Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Unbelievable! Man Marries Three Blood Sisters! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unbelievable! Man Marries Three Blood Sisters! (9943 Views)

92-Yr-Old Man Marries 22-Yr-Old Woman / Man Marries Mother-in-law After Death Of Wife / 3 Blood Sisters Falling In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable! Man Marries Three Blood Sisters! by shadrach77: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2010
Three sisters, one hubby
Twin sisters snatch their elder sister’s husband
•And the man says, it’s no crime
By WOLE BALOGUN
Saturday, March 20, 2010
•The twins’ wing at Gbag Itutu market
• Photo: The Sun Publishing
Living index

The story of three sisters: a set of twins and their elder sister, who married a single man may sound like fairy tale, but it is true. The twin sisters, Taiwo and Kehinde and their elder sister, Mama Wale, married a man called Akomeji (surname withheld) about ten years ago and have all had children for him.

Mama Wale, the twins’ elder sister, was first married by Akomeji years before her twin sisters joined the large family. Mama Wale and the man’s marriage had produced three children. Things went smoothly with the nuclear family until Mama Wale decided to bring her two beautiful younger twin sisters to her matrimonial home because their parents were had died and the responsibility of taking care of her twin sisters fell on her.

It was gethered that the twins were just getting into adulthood when Mama Wale accommodated them. They were to assist her in domestic chores and to be taken care of and empowered, in return, during the short time they would stay with her family. After the training, there were expected to either get married to the man of their choice or stay on their own, once they could afford it. They later got married as expected, but to the least of Mama Wale’s imagination: Her husband
AKomeji welcomed the idea and was very supportive to the twins.

He took care of them. He made sure there was enough food, clothing and even made effort to empower them by sponsoring their schooling and trade acquisition. His wife was happy, as it is indeed, rare to have a caring and understanding husband like him.

Another story
However, things began to take a different shape months later. Taiwo, one of the twins, started becoming too rude to her sister. Her twin sister, Kehinde, joined later in the act. They could look their elder sister straight in the face and tell her to go to hell if she threatened to punish them for failing to obey her instructions. Using her husband as threat no longer cowed the twins. They just laughed at her scornfully and told her they had equal rights with her in the home.

Attempts to make her husband tame the twins were futile. But that was just a tip of the iceberg. The bombshell that was to come later was that one of the twins was pregnant!. For who? Mama Wale asked, only to get a shocker that it was an in-house act, a home game and domestic meddling. “Ask your husband,” was the reply her younger sister gave her. Mama Wale had not believed her. She surely must be joking or acting a movie scene or better still going gaga! She promptly told the girl to go have her knots screwed.

Some days later, Kehinde, the other twin sister, also showed signs of being pregnant. Mama Wale detected it from her so much sleeping, laziness and spitting around the home. Were the twins going mad the same time? How could they become pregnant coincidentally under her nose? Is that contagious pregnancy or an epidemic form of it? They must reveal the men responsible for their pregnancies. That was her verdict as she was prepared to send them packing from her matrimonial home if they failed to own up.

Little did she know that she was planning the process of evicting herself and her three children permanently from their home.

The bubble bursts
Having chalked up enough courage, given by peps from friends and advisers, Mama Wale confronted her husband. She demanded to know if the allegation levelled against him by her younger twin sisters was true. The man did not waste time or mince words. He simply confirmed it and added that he wanted the duo to be his wives as well. A swell party, you may guess.

The world came to a standstill for Mama Wale. She has been betrayed, like the biggest fool on earth. She was both confused and upset. She made for the relations of her husband and reported the man’s ways to them. Tension mounted, as relations, from both sides rose and raged calling for the head of the erring Akomeji. He was undaunted and stark faced. He insisted on marrying them. The twins also agreed that he must be their husband. Case seemed closed.

“The whole of Gbagi Tuntun was at war that day. Everyone who heard the story rained curses on Akomeji and the twins. Mama Wale’s relations demanded the head of Akomaji. It took the intervention of elderly people to calm nerves. It was really a devil’s own day,” a trader in Gbagi Tuntun area of Ibadan, Oyo State, where Akomeji has his business told Saturday Sun.
Asked what later happened. The trader said that Mama Wale has since left the husband’s house for her twin sisters and moved on. Many elderly ones believe Akomeji must have used something to win the twins to his side. “He must have used juju on them for a purpose only he can reveal; that is the opinion of the elders”, the anonymous trader added.

Saturday Sun visited Gbagi Tuntun in the LGA of Ibadan. What was first noticed is that virtually everyone you asked know who Akomeji is. He is popularly called Baba Akomeji or akometa alankara. This is because he is a dealer in ankara wears. He has two shops in the market. This reporter went to the twins who are now married to Akomeji. One of them did not deny the allegation, but she refused to grant an interview on the issue. The twins are popularly called Ibeji Akomeji, (twins of akomeji).

The fair complexioned women are very identical twins and beautiful as well. They carried on with their business of selling ankara as if nothing ever went wrong.
Saturday Sun made efforts to speak with the man at the centre of the issue. Having been earlier warned not to call him Akomeji (harvester of two), the reporter called him his surname and he confirmed it. Saturday Sun also asked to know if he was the one who had married the twin sisters. He frowned and hesitated. He then asked how the reporter got to know about the story? He was assured he would be told that if he confirmed the story.

Akomeji insisted on knowing the source of the allegation before he opened up. The reporter continued and asked how he felt marrying twin sisters. He said: “That is not your business; your business now is to bring the person and I will tell you how it happened.”
The reporter had said: “Sir, I am not going to blackmail you, I will only tell your story as one of the wonders of life.”

He replied: “If you like, blackmail me, I have not committed any crime. But you will not hear my side of the story until you bring to me the person spreading such story about me. I am not denying the story but I must see the person who told you before I talk,” Akomeji insisted.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/living/2010/mar/20/living-03-20-2010-001.htm
Re: Unbelievable! Man Marries Three Blood Sisters! by mrperfect(m): 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2010
Is that wrong? he just in Love.
Re: Unbelievable! Man Marries Three Blood Sisters! by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2010
nigeria
Re: Unbelievable! Man Marries Three Blood Sisters! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 20, 2010
9th wonder of the modern world shocked shocked
Re: Unbelievable! Man Marries Three Blood Sisters! by stint(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2012
doesn't this qualify as incest? isn't incest a crime punishable by the law?

(1) (Reply)

A Family Budget That Works - updated with spread sheet. / Pls Help Me, My Wife Is Killing Me. Helpppppp! / Have You Ever Lied To Your Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.