Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,244 members, 7,822,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Things You Can Get Away With In Nigeria But Get Arrest For In Italy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Can Get Away With In Nigeria But Get Arrest For In Italy (755 Views)

Passengers Stranded After Bus Conductor Runs Away With Money (video) / Police Car Hits Nigerian During Chase In Italy. Photos / Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Things You Can Get Away With In Nigeria But Get Arrest For In Italy by Gbethel: 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2017
Aside from the difference in location, culture and lifestyle in these countries (Nigeria and Italy), there is a huge difference in their constitutions which means there are things you can do in one country and be punished for while in the other country you can go scot free. I have had the opportunity to live in these countries (Nigeria and Italy), so I will be enlightening you on things you can get away with in Nigeria but be arrest for if such is practised in Italy.

STARTING A BUSINESS WITHOUT GOVERNMENTS AUTHORIZATION

In Nigeria, anyone could start a business at any time without announcing or declaring to anyone only business owner whose line of business requires registration takes extra steps in notifying the government about their businesses. For instance, a corn sellers, restaurant owner or local housing agent does not need to get a special permit from the government before they commence business, all they have to do is get a space and start running their business. I remember leaving for my former job to start my business, I commenced without any form of registration but as my business expanded, I felt the need to upgrade my business by registering my business with CAC and I also applied to get a TIN no for my company which I got after some weeks. My point is, even if entrepreneurs don't get necessary financial support from the government, Nigerians are free to start-up their businesses without government policies that are aimed at any discouraging them from starting.

In Italy, the case is different, you cant start any form trade without notifying the government. Formally letting the government know about your business is very necessary, depending on your area of specialization, you might still need to register under other agencies that will further approve the startup of your business, keep in mind that all this registration requires payment and your initial payment is not the end of your debt to the government you have to renew your payment when due and above all, you have to pay tax.

DOCUMENT AND CERTIFICATE

In Nigeria it is either you go to school or learn a trade and at the completion of your training, you have the freedom to start working either for a company or for yourself. Handymen are also free to acquire a space that can be used as a workshop but in Italy, handymen such as electrician, welder, plumber or Gardner cant not practise except they are educated and are graduates of the jobs they intend to practice. If anyone practices without the necessary qualifications there will be a problem.

This simply means that a Nigerian electrician or caterer who migrates into Italy cannot practice because they are not qualified.

SELLING ALCOHOL

In Nigeria, almost anybody can decide to sell alcohol and the sellers are not responsible for who decides to buy from them. This means an underaged person can buy alcohol without getting into trouble but in Italy, you must have a licence to sell alcohol and selling to an underage person could get you into trouble. Since 10th Jan 2010, It is illegal to sell, serve or offer distilled alcohol to those under the age of 18 or any alcoholic drink to those under 16.

KILLING A THIEF

In Nigeria, you can defend yourself if being robbed and if protecting your life and property requires killing the intruder, so be it but in Italy, if you being robbed and you killed the burglar to defend your life and property, you will be arrested and charged with murder and the family of the thief can further
Ckick to continue http://www.classic9ija.online/2017/11/things-you-can-get-away-with-in-nigeria.html

1 Like

Re: Things You Can Get Away With In Nigeria But Get Arrest For In Italy by forreelinc(m): 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2017
grin ehen? You can get "arrest" for selling alchohol in Italy?
Re: Things You Can Get Away With In Nigeria But Get Arrest For In Italy by hisgrace090: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
Well for Italy rich men outnumber the poor, so they can do big man any how.

For here we are under imergency situation.

(1) (Reply)

Foreigners Comment On The State Of Nigerian Airports / Portraits Photos Of Some Strange Girls At Falomo Roundabout / Canada Or South Korea Which Is Better In Terms Of Job Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.