Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,459 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities (1378 Views)

Are Nairaland Tech Guru's Truly Wicked / October Challenge ...solve And Win Cool Monthly Sub / The Best Online Remote Software Development Communities To Join (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by airsaylongcome: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
So I've been a very good follower of the Programming sub forum in Science and Tech. However with the growing interest in tech and tech jobs, I believe the time has come to some of the communities to spin of into their own dedicated communities. The programming forum has now become a potpourri of all things tech. A lot of n00bs now probably see programming as the only career available in tech. Seun, I'm proposing a spin off of at least one and possibly three sub communities. I think we need at least one of Data Analysis, System Administration, and Devops communities. This way, we can begin to grow these niches and offer readers more focused content. I'm selfish and would say if only one is created, that it should be a Sys Admin focused community. What do you other tech lovers think of this? Do we have sufficient enough people that would be interested in these alternative communities? Or is everyone exclusively interested in Programming?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by chukwuebuka65(m): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
Good idea

1 Like

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by qtguru(m): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
Agreed

1 Like

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by garriAndsugar: 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Following diligently

1 Like

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by KrazyDave16(m): 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
All in for this idea, programming can be the defacto forum for frontend/backend/fullstack discussions

1 Like

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by Maclink288: 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
Agreed đź’Ż

1 Like

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
Nairaland doesn't give af about programmers

Seun can't even code and too sentimental to let go of Nairaland to a more reasonable admin

2 Likes

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by Paystack: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
Failure2019:

Seun can't even code and too sentimental to let go of Nairaland to a more reasonable admin

You mean CEO?

Nairaland is a company?

U always sound dumb.

Work on it.
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by finallybusy: 6:48am On Jun 15, 2023
I wanted to type something. I for collect sure ban from am. It echoed failure2019's sentiment. I quickly give myself sense delete am.
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by airsaylongcome: 3:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
finallybusy:
I wanted to type something. I for collect sure ban from am. It echoed failure2019's sentiment. I quickly give myself sense delete am.

I’d be interested in your take, even if you have to “encrypt” it using obscure language.

Creating this topic wasn’t really about whether anyone cared about Programming or programmers. It is more about having more focused tech communities where Nigeria based Nigerians (and anyone really) can contribute to growing those niches. Currently, any one posting about tech (IT and others) only have “Programming” sub forum to do so. So it can get chaotic trying to comb through the forum looking for niche tech information. Most people that want to foray into texh end up thinking that they would have to be programmers when there are roles in tech support, system admin, networking, and devops

4 Likes

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by finallybusy: 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I’d be interested in your take, even if you have to “encrypt” it using obscure language.

Creating this topic wasn’t really about whether anyone cared about Programming or programmers. It is more about having more focused tech communities where Nigeria based Nigerians (and anyone really) can contribute to growing those niches. Currently, any one posting about tech (IT and others) only have “Programming” sub forum to do so. So it can get chaotic trying to comb through the forum looking for niche tech information. Most people that want to foray into texh end up thinking that they would have to be programmers when there are roles in tech support, system admin, networking, and devops
Thanks for the encouragement but no need. If the people at the helm of affairs here do not care for useful contributions, the forum will remain stagnant till further notice. I suggest you search elsewhere for more up to date resources to aid your quest for knowledge.
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by airsaylongcome: 3:43pm On Jun 15, 2023
finallybusy:
Thanks for the encouragement but no need. If the people at the helm of affairs here do not care for useful contributions, the forum will remain stagnant till further notice. I suggest you search elsewhere for more up to date resources to aid your quest for knowledge.

What are the alternatives though? For tech, I’ve got more than enough places to lean on. But for Naija specific news and all, it’s mostly NL front page for me

2 Likes

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by finallybusy: 6:43pm On Jun 15, 2023
airsaylongcome:

What are the alternatives though? For tech, I’ve got more than enough places to lean on. But for Naija specific news and all, it’s mostly NL front page for me
An unfortunate situation we all suffer.

1 Like

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by tollyboy5(m): 7:16am On Jun 18, 2023
Failure2019:

Seun is a coder

1 Like

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by tollyboy5(m): 7:17am On Jun 18, 2023
finallybusy:
An unfortunate situation we all suffer.
Trust me, you have no meaningful thing to say. So remain quiet.
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by finallybusy: 7:18am On Jun 18, 2023
tollyboy5:

Trust me, you have no meaningful thing to say. So remain quiet.
ROFL.
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by tollyboy5(m): 7:19am On Jun 18, 2023
Seconded, Seun there should be more section to separate this.
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 18, 2023
tollyboy5:

Seun is a coder

Proof??
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by Tobedated(m): 8:36am On Jun 18, 2023
airsaylongcome:
So I've been a very good follower of the Programming sub forum in Science and Tech. However with the growing interest in tech and tech jobs, I believe the time has come to some of the communities to spin of into their own dedicated communities. The programming forum has now become a potpourri of all things tech. A lot of n00bs now probably see programming as the only career available in tech. Seun, I'm proposing a spin off of at least one and possibly three sub communities. I think we need at least one of Data Analysis, System Administration, and Devops communities. This way, we can begin to grow these niches and offer readers more focused content. I'm selfish and would say if only one is created, that it should be a Sys Admin focused community. What do you other tech lovers think of this? Do we have sufficient enough people that would be interested in these alternative communities? Or is everyone exclusively interested in Programming?

Good idea, but is there enough interest in such communities for it to be profitable to Seun

Because even here apart from the spam bots there's only few meaningful threads being created.

So if the communities were created won't it just be barren and soon enough overflowed with spam
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by airsaylongcome: 9:41am On Jun 18, 2023
Tobedated:

Good idea, but is there enough interest in such communities for it to be profitable to Seun

Because even here apart from the spam bots there's only few meaningful threads being created.

So if the communities were created won't it just be barren and soon enough overflowed with spam

The strength of a sub forum relies in very high quality of moderation, quality posts and ability to subscribe to and see only posts related to the forums you subscribed to. Go to Reddit or any of the several small forums, you’d see really small niche communities. It doesn’t have to be “profitable” now. It doesn’t even ever have to be profitable. It’s about grouping the body of knowledge into relatable groups.

2 Likes

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by 3exe3: 8:39am On Jun 27, 2023
One should be dedicated to tech jobs

1 Like

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by airsaylongcome: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2023
3exe3:
One should be dedicated to tech jobs

That one will be oversubscribed and would require a lot of work posting good content to keep the community engaged. Unless you have a sure plug for sourcing job openings
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by meetfemi: 6:56pm On Jan 03
I think this is a great idea! I've spent the last 2hrs combing through this forum looking for info on technical support, networking and system admin. Having a sub-forum that focuses more on other tech niches will help people with the same area of interest connect.

P.S: I sent you a mail, please can you kindly respond🙏🏾

airsaylongcome:

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by Bongadu(f): 7:59pm On Jan 03
meetfemi:
I think this is a great idea! I've spent the last 2hrs combing through this forum looking for info on technical support, networking and system admin. Having a sub-forum that focuses more on other tech niches will help people with the same area of interest connect.

P.S: I sent you a mail, please can you kindly respond🙏🏾

Op doesn't have access to his NL email
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by Bongadu(f): 8:00pm On Jan 03
Open a programming section group for NL programmers on Element or telegram
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by meetfemi: 7:03pm On Jan 04
Thanks a lot man. Is there any way you can suggest to reach him?

Bongadu:

Op doesn't have access to his NL email
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by Seun(m): 2:56pm On Jan 17
www.nairaland.com/webmasters is Sysadmin focused. What do you think of it?
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by WombBreaker: 4:06pm On Jan 17
Seun:

It's more for web devs and web designers than sys admins

I haven't seen a single post about sys admin there , just mostly web stuffs that full there
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by airsaylongcome: 5:16pm On Jan 17
Seun:

No it's not. Would be great if you create a forum for Sysadmin and possibly one for Tech support. I find that Tech Support can be a less rigorous route to get into foreign remote tech roles

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by BenedictAbajue(m): 2:06am On Jan 19
Supported! I followed Programming Board close to a year ago so that I can get notified easily. But then, I find myself leaving the FB page till it gets to like 500 new topics since there are literally no good topics to read there........and I end up reading only the first page.
Maybe a sub section would take me closer to the kind of Tech posts I want to always see.

Modified:
Seun pls I wish I could save a post without having to follow it. Sometimes I see a post I like and the only way I can reference the post easily is by following it.
Re: More Nairaland Tech Sub Communities by airsaylongcome: 9:00am On Jan 19
BenedictAbajue:
Supported! I followed Programming Board close to a year ago so that I can get notified easily. But then, I find myself leaving the FB page till it gets to like 500 new topics since there are literally no good topics to read there........and I end up reading only the first page.
Maybe a sub section would take me closer to the kind of Tech posts I want to always see.

Modified:
Seun pls I wish I could save a post without having to follow it. Sometimes I see a post I like and the only way I can reference the post easily is by following it.

What tech posts would you be interested in?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Takeaway From Learning Devops At 40 / Am I Supposed To Earn More Or Less Being A Software Developer / Mobile App With Ionic - Cors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.