Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? (2438 Views)

Russia-Ukraine Live: What Exactly Did US President, Joe Biden Say (Photos) / Putin’s Speech On Annexation: What Exactly Did He Say? / Nigerians Celebrate Queen Elizabeth’s Funeral With Aso Ebi In UK (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by Sphinx02(m): 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
This question has been on my mind for a long time.Someone please explain to me why there was so much rejoicing and euphoria by some Nigerians over Trumps victory in faraway america??
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by ibkayee(f): 10:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
Conservative + ignorant on racism, white supremacy etc. It doesn't surprise me that many endorse him

3 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by NnamdiN: 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2017
Obama Payback for imposing Buhari on them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by IJOBA2: 10:37pm On Nov 08, 2017
ibkayee:
Conservative + ignorant on racism, white supremacy etc. It doesn't surprise me that many endorse him
IAM AGAINST ABORTION

IAM AGAINST ISLAMIC JIHADIST

IAM AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY

IM A PRO-LIFE

3 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by IJOBA2: 10:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sphinx02:
This question has been on my mind for a long time.Someone please explain to me why there was so much rejoicing and euphoria over Trumps victory in faraway america??
HAVE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by dunkem21(m): 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2017
NnamdiN:
Obama Payback for imposing Buhari on them.

grin ..

What I wondered is why people didn't celebrate with him cheesy

Infact, some of our ministers voiced out their frustrations grin

Make we stop here till further questions come up cool

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by dunkem21(m): 10:46pm On Nov 08, 2017
IJOBA2:
IAM AGAINST ABORTION

IM A PRO-LIFE

Tell him that we celebrated because a man that refused to sell weapons to fight insurgency handed over to a man that will dash us for free cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by dunkem21(m): 10:48pm On Nov 08, 2017
Now, why are some people sad that Trump won? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by BigIyanga: 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2017
IJOBA2:
IAM AGAINST ABORTION

IM A PRO-LIFE

And Trump is pro--abortion
Very good friend with Saudi-Arabi, sponsor and originator of jihad.
Pro-gay.
And pro-choice.
He's a typical New Yorker!! Hello

4 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by kocvalour(m): 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2017
dunkem21:
Now, why are some people sad that Trump won? cheesy

islamic fools
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by lanaVello(m): 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2017
ibkayee:
Not particularly, US is unarguably a world power and whoever leads the country goes a long to affect the policies and extent of international relations. So i guess people were rejoicing because they felt he would bring about policies that aligned with their aspirations
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by IJOBA2: 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2017
BigIyanga:

Pro-gay.
And pro-choice.
YOU REALLY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TRUMP

4 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by NnamdiN: 11:05pm On Nov 08, 2017
dunkem21:

grin ..

What I wondered is why people didn't celebrate with him cheesy

Infact, some of our ministers voiced out their frustrations grin

Make we stop here till further questions come up cool
lol I see what you did here grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by ibkayee(f): 11:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
lanaVello:
Not particularly, US is unarguably a world power and whoever leads the country goes a long to affect the policies and extent of international relations. So i guess people were rejoicing because they felt he would bring about policies that aligned with their aspirations
'Value wise', Nigerians are largely conservative/republican leaning is what I meant by 'Conservative', we're saying the same thing

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by IJOBA2: 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2017
BigIyanga:

Pro-gay.
And pro-choice.
WHO BE THIS ONE AGAIN STOP QUOTING IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AMERICAN POLITICS angry
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by FarahAideed: 11:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sphinx02:
This question has been on my mind for a long time.Someone please explain to me why there was so much rejoicing and euphoria over Trumps victory in faraway america??

Because unlike Obama he is not sponsoring Islamic terrorism

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by FarahAideed: 11:14pm On Nov 08, 2017
BigIyanga:

Pro-gay.
And pro-choice.

You must be referring to Obama
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by IJOBA2: 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
I STILL DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SUNNA MUSLIMS ARE AGAINST SOMEONE WHO OPENLY CAMPAIGNED AGAINST HOMOSEXUALITY AND ABORTIONsad

OH MAYBE BECAUSE HE BANNED ISLAMIC JIHADISTS FROM ENTERING HIS COUNTRYgrin

3 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by FarahAideed: 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
ibkayee:

Can you give one proof that Trump is a racist or he is big on white supremacy

2 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by Armaggedon: 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2017
Sphinx02:
This question has been on my mind for a long time.Someone please explain to me why there was so much rejoicing and euphoria by some Nigerians over Trumps victory in faraway america??
maybe you should start by asking why some mourned for his victory
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by maclatunji: 11:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
ibkayee:

In your attempt to prove intellectual superiority, you are exhibiting a degree of oversimplification.

I just like the fact that he has immense belief in himself regardless of what majority of people say about him. I got insights into his personality having read one of his books years before he became a candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by ibkayee(f): 12:01am On Nov 09, 2017
FarahAideed:

Can you give one proof that Trump is a racist or he is big on white supremacy
His controversial comments on minorities and the fact that he ran his whole campaign on racist rhetoric.

Housing discrimination against black people, refused to denounce an endorsement by a member of the KKK, called Mexicans rapists, defended white supremacists in Charlottesville, questioned Obama’s place of birth because of his skin colour are some examples.

Some of his comments go back a long way before his presidential campaign but I actually think he’s more of an opportunist just pretending to be more racist than he is to pander to his main supporters, white supremacists.

3 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by Caseless: 12:08am On Nov 09, 2017
dunkem21:

Tell him that we celebrated because a man that refused to sell weapons to fight insurgency handed over to a man that will dash us for free cool
useless lies.
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by Caseless: 12:10am On Nov 09, 2017
ibkayee:

His controversial comments on minorities and the fact that he ran his whole campaign on racist rhetoric.

Housing discrimination against black people, refused to denounce an endorsement by a member of the KKK, called Mexicans rapists, defended white supremacists in Charlottesville, questioned Obama’s place of birth because of his skin colour are some examples.

Some of his comments go back a long way before his presidential campaign but I actually think he’s more of an opportunist just pretending to be more racist than he is to pander to his main supporters, white supremacists.

you don't spend your time educating a certain farahaideed, cos most of them are close-minded.

4 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by ibkayee(f): 12:14am On Nov 09, 2017
Caseless:
you don't spend your time educating a certain farahaideed, cos most of them are close-minded.
He's either delusional or just woke up from a coma

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by Caseless: 12:18am On Nov 09, 2017
I think Trump was celebrated because of:

1. His hatred for Islam or Muslims

2. his asininity appeals to many as there are many asinines right now in the world to take such message the dotard was spreading then. I'm sure most of them didn't expect blacks in America will be this hit by his presidency.

3. The lunatics aka igbo kilistain or iPod yoot that celebrated most are the people with zero education who thinks he's coming to remove Buhari and give them biafla.

I can see the land of low current sun being achieved with trump . The only little issue here is that dilekto gone on recess.

3 Likes

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by Caseless: 12:21am On Nov 09, 2017
ibkayee:

thank God you know. They even love trump more than the Americans.

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by IJOBA2: 12:37am On Nov 09, 2017
Caseless:
thank God you know. They even love trump more than the Americans.
A.BOKI YOU REALLY ENJOYED MUBARAK GAY HUSSAIN O'BOMBER'S ADMINISTRATION ABI THE HOMOSEXUAL WHO TOLD YOUR FORMER PRESIDENT TO LEGALIZE GAY MARRIAGE IN NIGERIA... I CAN NOW SEE THE REAL MUSLIM IN YOU.

IN AS MUCH AS I DONT SUPPORT MOST OF MADRIDGUY VIEW ABOUT THE GREATEST PROPHET OF ISLAM (PROPHET BUHARI) I STILL RESPECT HIM FOR NOT SUPPORTING THE DEVILISH KILLARY CLINTON WHO WAS A STRONG ADVOCATE OF HOMOSEXUALITY AND ABORTION.
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by IJOBA2: 12:42am On Nov 09, 2017
ibkayee:

NA TOO MUCH FOETUS WEY KILLARY TERMINATE MAKE AM DEY FALL YAKATA DURING THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION CAMPAIGNgrin SHAME NOR GREE CFCFAN YOUR FELLOW ZOMBIE ENTER NAIRALAND AGAIN. E REMAIN ALHAJI LUCASBALO AKA ABBEYBAILEYgrin

1 Like

Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by IJOBA2: 12:46am On Nov 09, 2017
maclatunji:

In your attempt to prove intellectual superiority, you are exhibiting a degree of oversimplification.

I just like the fact that he has immense belief in himself regardless of what majority of people say about him. I got insights into his personality having read one of his books years before he became a candidate.
MACLATUNJI ARE YOU THE ONE SAYING THISshocked
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by Caseless: 12:47am On Nov 09, 2017
IJOBA2:
A.BOKI YOU REALLY ENJOYED MUBARAK GAY HUSSAIN O'BOMBER'S ADMINISTRATION ABI THE HOMOSEXUAL WHO TOLD YOUR FORMER PRESIDENT TO LEGALIZE GAY MARRIAGE IN NIGERIA... I CAN NOW SEE THE REAL MUSLIM IN YOU.

IN AS MUCH AS I DONT SUPPORT MOST OF MADRIDGUY VIEW ABOUT THE GREATEST PROPHET OF ISLAM (PROPHET BUHARI) I STILL RESPECT HIM FOR NOT SUPPORTING THE DEVILISH KILLARY CLINTON WHO WAS A STRONG ADVOCATE OF HOMOSEXUALITY AND ABORTION.
when you write in caps, you're screaming your words, and not your empty message.

Having said that, Nigeria responded to the gay issue appropriately and damned the American government. Anyone that accept that ideology is on his own. Besides, obama didn't sponsor the bill, the Congress on their own did their work before it was presented for presidential assent. The representative of the American people did that after due consultation with their constituents. why blame Obama alone when majority had their say?

I'm not supporting gay, but what's my business with what America chose to do on its land? My immediate concern is Nigeria and she handled the situation to my satisfaction.

I don't like both trump and Hilary , but I still prefer Trump. Hilary is a wicked short old hag. undecided

I heard trump gave his children the right upbringing, hence they don't misbehave as rich kids. I respect him for that.
Re: Why Exactly Did Some Nigerians Celebrate Trumps Victory? by IJOBA2: 12:55am On Nov 09, 2017
Caseless:
when you write in caps, you're screaming your words, and not your empty message.

Having said that, Nigeria responded to the gay issue appropriately and damned the American government. Anyone that accept that ideology is on his own. Besides, obama didn't sponsor the bill, the Congress on their own did their work before it was presented for presidential assent. The representative of the American people did that after due consultation with their constituents. why blame Obama alone when majority had their say?

I'm not supporting gay, but what's my business with what America chose to do on its land? My immediate concern is Nigeria and she handled the situation to my satisfaction.
@ BOLDED IS WHAT WE CALL "PROOF OF INCONSISTENCY" IN LOGIC. YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN HOW HES RUNNING HIS COUNTRY, YET YOU STILL OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND CALL HIM RACIST BECAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO STOP YOUR JIHADIST BRETHREN FROM COMING TO HIS COUNTRYgrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bats Mysteriously Drop Dead Across Israel ‘fulfilling Biblical Prophecy / Apocalyptic RED Rainbow Appears During Thunderstorm In Ukraine (videos And Pictu / Snake Deaths Now A Murder Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.