Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,367 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 (32522 Views)

John Obi Mikel Celebrates His 32nd Birthday Today / Middlesbrough Signs John Obi Mikel On A Free Transfer (Photos) / Michael Obi: Mikel’s Father Kidnapped, Rescued In Enugu Forest (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
Beedude:

We all knw Mikel was overrated and lucky. A player who prefer a sub role at chelsea when his mates are in other clubs doing exploit. When Mikel was in chelsea u cant name him among 7most important players at d club. A players impact in a team shows how good he is not medals won.
u don't understand dynamics of football and how good a player is self...d uefa champ lig Chelsea won Mikel was pivotal to it... Hw many African players can measure up the quality and achievement of Mikel to football....make ina De look tins well...before u yarn...mikel overrated wen he thrived over ten years in a competitive club like Chelsea...many South American players De come Europe and return back...Oga....if d roll call of 100gr8 African players is mention Mikel ll be there....
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
Beedude:

With ur point its easy to say mikel is better than okocha and kanu. All i can say is that u never watched jj and papilo (pure talent and higher than any super eagles player presently)
oga it mikel has quality...give it to him he did well for himself weather u like or yes he measure up to the both players u mention...he has done even more than Wat dis two did for Nigeria...as it is now he is our best midfielder...if he is not prove me wrong with good arguments
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by GloriaNinja(f): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
Fxwarrior:

Yes slay queen its long but worth it. It taught me to believe in myself and to have a sense of self worth.

Better than reading Mills and Boon.
What is slay queen?
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Beedude(m): 1:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
oga it mikel has quality...give it to him he did well for himself weather u like or yes he measure up to the both players u mention...he has done even more than Wat dis two did for Nigeria...as it is now he is our best midfielder...if he is not prove me wrong with good arguments
all i know is that u can never build a team on mikel... Thats where quality set in. A quality play thrive and is indespensable e.g kante for chelsea. That was how a chelsea fan said mikel was better than yaya toure few years ago.
Any we cant share same view so i respect ur opinion
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by error4040: 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
sabama007:

I believe gender has nothing to do with football.
lol sure I was just amazed a lady arguing about footy.

most times the F gender hate the game and those who admire it.

kudos to you mam

I believe by now you're convinced that mikel Is no where near Kanu nwankwo OON.

have a nice day ahead

Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by coolshegs10(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2017
hanassholesolo:

it was literally his destiny to be big. Imagine Europeans looking for you all the way in Africa, i mean, even though he was out of sight, he wasn't out of their minds.

Wow, that's true. May our destiny connect us to mighty places.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
error4040:
lol sure I was just amazed a lady arguing about footy.

most times the F gender hate the game and those who admire it.

kudos to you mam

I believe by now you're convinced that mikel Is no where near Kanu nwankwo OON.

have a nice day ahead.

For your information, I developed interest in football thanks to my man.

On the basis of the comparison between both Mikel and Kanu, I think it's quite unfair because both came in at different generations. So, the argument is invalid.

Kanu was a good baller and Mikel is not a bad one either.

Have a nice weekend

1 Like

Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by GloriaNinja(f): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
hanassholesolo:

YOu should read it lol.
But long story short, Mikel was always destined to make it. From what i read, he was getting offers from 3 of the biggest clubs in the world.
The blessings of God was with Mikel.
true
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by GloriaNinja(f): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2017
danchuzzy:

Y'all quit being lazy... It was quite an interesting read
I salute you, hardworker
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by chiefololade: 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2017
MRSHYCAT:

dude!!! all this names you mentioned here, only few are valid Felipe Luis came to the same Chelsea and had a good time on the bench. falcao came and also had a good time on the bench... u guys should stop all this unnecessary comparisons, Mikel had a successful football career any way too wanna look at it. success is in measures. everybody can't be on messi's level.

Brother, like I said earlier, I'm not doubting Mikel as a great footballer, all I'm saying is there are others stars in that tournament.
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by GoldenChiddy: 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_hnRYaqfew&list=PL1UutY7_uGmt-RkJ5NRGywNhmIMtIIjw9
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2017
Beedude:

all i know is that u can never build a team on mikel... Thats where quality set in. A quality play thrive and is indespensable e.g kante for chelsea. That was how a chelsea fan said mikel was better than yaya toure few years ago.
Any we cant share same view so i respect ur opinion
oga I see u are blind sha....sayin Mikel no get quality.....like I said if u no get good argument to disprove our indefatigable captain as our best midfielder I guess u shd carry ur sentiment comot....make kante win champ lig for Chelsea like Mikel did....den we ll know....if u mention top twenty players of all time for Nigeria Mikel ll be among...i rest my case....
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Beedude(m): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2017
OGHENAOGIE:
oga I see u are blind sha....sayin Mikel no get quality.....like I said if u no get good argument to disprove our indefatigable captain as our best midfielder I guess u shd carry ur sentiment comot....make kante win champ lig for Chelsea like Mikel did....den we ll know....if u mention top twenty players of all time for Nigeria Mikel ll be among...i rest my case....
Since d next thing u can throw is tantrum. that we are talking on a platform like this doesnt mean u can abuse another person. believe ur opinion and let me believe mine. its a free world
Re: John Obi Mikel: An Agent Once Offered Me $70,000 When I Was 15 by Officialshobo(m): 10:11am On Nov 12, 2017
Drabeey:

LAYIWOLA SUMONDERE...

someone who has acheived this much, yet you typed this nonsense

where are those who they played that youth tournament together... mention another 3 apart from
messi
skrtel
fabregas
Toni kroos and di Maria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Phillipe Coutinho Returns To Liverpool For Birthday Party (Photos) / Who Will Replace Cristiano Ronaldo At Real Madrid? / Oghenekaro Peter Etebo And His Son Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.