Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,508 members, 7,850,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:27 AM

New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 (1675 Views)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by busybody20: 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2010
On 6 April the government will make significant changes to Tier 1 and Tier 2 of the points-based system. It will also amend the Immigration Rules covering asylum seekers, English language qualifications and marriage visas for members of the Armed Forces.

The government has accepted changes to Tier 1 recommended by the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), and has set out details of how it will implement the MAC's recommended changes to Tier 2.

The changes include new points criteria for both tiers, a simpler route for very highly skilled workers without Master's degrees, greater flexibility for short-term transfers by multinational companies, and more protection against the use of such transfers to fill long-term vacancies that should go to resident workers.

The changes were announced today by Borders and Immigration Minister Phil Woolas, who said:

'We've always said that we would run our immigration system for the benefit of the UK, and that is what we are doing.

'The changes that we are making today will build on an already robust system which is now the envy of the world. A strength of the points-based system is the flexibility to predict and respond to events.

'By utilising the flexibility of the points-based system, we are now ensuring that only those that we need to come to the UK to work can do so.

'I will continue to ensure that immigration does not act as a disincentive for employers to employ and improve the skills of the British workforce.'

The changes are included in the latest Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules, which was laid before Parliament today.

The other changes to the Immigration Rules include:

revised provisions governing English language qualifications for migrants who are applying for permanent residence, to ensure that those relying on qualifications in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) will study at accredited colleges, and to clarify the progression that migrants are required to demonstrate before they can apply for permanent residence;
changes to prevent asylum applicants from claiming humanitarian protection if there are serious reasons for considering that they have engaged in undesirable behaviour;
clarified interview procedures for unaccompanied children seeking asylum;
removal of a requirement for asylum seekers to be asked to sign the interview record, as other safeguards are in place;
lowering the marriage visa age to 18 for serving members of the Armed Forces and their partners, recognising partners' role in supporting those on the front line and reflecting the unique circumstances in which the Armed Forces operate; and
adding Monaco to the Youth Mobility Scheme.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/255022/46-new-rules-for-t1-t2-and-ir
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by busybody20: 6:50pm On Mar 20, 2010
New immigration fees from 6 April 2010

Following Parliamentary approval, the new immigration fees announced on 20 January and 10 February 2010 will be introduced from Tuesday 6 April 2010 for all those applying to study, visit, work in or stay in the UK.

The new fees are set out in the table that you can find on the right side of this page. Also on Tuesday 6 April 2010, we are revising a number of our application forms. If you are submitting an application on or after 6 April, please:

visit the relevant section of this website to check that you have the right form; and
make sure that you send us payment at the new fee level for your type of application.

For the different fees read http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2010/255022/20-immigration-fees-april-2010
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by kadman(m): 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2010
Thanks for this busybody. I tried all I could but I wasn't able to find the actualnew fees
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by busybody20: 6:16pm On Mar 21, 2010
Its on the link. The left hand side

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/new-immigration-fees

I have attached it as a file; If you cant see it

Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by justwise(m): 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2010
busybody20:

Its on the link. The left hand side

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/news/new-immigration-fees

I have attached it as a file; If you cant see it

Thanks alot for the link, very nice of u. I noticed that Post Study fees is now £315 or something, i thought it was 400 b4?
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by Busybody2(f): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2010
BB20, my 20th apprentice, i am proud of you, although it took you 7 years to graduate compared to your mates who finished their own course in just 18 months, lol.

Ehn hen can't believe this is the bi-product of one of my handiwork on display here, chei my head is swelling, and i am in a very generous mood, i have to wash this achievement.

You, yes you Sule, ko to ma wo mi bi zulu gambari, run upstairs and bring my bag from my bedroom, oya busybody20 take this N20 naira and use it towards the transport fare for your 20km bus ride home, and you Sule take this N85,000 naira and tell aboki to follow you to Mile 12 to buy the fattest cow they have for sale and notify my Caterer to start preparing to help me cook "asun" tonight.

THIS SURELY CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION.
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by kadman(m): 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2010
Good news o ! It has reduced from 500 to 315. Nice one

Aren't busybody20 and Busy_Body the same person ?
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by Busybody2(f): 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2010
@kadman

Why are you looking for my trouble because i am a quiet person? ? ?

How dare you compare a sane, rational, always composed being like me to this unbalanced, mischievous, yabaleft loco who religiously and unfailingly uses ogororo to wash her mouth every morning, lol.
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by busybody20: 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2010
Busy_body:

BB20, my 20th apprentice, i am proud of you, although it took you 7 years to graduate compared to your mates who finished their own course in just 18 months, lol.

Ehn hen can't believe this is the bi-product of one of my handiwork on display here, chei my head is swelling, and i am in a very generous mood, i have to wash this achievement.

You, yes you Sule, ko to ma wo mi bi zulu gambari, run upstairs and bring my bag from my bedroom, oya busybody20 take this N20 naira and use it towards the transport fare for your 20km bus ride home, and you Sule take this N85,000 naira and tell aboki to follow you to Mile 12 to buy the fattest cow they have for sale and notify my Caterer to start preparing to help me cook "asun" tonight.

THIS SURELY CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION.

Kai na me be your apprentice? When will this disrespect stop? undecided
Ok by the time you pay royalty for my name way u dey borrow shine grin, u go cool down tongue

Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by busybody20: 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2010
kadman:

Good news o ! It has reduced from 500 to 315. Nice one

Aren't busybody20 and Busy_Body the same person ?

No we are different people!

justwise:

Thanks alot for the link, very nice of u. I noticed that Post Study fees is now £315 or something, i thought it was 400 b4?

Yes Justwise It was previously 400 pounds.
Even for Tier 1, Applicants can now apply for the Tier 1 without Masters degree

The government has accepted changes to Tier 1 recommended by the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC), and has set out details of how it will implement the MAC's recommended changes to Tier 2.

The changes include new points criteria for both tiers, a simpler route for very highly skilled workers without Master's degrees, greater flexibility for short-term transfers by multinational companies, and more protection against the use of such transfers to fill long-term vacancies that should go to resident workers
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by kadman(m): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2010
busybody20:

No we are different people!

Yes Justwise It was previously 400 pounds.
Even for Tier 1, Applicants can now apply for the Tier 1 without Masters degree

No, it was previously £500 if applying through post office and £700 if applying with interview(1 day) so this is really good news
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by Busybody2(f): 10:10pm On Mar 21, 2010
@topic

No masters required anymore ke? O GA O, i thought there were making it harder cos of the coming election and to prevent BNP from winning more seats?

@BB20

U nefa commot since, what do you mean i should add extra on top, you too like money joo, oya take this N5 naira on top join the N20 naira i initially gave you, lol.
Re: New Rules To Tier 1 And Tier 2 Uk Visa As From 6 April 2010 by busybody20: 10:16pm On Mar 21, 2010
^^^ I had to read the info on their website twice, because i thought it was supposed to be tougher!

maybe people no apply for visa like b4 dats y dem change am   

Anyways, its all good  cool

@Kadman
Thanks 4 d correction.

B_B: Na N20 way u wan give person dey make u rise your shoulders up like say na very big money? It go better grin

(1) (Reply)

Travel Abroad / STOP!!! Do Not Post Road Accident Topics Here! / Where Can I Change Dollars To Naira In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.