Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Melchisedek And Maturity- Heb 5:11-63 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Melchisedek And Maturity- Heb 5:11-63 (380 Views)

RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2023: Double Portion, December 5-11 / IT IS TIME TO GROW UP. (1st Cor. 13:11; Heb. 5: 11-14) / Training Your Spirit-man To Know The Voice Of The Holy Ghost (1) Heb 5:12-14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Melchisedek And Maturity- Heb 5:11-63 by Marioplus(m): 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2017
Today’s reflection will help one to honestly assess where one is today in one’s pursuit of Christian maturity. The Scriptures are given to us to guide and lead us, and as we study today, we will find that there’re different kinds of instructions for different groups of Christians on the basis of their maturity. Some are addressed to the babes (in Greek *“Nepios”*) in Christ; others, to the maturing in Christ, and then, there’re instructions for the “fathers” or the spiritually mature in Christ. This is not determined by age. The one who’s still a babe in Christ may quote and confess God’s, but they haven’t really caught it. Is not welling out from their heart. The word has not become flesh in their life. They are controlled by the senses. They think or say “What if it doesn’t work?”, “If it is your will, heal me or do this…”, “I am feeling it now”. "Babes in Christ" are men of little spiritual growth, carnal as opposed to spiritual. They walked by the senses.
Here is a picture of people who have been professing Christ for many years. By this time, they ought to have been teachers, but they need yet to have someone teach them the very ABC's of the gospel, the word of Christ. It is a case of retarded maturity. They have been Christians for years but they still cannot help anyone else. They have nothing to say to help another who may be struggling with problems. They cannot even point someone to Christ. There is no ability to help or instruct another. They need milk, the writer says, instead of strong meat. They do not understand the "word of righteousness or skillful in the word of righteousness. They are unable to discern good from evil. They are still babes which in Greek is called ‘nepios’ (pronounced nay'-pee-os) meaning:
1) an infant, little child
2) a child that cannot speak.
3) metaphorically childish, untaught, unskilled
*CONSEQUNCES OF REMAINING A BABE*
From the above description, one can observe in the passage that age doesn’t produce maturity in faith. Another good observation from the text shows that immaturity is self-identifying. It has certain clear marks which provide a simple test that anyone can take to determine whether he belongs in this classification or not. There is so much of the riches of the Melchizedek priesthood of Christ which I will like us to know, *" he says, "which would make your starved humanity burst into bloom like buds in the spring if you could but grasp it, but you would not get it because you are so dull of hearing."* The immature loses so much, and they risk even more. There is a very grave danger threatening those who continue in this condition of prolonged immaturity.
The Bible says, *“…the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all” (Galatians 4:1) *. This simply means the one who’s spiritually immature can’t walk in his inheritance, his rights and privileges in Christ. Another translation renders it like this: “Galatians 4:1:4 - *What I am saying is that as long as an heir is underage, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. The heir is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. So also, when we were underage, we were in slavery under the elemental spiritual forces of the world” *. That is why some Christians are still under the elements of this world. Why many Christians suffers. They complain to God, “Why me”. “If it is your will”, “You are punishing God because of my sin to teach me something” They speak different vocabulary. While in our culture as disciples of Christ, we have a vocabulary, which we need to keep talking and walking in it. Peter does not walk on the water; He walk on the word.
*THE REMEDY (Hebrews 6:1-3) *
Growing up spiritually requires that we feed on God’s Word daily, Meditate ( in Hebrew “hagah” which means to moan, make a sound , ponders, utter, speak, muse) on the word ,for the Word is meat (spiritual food) indeed. 1 Peter 2:2 affirms this; it says, *“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.”* So, keep growing in, and by the Word, and enjoy the greater glories and treasures of Christ. Let looks at the word of our master in John 15:7 *If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. * . This is not prayer. It is saying * “if you ask(in Greek “aiteo” which means “call up”) whatever you need, it will done ( in Greek “Ginomai” which means “it will be generated or created”, It shall come into being)*. Even if it is not existing, it will be generated or created.
There was a time when we lived off milk as a child, but got to a stage when we had to stop relying on only milk for nourishment. Man does not leave by bread alone but by the Word. That’s how it is with God’s Word. You start with the sincere milk (the simple truth) of the Word, but you don’t remain there; you progress to the “strong meat” of the Word. Strong meat is for those who are of full age; they’ve come to maturity in Christ (Hebrews 5:14).
Become mature in the things of the Spirit and in the Kingdom of God; that’s God’s dream for you. He said in Ephesians 4:13, *“Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge (“Epignosis”) of the Son of God, unto perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.” * A true spiritual maturity is yielding oneself to be trained by the Word of God, and living above the senses. To remain a baby spiritually is to cheat oneself and not enjoy God’s best. Tell yourself today, I have to grow to maturity. Whatever it will take, I need to be at that level to dominate my world (in Greek “aion” which means “an age, a period” In other way “In my own age or period or in my own time”) and enjoy God’s best for my life. In Hebrews 11:3, We know that *“Through faith we understand that the worlds (“aion”) were framed (which is from the Greek, “katartizo.” It means to mend, to fix, to set in order, to arrange, and to fashion.) by the word (which is rendered “rhema” in Greek) of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” *
*1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things*. We have to become matured and reprogrammed our mindset with the Word of God. Babes loses a lot as a Christians. He is not different from a slave. Such is under the element of the world. He is not living in God’s best. Grow in the knowledge of God and of our Lord Jesus Christ. Meditate on God’s word and personalize it. Hope to see all of us fully matured to experience extraordinary creative miracle and Gods goodness and love in the world. God needs many channels which is you and I to express Himself in a full measure to humanity. Don’t remain a BABE
Have a great day Remain bless. Amen.
Bro. Sunday Aroh.....

(1) (Reply)

Is It Really Worth It? / When Was Jesus Born? / Remember Resonance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.