Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site (1383 Views)

What Programming Language Is Best To Learn Data Structures And Algorithms? / Top 20 Websites To Learn Coding With Java, Python, SQL, Algorithms, And Git For / How Can I Set Up Or Run My Python IDE On VS Code On Windows 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site by iczyIni: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
It recently occurred to me that the idea of a library where just Mathematics algorithms / Codes for every topic in mathematics would not be a bad one.
So I set to work and created http://useofmaths.com/

Problem is all the algorithms I've put up so far were tested only on the Windows OS.

I would very much appreciate it if people with other OSes test out a sample of the codes on the site on their own machines just to be sure.

Any other kind of review / appraisal will also help...
Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

#maths
#useOfMaths
Re: Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site by bot101(m): 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2017
iczyIni:
It recently occurred to me that the idea of a library where just Mathematics algorithms / Codes for every topic in mathematics would not be a bad one.
So I set to work and created http://useofmaths.com/

Problem is all the algorithms I've put up so far were tested only on the Windows OS.

I would very much appreciate it if people with other OSes test out a sample of the codes on the site on their own machines just to be sure.

Any other kind of review / appraisal will also help...
Pleaseeeeeeeeeee!

#maths
#useOfMaths

That website, if it yours or not, has a shitty design. Who did that absolute nonsense, eewwww!!!
Re: Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site by KeDv: 8:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
bot101:

That website, if it yours or not, has a shitty design. Who did that absolute nonsense, eewwww!!!

Easy to sit behind your keys and spew criticism. Op has put in an effort, tried to development something that may be of importance to someone, what have you even done to have the right call someone's hard-work shitty? have you even written a line of code before While the site isn't aesthetic, there are a many ways to convey that to him in an encouraging manner, rather than saying his site is "Who did that absolute nonsense".

Op, don't mind this guy. keep on doing what you love doing and avoid naysayers like this.
Re: Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site by bot101(m): 11:14pm On Nov 09, 2017
KeDv:

Easy to sit behind your keys and spew criticism. Op has put in an effort, tried to development something that may be of importance to someone, what have you even done to have the right call someone's hard-work shitty? have you even written a line of code before While the site isn't aesthetic, there are a many ways to convey that to him in an encouraging manner, rather than saying his site is "Who did that absolute nonsense".

Op, don't mind this guy. keep on doing what you love doing and avoid naysayers like this.

Really, I have been there, done it, done better, and growing every day. Mediocrity is a crime, so you better tell him the truth, rather than deceive him.

Op, ask yourself, if someone paid you to deliver a job,, and you did that, would you accept it? Not to discourage you, but you need to do better.

By the way, your material design Music app really looks cool. You see...honest review.
Re: Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site by iczyIni: 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2017
bot101:

This is exactly the kind of bluntness I like!

Please what device (Phone, Tablet, Palmtop, ...) did you view it with and on which browser?
If it's Opera on phone then you've not seen the right thing.
If not, what exactly did you find disgusting and what are your suggestions?
Re: Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site by bot101(m): 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2017
iczyIni:

This is exactly the kind of bluntness I like!

Please what device (Phone, Tablet, Palmtop, ...) did you view it with and on which browser?
If it's Opera on phone then you've not seen the right thing.
If not, what exactly did you find disgusting and what are your suggestions?

See attached screenshots, Chrome for android on Infinix Hot 4.

Re: Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site by iczyIni: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2017
Ok do me a favour and view the same page on a P.C.

The mobile view was not much of a concern when I was designing...
Thanks for taking out the time!
Re: Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site by Dekatron(m): 2:12am On Nov 15, 2017
iczyIni:
Ok do me a favour and view the same page on a P.C.

The mobile view was not much of a concern when I was designing...
Thanks for taking out the time!

Wrong. If you were a developer worth his salt, the first thing you do is make your stuff mobile first. How many people are going to use your stuff on desktop.

Responsive design, ever heard of it?
Re: Test-run My Math Algorithms Open Display Library Site by nijabazaar: 6:44am On Nov 15, 2017
Seriously, the site's design is so 1230 BC enough to put one off Mathematics . ...lol

What's x worth done well x wort done well.... esp in this era.

This site reminds me of my Nigeria maths textbooks compared to an American math book (brought home by my brother) circa 2003

The naija version x so dry with shriveled examples while the Yankee version was as colorful and cherry.

Such things do matter esp considering the fact that mathematics is the language of design.

(1) (Reply)

I Need An App Developer ASAP / Recover Data From Corrupt VHD File / More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.