Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,458 members, 7,830,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Twitter Is Officially Rolling Out 280 Character Tweets - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Twitter Is Officially Rolling Out 280 Character Tweets (486 Views)

Why Do I Still Get Notified of New Tweets On My Twitter App? / What's The Fate Of Mobile Wallet Now That Whatsapp Is Rolling Out Money Transfer / Whatsapp Is Rolling Out QR Codes For Adding Contacts - Watch Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Twitter Is Officially Rolling Out 280 Character Tweets by blackstreak: 12:12am On Nov 08, 2017
The standard 140-character tweet has now been officially changed. Twitter after a global test, said the 280-character tweets will roll out to users around the world. Longer tweets will now be the standard in every language and region where Twitter is available. With the exception of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, where the 140-character limit still applies.

WHILE, i still believe 140 characters makes for a more fast-paced and interactive conversation. Though (I use twitter to read great comebacks once or twice a week) in my experience, shorter sentences pack more punch and strong delivery. At the time, this will make life easier for the epistle writer with more real estate to express themselves on.

In a blog post, Twitter said the expanded character limit would allow for easier expression while retaining the brevity for which the service is known. With the previous limit in place, 9 percent of tweets hit 140 characters. But during the test of expanded tweets, only 1 percent of tweets hit 280 characters, Twitter said. “More space makes it easier for people to fit thoughts in a tweet, so they could say what they want to say, and send Tweets faster than before,” the company said in a blog post.

But most people who had 280 characters during the test period didn’t use the added real estate, Twitter said. Only 5 percent of tweets sent during the test period exceeded 140 characters, the company said, and just 2 percent exceeded 190 characters. “Your timeline reading experience should not substantially change,” Twitter said. “You’ll still see about the same amount of tweets in your timeline.”

Well the aim to express ourselves a lot better, lets get back to the fun!

Source: https://flashtechblog.com/twitter-rolling-280-character-tweets/

(1) (Reply)

Tfhost Is Offering Free Web Hosting Tomorrow / Watch Free Online Movies Now :) / 77 Facts About Cybercrimes One Should Know In 2018 (infographic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.