kinematics: 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
EagleScope01:

Thank you for your time. I really appreciate. With the highlighted points, I don't think I need a smart TV, apart from bragging rights
Point 1: the few seconds delay is not out of place for me
Point 5: as expected, all modern flat screen tvs should be able to display media from flash drives (though I have seen some that can display pictures but can't play video be it mp4, 3gp or any other format)
Point 9: I have an "Anycast" dongle, I can easily fling media from my phone to my TV..

For streaming of videos such as Netflix, I can easily do that from my phone and mirror display. It saves the the stress (physical and financial) of another Internet subscription for TV. It is not poverty mentalitt, it is a young bachelor trying to start life grin
Thank you for your indept analysis, it is not unappreciated.
One last thing, pls can you tell me what you inputted in your search bar to get the above result? I couldn't get the right keywords

Search anything about smart TV online. Also note that yes you may not need a smart TV, however most TV that has all the bells and whistles are smart TV, especially the high end ones. I doubt if there is any Oled or quantum dot TV that's not a smart TV.
Yes smart TVs get updates easily than just ordinary TVs, also take note of that, unless you are not the kind that likes the latest firmware on your TV.

For me picture quality matters more than anything, and the best picture quality today are in mainly smart TVs.
I'm a fan of Oled or VA panels. No carry IPS panel near me cheesy

I'm sure you are not a videofile that pick on little things like motion blur, 4k resolution, refresh rate of 120fps/120hz, HDMI 2.1 etc. If you were then smart TV would have been way preferable.
Re: Samsung Led TV Vs LG Led TV Which Is Better? by EagleScope01: 10:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kinematics:

Search anything about smart TV online. Also note that yes you may not need a smart TV, however most TV that has all the bells and whistles are smart TV, especially the high end ones. I doubt if there is any Oled or quantum dot TV that's not a smart TV.
Yes smart TVs get updates easily than just ordinary TVs, also take note of that, unless you are not the kind that likes the latest firmware on your TV.

For me picture quality matters more than anything, and the best picture quality today are in mainly smart TVs.
I'm a fan of Oled or VA panels. No carry IPS panel near me cheesy

I'm sure you are not a videofile that pick on little things like motion blur, 4k resolution, refresh rate of 120fps/120hz, HDMI 2.1 etc. If you were then smart TV would have been way preferable.
Yh.. I don't know the keyword you search that brought out that detailed info you gave.... Please epp a brother acquire knowledge, for the sake of the future (the way I used to search Google while in the uni and I see direct ans to specific assignments, it's no longer that way in Google and I seem not to have evolved. Pdf files is a big turn off.. Ple teach me how to Google search

All the technicalities mentioned above, are giberrish to me. That firmware thing, updates with bugs dey fear me. Internet to use sef na another expenses.
I learnt Oled and plasma that have good picture quality has hight power consumption. I dey use prepaid meter o cool

For resolution, what are the figures for a good one (blah-blah by blah blah)

Cc: Genius43

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Baby Pink Of "Baby's Day Out" / BBNaija: I Will Never Appeal For Votes - Tobi / David and Jessica Oyelowo's Yoruba Saxton Signs Deal To Produce Movies For Apple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.