Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. (736 Views)

Major Scam Threads That Have Rocked & Entertained Nairalanders / Before They Say Those Who Attacked Saraki Cannot Read Or Write The Qoran, / Why Are Modrators Deleting Threads For No Justifiable Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. by iukpe: 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2010
I have noticed this for sometime now. The patronage of Romance, Autos, food and Jobs threads etc outweigh that of technology. I am only wondering if this is a reflection of nairalander's true attitude to technology, innovative ideas or problem solving. However, the computer and mobile phone related threads are impressive.
I would not be surprised if this thread eventually does not draw reasonable attention, because of the subject.
Technology is simply the knowledge of how to do things.
Re: Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. by NnamdiN: 1:23pm On Mar 21, 2010
Nigeria and technology has always been strangers,so don't be suprised about the nonchalant attitude towards the technology section,until you see a car running on water in 9ja,4get it.
Re: Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. by harakiri(m): 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2010
@Poster

I can understand where you are coming from.I have also noticed the trend myself but one thing you have to understand is 9ja peeps have next to nothing to contribute when it comes to technology.We have developed little or nothing worth boasting about.What we talk about instead is the technological advancement of other countries.It's shameful but the truth.Kids learn little or nothing in universities.Most students who go to school in Nigeria just do it go get the degree and not necessarily to make changes in the system.

Nuff said.
Re: Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. by harakiri(m): 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2010
NnamdiN:

Nigeria and technology has always been strangers,so don't be suprised about the nonchalant attitude towards the technology section,until you see a car running on water in 9ja,4get it.

You said it all.
Re: Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. by djayxpro: 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2010
The thing is food,relationships/association,music,fashion,sports are more basic things in life than technology. Besides,in this region of d world, we have many things to worry about/develop before speaking or calling technology! Harakiri has a point too!
Re: Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. by XKZ(m): 11:41am On Mar 22, 2010
Besides,in this region of d world, we have many things to worry about/develop before speaking or calling technology!

I had the impression was what was going to get us to the promise land (in addition changes in our attitude).
Re: Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. by XKZ(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2010
I had the impression technology was what was going to get us to the promised land (in addition changes in our attitude).
Re: Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. by dani1luv: 4:58pm On Mar 22, 2010
Moved to nairaland Section
Re: Why Are Technology Threads The Least Read Or Replied On Nairaland. by iukpe: 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2017
Rent a security cam today.

(1) (Reply)

You Can Get Job Notification For Jobs In Your Area / If The Biafrans Did It Over 40 Years Ago Why Cant The Whole Nigeria Do It Now / Sanusi Lamido And Islamic Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.